LoadingReadyRun: Bros Clubbing Bros

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Holy crap, how many cans was that? Pretty awesome :) Also Club Soda does taste pretty nasty.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
"Come at me bro"-Alex

this episode was awesome. I can imagine all the guys in college are going to this prank on each other.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Guys, I thought after the incidents with Nerf guns [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/1877-The-Arms-Race] and Gay Chicken [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/1712-The-Gay-Chicken] you agreed escalation was a bad idea?

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
As soon as I saw the 7:33 run time, I instantly knew that we would be treated to the glory of Commodore Husstle.

And seriously, WTF is up with the whole bros icing bros thing? A friend of mine actually did that to me recently, even though I wouldn't touch alcohol with a ten foot pole. I almost had the desire to smash the bottle and shank him in the face.

However, even though I hate it, I immensely enjoyed your guy's take with bros clubing bros. I also hate club soda, and seeing the stinger made me almost fall out of my chair. All hail the LRR crew for their awesomeness!!

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
I sure hope Mario likes stomping at gombas, otherwise he'll be miserable at work.
Well, more so because he's owned by Nintendo.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
That. was. amazing! O_O

I watched Alex's reveal 4 minutes ago and I am still laughing. Is it sad or awesome if that is what I would do too?

p.s. club soda is terrible

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
The Gentleman said:
Guys, I thought after the incidents with Nerf guns [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/1877-The-Arms-Race] and Gay Chicken [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/1712-The-Gay-Chicken] you agreed escalation was a bad idea?
Well, really, that depends on your definition of escalation. Judging by all this behaviour, escalation doesn't occur until someone weaponizes some uranium.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
But the glory of clubbing with Iced Tea is the glory of hitting bitches with Tall Boys....then it's on. Great episode, was waiting for something like this to come up ever since the podcast where Icing commenced.

Query: How long did your icing each other actually last?

Fappy

\[T]/
May 1, 2020
Country
United States
Started off a bit slow, but the pay off was good. I'm still laughing at, "Come at me bro!" XP

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
UK
First thing I got to give you a thumbs up for the 8 bits remix of Groovejet (If This Ain't Love) from Spiller (I can't believe I forgot about that awesome dance song).
Second I laugh so at the end and the bros puns. Oh if you pay me enough I would gladly sort out those cards for you.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
Awesome vid. Damn, that's a lot of Magic cards.

So much...annoyingness in so many stacks.

Anyways, I'll have to Club my friends!

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Alex gets a cookie for the soda bandoleer. That was zany mhm.

Also, crap. Now I have to watch that Jake and Amir episode again. Kudos, guys!

VyperX

Jul 14, 2009
So cool to see this (proto-)meme finally show up in cH.
I wonder, what was the highest amount of counter-clubbing you guys actually reached?

LeeshaJoy

Jun 22, 2009
Y'know, for a bunch of ubernerds you guys are remarkably well-versed in frat culture...

OldRat

Dec 9, 2009
Oh goodness gracious me, that last bit cracked me up so utterly, horribly completely.

COME AT ME BRO!

Infesord

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah that was great, although I also don't get the bros Icing bros thing either. Personally I love Smirnoff Ice's so I wouldn't have a problem with it at all, Kinda like how when i get Rick Rolled I don't care cause I love that song... lets just hope Friday by Rebecca Black doesn't become the new "rick roll" cause that would definitely be much more effective.

Once again, Awesome show :D

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
One of the best LRR's in a while! Bros Twisting Bros... Yeah, LOL'ed hard at that! Also the can in the bread was an awesome idea.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Reminds me of Paul during the Nerf Gun Wars.

Also, Alex saying Can you step it, and then come at me bro, is going to haunt my dreams. that was creepy. XD

bor3ds0ul

Apr 8, 2008
LRR, I can see you're now shooting with a HDDSLR, but USE A TRIPOD. Makes the video much better. And focus the camera properly. Love the better quality though

SpcyhknBC

Aug 24, 2009
Awesome take on icing guys, though I have to admit, I wouldn't mind this too much. I'd just start carrying around some scotch everywhere I went. Scotch and Soda anyone?

