LoadingReadyRun: Badly Broken

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Wow... judging from this forum I may be the only person in existence to have watched all of Breaking Bad. Albeit I don't think it's as good as the Internet makes it out to be. It's got some really great moments though.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
MY GOD! Can you BELIEVE this latest episode of Loading Ready Run? I loved the part with the Loading!
I know! Then they got up to the "Run" part and suddenly the meth lab exploded, and nobody was wearing any pants!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
This is the good thing about the Internet; if you think you're alone, you're not. I admit I never watched Breaking Bad, and I never wanted to, because I could distill every description I heard about it down to "nasty people being awful to each other and making poor decisions." How is that enjoyable? When did gritty, morally bankrupt anti-heroes become the rule instead of the exception?
ewhac said:
Thank you. No, seriously, thank you. Very cathartic.

I'm kind of in the same boat, except it also includes Game of Thrones. And Mad Men. I honestly can't be bothered.

It is through the reflexive application of this rule that I try not to enthuse over Doctor Who too much (both new and old). Or classic Star Trek.
Yes indeed, sir. My parents watch Mad Men, only because they were kids when they lived through when that show is set, and to rip on their parents' generation. Which is weird, because that's my grandparents, and they've always been cool to me.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
If their kickstarter gets $170,000 I won't wear pants all year, NO PANTS NO RULES!

None of us watch breaking bad :D

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
I watched every episode of Breaking Bad.

I feel, very, very alone in this thread.

Jburton9

Aug 21, 2012
Awesome : ) Thank you for making this. I have not until recently seen any episodes of Breaking Bad, I sorta like it but wanted to see where the series was going before getting before possibly following it. Other series that I like have been cancelled and it really is no fun as I wanted to see the characters further developed, story progression etc heh.

Punch You

Dec 12, 2010
Louzerman102 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
MY GOD! Can you BELIEVE this latest episode of Loading Ready Run? I loved the part with the Loading!
Yea, holy crap. Did you see the part with all of that... um... running?
Let me tell you, I was not ready for it.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
castlewise said:
Does anyone actually watch Breaking Bad? I don't know anyone who does, and this video seems to suggest that its all a hoax. :D
Besides me, I only know 2 people who watch it. My gf and one of my friends. Greatest TV show of all time IMO. Face Off, Ozymandias and Felina made me feel more emotions than most people in my entire life.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
Watched Breaking Bad. Loved Breaking Bad, but still found this epically hilarious, as I've had the same problems since I don't watch Game of Thrones of The Walking Dead.

Indref

Jun 5, 2008
Hello thread.

My name is Indref Ashen, and I have never seen Breaking Bad.

One day at a time, I'll be strong.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
ewhac said:
Thank you. No, seriously, thank you. Very cathartic.

I'm kind of in the same boat, except it also includes Game of Thrones. And Mad Men. I honestly can't be bothered.

It is through the reflexive application of this rule that I try not to enthuse over Doctor Who too much (both new and old). Or classic Star Trek.
Woah, woah, no need to be too extreme, man. There's a difference between being relaxed and being self-deprecating.

Darth_Payn said:
This is the good thing about the Internet; if you think you're alone, you're not. I admit I never watched Breaking Bad, and I never wanted to, because I could distill every description I heard about it down to "nasty people being awful to each other and making poor decisions." How is that enjoyable? When did gritty, morally bankrupt anti-heroes become the rule instead of the exception?
I wouldn't say that's entirely fair. You need to judge a show on its own merits, not by the similarities with its contemporaries. And for what it's worth, I'd say 'Breaking Bad' is set apart from the rest by really taking a close look at what it is to become a "morally bankrupt anti-hero". It's a character examination quite a lot like 'Dexter', in that it focuses more on the main character arc than the surrounding events.

Lyri said:
I watched every episode of Breaking Bad.

I feel, very, very alone in this thread.
Don't worry, I'm here as well.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
huh... well okay then, I don't actually watch the show and don't pretend to, seems like too much effort. (shrug)

Jan 12, 2012
Can someone explain to me why they have a big "GRAHAM" sign behind the couch? I think that's his apartment, which just opens up a host of narcissistic questions.

(Also, I've seen all of Breaking Bad, and I am interested in your recipe for cancer cookies.)

Lord Hosk

Dec 2, 2011
OK so on to kickstarter news. I will donate $1 to the no pants graham fund, and $1 to the no pants Paul fund, and $6 to the Make Kathleen wear pants evry-day fund, but those pants must be... OH HER HEAD!

Lord Hosk

Dec 2, 2011
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Can someone explain to me why they have a big "GRAHAM" sign behind the couch? I think that's his apartment, which just opens up a host of narcissistic questions.
It came with the Ikea Bookshelves which came with the apartment, they were going to take it down because of just those narcissistic questions however they were informed by the super that it is a load bearing sign. If they take it down, or obscure it by more than 30%, everything collapses, the book case, the apartment building, and 1/4 of the Western Canadia Coastline.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Farther than stars said:
I wouldn't say that's entirely fair. You need to judge a show on its own merits, not by the similarities with its contemporaries. And for what it's worth, I'd say 'Breaking Bad' is set apart from the rest by really taking a close look at what it is to become a "morally bankrupt anti-hero". It's a character examination quite a lot like 'Dexter', in that it focuses more on the main character arc than the surrounding events.
Although unlike Dexter, the Breaking Bad writers at least know how to string a decent plot together.