LoadingReadyRun: A Fortunate Teller

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
A Fortunate Teller

Buying a good curse or hex can be wicked expensive.

Watch Video

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
As someone from Romania, this was funny on a lot of levels. The tax part especially, the parliament actually tried to make fortune telling/hexing a legal profession, so they would get them to pay taxes.
In a country where everyone over 40 is very superstitious, they are making a killing. They've got, like, gold plated manors, with spires. Who has spires any more?

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
unacomn said:
As someone from Romania, this was funny on a lot of levels. The tax part especially, the parliament actually tried to make fortune telling/hexing a legally knowledge profession, so they would get them to pay taxes.
In a country where everyone over 40 is very superstitious, they are making a killing. They've got, like, gold plated manors, with spires. Who has spires any more?
Awesome! I'm thrilled you liked it!

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
I'm just glad this fortune teller keeps her word cause I've met plenty of them who tell me something is going to happen to someone and it never does.

Great sketch as always!

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Oh thank god she accepts debit. I don't think everyone would feel comfortable walking around with that amount of Canadian cash.

Martin Drkos

Mar 7, 2012
The Gentleman said:
Oh thank god she accepts debit. I don't think everyone would feel comfortable walking around with that amount of Canadian cash.
Yes, it's really embarrassing to be seen with Canadian money.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Martin Drkos said:
The Gentleman said:
Is Canadian money that awful?

Drake666

Sep 13, 2010
JaceArveduin said:
Martin Drkos said:
The Gentleman said:
Yeah... It looked like Monopoly money before, and now it is totally made of plastic :S. Yeah, they are all slippery and pretty much unfoldable :|

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
JaceArveduin said:
Martin Drkos said:
The Gentleman said:
It's my understanding they have a coin nicknamed "The loony". Can someone from Canada confirm this is still true?

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
JaceArveduin said:
Martin Drkos said:
The Gentleman said:
It's my understanding they have a coin nicknamed "The loony". Can someone from Canada confirm this is still true?
It's my understanding that the one dollar coin is called a "looney" because it has a picture of a loon on it, and the two dollar coin is called a "twooney" because that just sounds ridiculous.

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
Darth_Payn said:
JaceArveduin said:
Martin Drkos said:
The Gentleman said:
Confirmed. We indeed call our $1.00 coins "loonies" (loony would be singular)

And for what it's worth, I originally thought Kathleen was going to try to carry out authentic Roma, but it was hilarious with the direction you went.

shadowxvii

Jan 9, 2013
I have to say, good job to the person in charge of costume and/or makeup. Couldn't tell for sure that was actually Kathleen. Nice sketch overall.

Also, I didn't know Canadian money looked bad, good thing I almost never have any with me (even though I live in Canada)

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Drake666 said:
JaceArveduin said:
Martin Drkos said:
The Gentleman said:
Yeah... It looked like Monopoly money before, and now it is totally made of plastic :S. Yeah, they are all slippery and pretty much unfoldable :|
I guess that's one way to force everybody into using electronic transactions... Just make the money so unwieldy that nobody can be assed to use it...

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
unacomn said:
As someone from Romania, this was funny on a lot of levels. The tax part especially, the parliament actually tried to make fortune telling/hexing a legal profession, so they would get them to pay taxes.
Let me guess, the law did not pass because everyone supporting it suddenly died from natural causes?

teamcharlie

Jan 22, 2013
Given that magic doesn't exist and the gypsy hex actually worked, I'd say LRR-Graham got an excellent deal. Daily breaking-and-entering-and-coffee-befouling for ~$100 is a great deal, even for a week.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
I am very, very late to the party, but that was amazing... Kathleen needs to do more Gyspy woman sketches!!