GuiltBlade

Nov 6, 2009
Oh dear god's above and below.
The return of the hustle one of the funniest desert bus moments in all history.

You all deserve a round of drinks, preferably of a more enjoyable nature.

siddif

Aug 11, 2009
Awesome stuff guys, really considering doing something like this with my friends but I know it will end badly...

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
Gentleman_Reptile said:
Why is LRR not a regular sitcom on all major networks by now?
Your guess is as good as mine friend. Although if it were on major networks, I would definitely watch it with all of my heart. Hell, the first season of cH had episodes with a run time of 17 to 22 minutes, so slightly longer and I could see this being on television. It would be cool. Dare to dream.

Vantar

May 27, 2010
Love the show, but your Magic card sorting info is wrong. Homelands only has 2 variant artworks for each common, not 3. In fact there has never been a a set with exactly 3 variant common arts, Alliances also had 2 and Fallen Empires had 4.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
I know it could only have been a one-off joke, but I was really hoping Paul or somebody else would misunderstand the game and smack a bro with a literal club. Still a pretty good concept with a good execution.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
I.. Honestly don't have any words. What words I do have are turned into a jumbled mess due to the sheer hilarity of what I just witnessed.

Now, I likes me some commodoreHustle, but it just continues to get better and better! I agree with Gentleman_Reptile. Why aren't you guys on internationally broadcast TV? I hear CBS has a vacant timeslot..

Zhukov said:
The hell?!

Is this some kind of weird Canadian thing?
Four words, friend. Desert. Bus. For. Hope. Also, no, it isn't just Canadian! I'm kinda surprised people haven't heard of this..

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Zhukov said:
The hell?!

Is this some kind of weird Canadian thing?
Nope. There was this ad campaign in America involving the same thing a while back. I don't remember how long it lasted because I thought it was insanely stupid to be pranking each other to drink alcohol(and copious amounts of it at the end of it). Almost as stupid as the alcoholic energy drinks.

Echo136 said:
I cant get the video to play. It just shows a black screen.
Same Here :\

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
bor3ds0ul said:
LRR, I can see you're now shooting with a HDDSLR, but USE A TRIPOD. Makes the video much better. And focus the camera properly. Love the better quality though
It's a new lens, and we're still working out the quirks, I guess.

I see the focus issues too, but it would have been far too late to fix by the time it was identified in post.

-m

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
bor3ds0ul said:
...Really? The camera is focused. I actually quite like the kinda shaky effect, it shouldn't have to be PERFECTLY steady. It's supposed to be all realism, maaaaan.. Like we're.. Y'know.. Totally in that world with them. Duuuuude. We have fingers but you never see them fing! Oh wait, there they go.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Best bit was easily Alex pulling out his soda bandoleer and saying "COME AT ME BRO!"

PoorCollegeLad

Feb 23, 2010
Glad it's not just me that gets the black screen, but I was able to watch it a little earlier and while the episode itself was fantastic, the focusing and shaky-cam should definitely be remedied in the future.

I watched during Desert Bus and saw most of the clubbing happen, but I didn't know Alex had strapped all those club sodas to him back then! Awesome how I'm still finding out things that I missed in November, even though I had it on as background noise basically 24/7 (thank you free internet).

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
>7:33 run time
Maybe...
>LoadingReadyRun Site
MAYBE!...
>Tune starts playing
FUCK YES, NEW CHUSTLE.

Loved it being Graham, Alex and Jer centric, definitely made it a very 'catering' episode for me.

And that 'Come At Me Bro!' was pretty much fucking priceless. Alex really has been fitting in quite awesomely as official crew, let's hope he's not going anywhere anytime soon. 8D

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
I hoped someone would take it literally at some point and someone would get clubbed in the head, not because I want you guys to get hurt, just because it would be funny to see you get hurt.

The bread was by far the best.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Loved it back during desert bus and it is still great.

I was also getting the black screen for a while, but eventually it did start playing

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Commodore Hustle!!!! Yay!!!!
Fun episode, though it took me a few to get into it. Jeremy looks positively devious the entire time. Well, right up until he got totally pwned. ^_^

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
the most genuinely funny episode for awhile.

And nice to see more MTG love.

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
Is club soda the same stuff we wonks over here call "mineral water"? Cos if it is.. I don't get the hate. Yummy stuff, though I'm not drinking it when I'm away from home - too expensive.

The opening exchange was my favorite part. I never said "what?" as often in a hustle episode though... hum.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
Slightly confusing episode, I dont quite get the whole idea of, you know, making someone drink something.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Glad to see more of these 'in the LRR house' style videos. I find these the funniest of the series (including the Card, Christmas and Nerf episodes) and truly believe a whole series could be made around this setting alone.
Not that I don't love me some variety~

Did notice the shaky cam, but comparing this to filmography in multi-million dollar blockbusters, it still wins out over many (Yes I am looking at you Mr. Bay.)

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
That...was very, VERY good, I always enjoyz me some Hustle. Never heard of the whole bros icing bros thing before, but it does sound very silly...

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
We had Bill's Daddy's Got You...

We had Paul's Dartageddon...

We had Kathleen's Angry Kitties...

And now we have Alex's club soda suit.

LRR.... cH... you guys, continue being epic-awesome. ^_^

Also this:
"Place looks different." "We moved." "When?" "3 weeks ago." "Hmm..."

AAVI

Oct 7, 2010
Yeahh, I think I'm going to start this with my roommates...definitly a safer and more legal competition for college dorms...a lot more so than airsoft pistol skirmishes...

Awesome video!

fierydemise

Mar 14, 2008
The Gentleman said:
Escalation is always a bad idea but its no fun otherwise.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
LOL "Bros Twisting Bros" ...no

COME AT ME BRO
which reminds me, I used "cool story, bro" in a perfect situation today

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Holy mother-fuck how many Magic cards?!

I'll take any un/commons currently standard (Zendikar/M11/Scars)!

EDIT: Just to point out, I am joking there, but if anyone has 2 Naturalizes I'd be grateful, one guy at FNM keeps playing Quest for Ula's Temple [http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=198401] with Stormtide Leviathan [http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=205029] and it's really fucking annoying

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
I called the "You son of a *****".

Just because that's exactly the sort of thing I would have (and indeed have) done in a similar situation.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
i never really understood the bros icing bros concept.. i mean in norway a smirnof ie is pretty exspensive (you can get nearly a l bear for 1 : p cheap beer, but still better than smirnoff ice) anyways so i'm suposed to give my friend alcohol for free? seems like a bad idea. : p wouldn't mind getting free alcohol though.

Anyways.. awesome episode! :D

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
For a second, I thought you guys were gonna reenact that scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

"I don't want the drink!"
"Yes you do!"
"I don't!"
"You do!"
"I don't!"
"You don't!"
"I do!"

bojac6

Oct 15, 2009
Fightgarr said:
-Samurai- said:
I knew it!

Good ole' Desert Bus.
I thought I remembered witnessing that on Desert Bus 4. Great moments.
I must have missed this bit, what happened? Were they actually "clubbing" each other?

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
bojac6 said:
I must have missed this bit, what happened? Were they actually "clubbing" each other?
Yes. Jer clubbed Alex a couple of times over the course of Desert Bus, this was sort of the climax of that particular story arc.

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
Ah, this was brilliant, reminds me of how awesome it was on Desert bus. I'd do it over here in England but I can't think of the equivalent horrible drink.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
HaraDaya said:
Should've tried a can of that junk while I was in the Americas.
Why? Why would you want to do that to yourself?

On the video: XD. One of the funniest I've seen in a long time.

Myrph

Proud owner of a Jamtroller
Oct 27, 2009
As soon as I realised what this was, I was waiting for the can in a cup of starbucks club classic from DB and there it was, delivered as promised! Seriously genius!

Can see this being less funny if you weren't following during Desert Bus (seriously, club soda bandoleer actually happening was a million times more insane than it was in this), but a great episode either way!

nitemarez

Sep 21, 2009
"COME ON AT ME BRO,
COME ON AT ME BRO,
I'M A HEDGEHOG YO,
COME ON AT ME BRO!"

Anyone else thing of that Mr.Weebl song when they heard that line?

ANeM

Aug 19, 2007
The Gentleman said:
Perhaps, but those videos were Matt/James and Morgan/Bill respectively. Maybe they have individually agreed that escalation was bad. However LRR still has a few more cast members to escalate!

I'm holding out for escalation of the Paul/Kathleen robot/cat battle. It is not over until we have giant mechs vs genetically modified lions.

insanelich

Reportable Offender
Sep 3, 2008
bojac6 said:
Fightgarr said:
-Samurai- said:
I knew it!

Good ole' Desert Bus.
I thought I remembered witnessing that on Desert Bus 4. Great moments.
They were clubbing each other, and the soda bandoleer is an actual counter Alex used. That's why the conclusion of the video was pretty clear for those of us who watched 20+ hours of Desert Bus.

EDIT: Table breaking.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Mydnyght said:
We had Bill's Daddy's Got You...

We had Paul's Dartageddon...

We had Kathleen's Angry Kitties...

And now we have Alex's club soda suit.

LRR.... cH... you guys, continue being epic-awesome. ^_^

Also this:
"Place looks different." "We moved." "When?" "3 weeks ago." "Hmm..."
Well, I guess I'm the only one that still has the Angry Kitties.

Good work guys, that was pretty damn funny.

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
Glad you guys liked our ingenious club soda delivery devices. The can in the loaf of bread was my idea - I very carefully cut out the bottom of the bread and then sealed it back in.

silv

Nov 21, 2009
I wish my friends and I would do this. Club soda is my favourite drink and I'd love to get free drinks all the time.

This was a great episode, I really liked the white-board notes. BTW, anyone else listen to their podcast on March the 16th and hear them say it would be a while before another CH came out?

Well player LRR, Well played.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Lady Kathleen said:
Glad you guys liked our ingenious club soda delivery devices. The can in the loaf of bread was my idea - I very carefully cut out the bottom of the bread and then sealed it back in.
Haha, I was WONDERING how that was done.
Seriously, when I watched the video I thought to myself, "did they really bake a loaf with a can inside it?" which was of course struck down by the realisation that the oven may...well... explode. Still, very good.

Wish I had seen that part of Desert Bus, the 'come at me bro' picture with the club soda vest looks fantastic. All the more reason for me to watch next time I suppose~
(If LRR can stomach it again)

silv

Nov 21, 2009
Lady Kathleen said:
When I saw it I thought you guys had actually baked a can of club soda into a loaf of bread for a second. But it looked great! You couldn't tell that there was any incision in the bread. I thought the side of the bread that was facing away from the camera was cut off and that's how you got the can inside the loaf though.
Awesome visual :D

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
That was frigging hilarious! I especially liked the reaction to "playing Bros twisting bros." ::Sliding back six inches.::

Oculat Laroche is in the house!

silv

Nov 21, 2009
Is it just me or have there been quite a few memetic lines in recent LRR and Particularly CH episodes?

Doc Incognito

Currently AFK
Nov 17, 2009
Am I one of the only people here who doesn't mind club soda?

I mean, I would never be able to bring myself to drinking a bandoleer of it, but I do drink it by choice sometimes.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
The Gentleman said:
You really think this group would learn their lesson about agreed escalation? D:

This is one of the very few times I'm glad I really don't have any friends so I don't have to worry about this kind of crap happening to me.

Eikoandmog

Summoner and Pal
May 7, 2008
Jbird said:
For a second, I thought you guys were gonna reenact that scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

"I don't want the drink!"
"Yes you do!"
"I don't!"
"You do!"
"I don't!"
"You don't!"
"I do!"
That's the classic Daffy Duck. Works in real life too, sometimes.

AWDMANOUT

Jan 4, 2010
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldneuoyrTK1qcqorzo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1300832295&Signature=vZY8tsz6BmpXp4SW5s8%2BFniDWlQ%3D
And I honestly don't think anyone likes club soda.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
Pretty good episode, but were any of these shots actually done with a tripod? I saw a lot of shaking that was tell-tale signs of handheld. Either that or you did have a tripod, but it was loose while being death-gripped by the operator.

Taynas

May 20, 2010
Excellent episode, a slow build of giggles leading to a massive fall on the floor laughfest. LRR is normally the best part of my Monday but since its commodoreHustle, you guys might have just made my whole week instead.

GideonB

Jul 26, 2008
Taynas said:
Excellent episode, a slow build of giggles leading to a massive fall on the floor laughfest. LRR is normally the best part of my Monday but since its commodoreHustle, you guys might have just made my whole week instead.
True this. Ever since Secret Santa, I didn't think that you guys would make an episode of cH that'd make me laugh so much :p

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
So glad I'm not a bro...

Although the ICE thing isn't that bad, really. It's just a fruity beer (5% alcohol).Club soda, on the other hand makes me physically ill.

My best friend growing up was a hardcore Mormon, so they didn't drink any soda. The alternative was club soda, which they stocked up on like it was the fucking Armageddon. Being over at his house so much, I would drink tons of it because there was literally nothing else to drink at his house. No milk, no juice, just club soda and tap.

Eventually I drank so much of the stuff that it made me physically ill, to the point where I can't even smell the stuff without feeling nauseous. It was at that point in my life where I learned to appreciate the taste of hose water.

LimeJester

Mar 16, 2009
Hahaha, I am so glad you guys turned this into a sketch. It was hilarious during DB4H and it's even better now.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Oh man, I love that someone else plays a variation of this game.

We played it as being "Trophied" and it was who ever found a little porcelain figurine became "it" and then had to hide it in the apartment to trick someone else into finding it. I also hit it in the toilet, only I was kind enough to duct tape it to the underside of the lid instead of chilling in the toilet water.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Damn this was funny. ^^

Am I the only one who thinks LRR should just do their Commodore Hustle series? I enjoy it a lot more than their other sketches. A sketch show about a sketch troupe making sketches! What's not to love?

theguiltyone

Jan 6, 2010
Ahaha, wonderful ending. I almost wish we had a game like that here, but we don't.

...at least I don't think we do.

o_o

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
laughed my ass off when i saw alex pull out those cans lol, not the best one but still a great commodore

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
Alex is fucking brilliant in this. I haven't laughed harder all night, and I've spent it watching Top Gear. Keep the Commodore Hustle coming its always been my favorite.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
I really like the camera work and audio in this! Good job!

You might want to focus your lighting more, with kick lights and background lights to bring out the actors.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Excellent take on the practice of icing. I am really curious though - how exactly did they get a can of club soda in a loaf of bread like that?

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Excellent. You should just do an episode of Hustle a week. This series is dynamite.
Come at me, bro.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
I like to imagine that this is how they actually spend their day at Escapist HQ. Don't kill my dream bro.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
mew4ever23 said:
Excellent take on the practice of icing. I am really curious though - how exactly did they get a can of club soda in a loaf of bread like that?
Two options: They cooked the can into the bread. Not that hard if you have a bread maker. The only risk would be Club Soda leaking everywhere. Or they cut the bread already, scooped out the middle, and placed the can in. Seeing as how perfectly the can fit into the hole I would say it gives credence to the former.

Sandytimeman said:
I like to imagine that this is how they actually spend their day at Escapist HQ. Don't kill my dream bro.
The LRR Crew

A. is in Canada while I think the escapist office is in California(I think)
2. has their own office. They call it the Moon Base.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
I have thoughts, they are in my head and involve stating just how much I loved this video.
But I'm so tired that English denies me its words.

You'll just have to trust I knew what I was thinking and understand how awesome this video is.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
crudus said:
mew4ever23 said:
Two options: They cooked the can into the bread. Not that hard if you have a bread maker. The only risk would be Club Soda leaking everywhere. Or they cut the bread already, scooped out the middle, and placed the can in. Seeing as how perfectly the can fit into the hole I would say it gives credence to the former.

Sandytimeman said:
The LRR Crew

LRR is based in Canada. Vancouver, if I remember correctly.
And the Escapist is based in North Carolina. Raleigh-Durham, if memory serves.

Jigokunokijin

Dr. Aimbot McWallhack
Apr 14, 2009
I can't really begin to describe how much I love the work you guys do and how they make Mondays great.

Failhammer

Dec 30, 2008
'Clubing' was one my favourite parts of Desert Bus. As soon as Alex came in with the jacket, I knew what was coming. I remember the coffee cup one from Desert Bus. Wasn't it Matt who was the victim?

Fumofu

Nov 11, 2010
Great video, although I felt that it didn't have to be a Commodore Hustle. Graham, Jer, and Alex were the only real characters in this one and if you took out the Magic sorting bit and changed the names then I probably wouldn't even had known. I also felt that the Magic sorting scene was counter productive to Alex's character because your cH selves are supposed to be over-exaggerated versions of your actual selves. Just some constructive criticism.

PH3NOmenon

Oct 23, 2009
I thoroughly loved this episode.

It's sort of a shame though, that your acting skills vary so wildly between you guys. But I still love you anyways <3

TheDandyHighwayman

Nov 18, 2009
why wasn't anybody hit with a club... that's false advertising isn't it... somehow... I just wanted to see someone hit with a club

Trisha Lynn

Jan 13, 2010
My co-editor and I were about to record a podcast at my office and I asked her if she wanted anything to drink, listing the choices. She said, "Surprise me," and so when I went to the break room, I saw that in addition to the Cokes, Diet Cokes, Diet Dr. Peppers, etc., we also had club soda.

And since both of us watched Desert Bus last November... well, you know I had to do it, so I clubbed her.

But ya know, "Sisters Clubbing Sisters" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
crudus said:
Sandytimeman said:
The LRR Crew

A. Your killing my dream like a sailor and a baby seal
2. Aww good name.
III. But if its named that they need jump suits.

Primus1985

Dec 24, 2009
K4RN4GE911 said:
As soon as I saw the 7:33 run time, I instantly knew that we would be treated to the glory of Commodore Husstle.

And seriously, WTF is up with the whole bros icing bros thing? A friend of mine actually did that to me recently, even though I wouldn't touch alcohol with a ten foot pole. I almost had the desire to smash the bottle and shank him in the face.

However, even though I hate it, I immensely enjoyed your guy's take with bros clubing bros. I also hate club soda, and seeing the stinger made me almost fall out of my chair. All hail the LRR crew for their awesomeness!!
OMG, a collage friend of mine used to say their frat used to do the whole club soda bit. XD

Funny story: I visted the frat and they pulled that on me, specfically the frat headmaster(or whatever silly title he had :p). However knowing they liked to do this I put a huge bottle in my backpack for just such an occasion. I liked to died laughing when I saw the look on his face when I pulled out that huge bottle.

Suffice to say, they no longer pull that prank ^_^

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
Sandytimeman said:
crudus said:
Sandytimeman said:
The LRR Crew

A. Your killing my dream like a sailor and a baby seal
2. Aww good name.
III. But if its named that they need jump suits.
The full name is the Underground Orbiting Moon Base. Meaning they live in the same place that all the "A Journey to the Center of the Earth" ripoff take place. There's a map on their website... if you manage to find it.

Tally LRR

Oct 21, 2009
AWDMANOUT said:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldneuoyrTK1qcqorzo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1300832295&Signature=vZY8tsz6BmpXp4SW5s8%2BFniDWlQ%3D
And I honestly don't think anyone likes club soda.
Honest though you may be, you are incorrect on this count. Several of us actually enjoy it.

ihorner

Purveyor of Quantified Bullshit
Oct 8, 2009
Failhammer said:
'Clubing' was one my favourite parts of Desert Bus. As soon as Alex came in with the jacket, I knew what was coming. I remember the coffee cup one from Desert Bus. Wasn't it Matt who was the victim?
As the one who constructed the original cup, I believe Matt was a secondary target. I think Alex was the primary.

I spent 20 minutes in the moonbase bathroom during desert bus, secretly constructing the breakaway cup in such a way that it would work but not be noticed. I'm SO glad that LRR finally put together this video.

FireFlower18

G33k <3 Counselor
Jan 10, 2010
My friends and I do the the same thing with Carmelldansen. We counter with Ringtones and remixes.

Ancient Eredus

Dec 28, 2009
Excelent video, if a little slower and sleepy than most. The ending was so-so, if only because the reaction where underplayed and overplayed a little too much.

I most say, that pile of cards is one of the most awesome/sweet visage I had see in my life. In here a single pack can cost over 30 dollars, a deck in $300 and the Giant pack (as its called here) can go to $600 easily (comparatively I mean, not the actually monetary convertion) so it can be a very expensive hobby. I had to let the hobby years ago for the same thing.

How do you managed to get so "many" cards? There most be like over 4,000 of them in that table alone.

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
You want a repulsive drink? Malta Goya. Mexican Malt Soda. I don't think it's meant to be used by itself. Initially, you think you can tolerate drinking it alone, but the horror creeps up on you until it fills you with dread.

But... It's very nice, in sparing amounts, in milkshakes.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
1.) Club Soda tastes real bad. NASTY. If I wanted something carbonated, I'd get something like a Pepsi.

2.) Bros icing bros? People still do that? I was still in college when I first saw that in a Cracked article/

3.) Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop posters...

4.) All those cards are giving me the shakes. Kinda makes me wanna get back to Magic. I also organized cards when I was a kid. That was only a shoebox's worth of cards and it took me an afternoon.

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
To clarify some items:

1. Bread was carefully hollowed out by myself through the bottom. I am sneaky!
2. The Moonbase is in Victoria, BC.
3. Ian Horner is a brilliant man.
4. I like club soda!
5. The pile of old cards were donations from people who no longer played - we personally don't have that much money either!
6. Ghost in the Shell & Cowboy Bebop wall scrolls are mine, from high school. I had them up in my apartment right until I graduated from university. Yup, I'm a nerd.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
"Why do you have that?"
"Oh, I carry it around to ward off wandering drunks."
"...Wouldn't that just attract them??"
(realisation dawns) "Maybe that's why they keep bothering me!!"

InevitableFate said:
Sophie Ellis Bexter remix?
Thank you! I was wondering why that 8 bit sounded so familiar... How did you guys do that?

Absolutely loved that it was Commodore Hustle, I really should have guessed as much at the long run time! Made my day.

Come at me, bro! cracked me up- Alex is fantastic. "All of my hate!!"

Banana Cannon

Jun 15, 2010
The amount of cards... I'm only new to the game, that's too traumatic a collection for a newbie to overcome with their own deck!!!

b1u3too

Jul 14, 2009
Great, now I have to hit up the grocery store and club all of my boyfriend's roomies.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
Just a note, I like club soda. It is the most flexible carbonated beverage.

AC Drawings

Dec 22, 2010
God, I loved this video. Though the extended cold open had confused me a bit and ti took me a while for me to realize it was a cHUSTLE vid, but I'm always glad to see cHUSTLE.

But good job as always.

Also, was anybody else thinking Jer was making a troll face throughout the video?

[http://img560.imageshack.us/i/lrrtroll.png/]

Just sayin'.

SPARTANXIII

Nov 24, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
First thing I got to give you a thumbs up for the 8 bits remix of Groovejet (If This Ain't Love) from Spiller (I can't believe I forgot about that awesome dance song).
Second I laugh so at the end and the bros puns. Oh if you pay me enough I would gladly sort out those cards for you.
Oh my GOD. I thought that it was that song, I just couldn't remember its name.

Man, 2000 was a great year to be 5, then 6 going on 7, in the UK.

SPARTANXIII

Nov 24, 2009
Lady Kathleen said:
To clarify some items:

1. Bread was carefully hollowed out by myself through the bottom. I am sneaky!
2. The Moonbase is in Victoria, BC.
3. Ian Horner is a brilliant man.
4. I like club soda!
5. The pile of old cards were donations from people who no longer played - we personally don't have that much money either!
6. Ghost in the Shell & Cowboy Bebop wall scrolls are mine, from high school. I had them up in my apartment right until I graduated from university. Yup, I'm a nerd.
1. For a second I was amused, then I thought "........Magnets". Can't remember why?!
2. I remember from Desert Bus. (And the spell check thought I said "Dessert Bus"
3. He is
4. Never tried it :(
5. I thought you had a fair amount but the amount there was excessive
6. Ain't nothing wrong with Bebop and G[BLAM]S.
What the?
G[BLAM]S
G. [BL]. [AM]. S.
[BLAM] it all.

Failhammer

Dec 30, 2008
ihorner said:
Failhammer said:
As the one who constructed the original cup, I believe Matt was a secondary target. I think Alex was the primary.

I spent 20 minutes in the moonbase bathroom during desert bus, secretly constructing the breakaway cup in such a way that it would work but not be noticed. I'm SO glad that LRR finally put together this video.
20 minutes well spent. I think the one I saw was Kathleen setting up Matt after someone got her or Alex with it.

Arizona Kyle

Aug 25, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
"Come at me bro"-Alex

this episode was awesome. I can imagine all the guys in college are going to this prank on each other.
Quote of the day right there

Arizona Kyle

Aug 25, 2010
The Gentleman said:
They don't learn lol also ALEX FTW

Switchlurk

Jul 10, 2009
Oh lawd, Commadore Hustle + Desert bus reference? You do us to much kindness good sirs and madam.

jas11262009

Feb 10, 2009
An okay show I guess. My only gripe is that the jokes are so drawn out that they begin to become annoying. That cursing one for example was far too long and the shorter guy was terrible at acting his role. Body movement, strained voice, rigid responses all point to poor skills. No offense but it's painfully obvious. I watched a few more videos and it's pretty much the same. Became bored around the second video and three more later I just gave up. A couple of laughs, thanks.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
This was actually the first episode that made me properly laugh, not just chuckle. :D Fantastic work!

LogieBear

Mar 19, 2010
Anyone else notice Madonna music in backround? XD
Awesome vid guys! and damn that was alot of magic cards!

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Can you guys send Jeremy to my house? I have about 3000 cards I need to sort. Currently most of them are piled on a table. I only have two fat packs, and they only came with 6 dividers each. I need some of those white cardboard boxes, too... I can never find them. Send some with Jer.

TheMadPunter

Helium Voice
Nov 2, 2010
Matt_LRR said:
bor3ds0ul said:
It's a new lens, and we're still working out the quirks, I guess.

I see the focus issues too, but it would have been far too late to fix by the time it was identified in post.

-m
Yeah, that's the worst. Sometimes you catch it but just can't do anything about it.

What model lens is it? Is it also Canon or a different company?

Manual focus is almost always the way to go; in my experience, auto focus tends to be too twitchy and unreliable.

As for the shaky shots, you might want to consider a type of steadicam rig. You could build a simple one yourselves for not that much money, and it would allow you to get that handheld look without it being too jittery. DSLRs are especially susceptible to jitter; since they're not designed primarily as video cameras, the body is difficult to hold completely steady with just your hands.

BubbaBrown said:
You want a repulsive drink? Malta Goya. Mexican Malt Soda. I don't think it's meant to be used by itself. Initially, you think you can tolerate drinking it alone, but the horror creeps up on you until it fills you with dread.

But... It's very nice, in sparing amounts, in milkshakes.
Yup, that shit's nasty. At university, my friend Paul was the bartender in our house, and he had a case of the stuff for some reason. Of course he wanted to get rid of it, so he actually PAID people a dollar a bottle to drink it. I mean, sure it's gross, but that's no reason for it to go to waste; the entertainment value made it totally worth it.

Skarlette

May 17, 2010
It's been a couple weeks now, and yet this is still by far my favourite LRR video. It just never stops being funny. I seriously want to do this to my friends. Ace.

Snowsongwolf

Dec 8, 2010
So, now instead of being sent magic cards by fans, you'll be sent club soda by fans? Quick, find a reason to get people to send grenadine!