LoadingReadyRun: Canadian Girlfriend

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
MowDownJoe said:
Mydnyght said:
By the way, I feel so out of the loop for not even know Google Plus exists.
Well, it did only launch last week [http://www.reddit.com/tb/ibkrw]. Was huge news in the tech blogosphere, though. And if the LRR crew actually did get Google+ invites, I am super insanely jealous.
Ha ha.

TheLazyGeek

Nov 7, 2009
Fantastic episode. I had a smile the whole way through.

Also, I too, have Google Plus. Everyone be super jealous of me for 5 minutes.

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
Before I was my fiancé's fiancée or his French girlfriend, I was his Canadian girlfriend, so I was drawn to that video, and I wasn't disappointed. It's pretty funny, and I liked the digressions about the mom or Google+.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
its so wonderful that LRR can mention that 3rd world country like state that is Alaska.

anyway, i thought this was rather funny. As somoene who usually gets accused of having a Canadian Girlfriend (though at one point I did have a real giirlfriend from canada) just cause most of my gfs live in larger cities away from Pittsburgh but still in PA, I thought this was rrather funny.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
oh no
why did you have to make graham to the most unbearable lame guy in the universe
i really don't see the problem in this

why not just tell your people that you only did this for your mom?
i mean what can people relate more to? having a girlfriend at all times or having overbearing parents...
jeez

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
When I was looking at the title I kept thinking, "wait aren't you guys already in Canada?" and then when you got to that part it finally made sense. Anywho, funny skit guys, that was really good dialogue.

P.S. Sorry about the "bacon" thing.

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
Nice! I remember some of you guys talking about 'Canadian girlfriends' in some podcast not too long ago because someone had asked what the Canadian equivalent would be and some of y'all had never heard of the term but decided that it'd probably be Alaska. Did this just spring fully formed from that podcast?

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
i am american
i actually do have a canadian girlfriend
and now it feels like a lie...

but i know it is not a lie...

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Hmm, I know of a couple American guys who came up here to marry their Canadian girlfriends, but I seem to know more American girls who came up here to marry their Canadian boyfriends. Or girlfriends.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Alexander Cunningham said:
I also have an alaskin girlfriend *shifts eyes*
I have a Canadian girlfriend myself good man. *looks around* And you can't prove it either way!

I think Alaskans just say their girlfriends are in the lower states or in Hawaii.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Good stuff. Although I laughed hardest at the very end when the headphones weren't plugged in. I guess I'm weird, oh well.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Was watching after the episode and suddenly... I HAVE THOSE HEADPHONES TOO!!!

Ok now I have that out of my system, loved the episode, too funny!, wonder if I could get away with that in England... say I have a Welsh girlfriend or something... I must test this, for science!

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
OK, the important bit - can I have a google + invite? Please?
I may even make cookies and fly out to Canada in exchange for one!

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Aw man, I want Google+ :(
Graham, nice shirt, a little cross Escapist promo? Also, I have the same kind of headphones!
Was disappointed that is wasn't commodore hustle, but nice anyway.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Man, I was laughing all the way through this, great job guys. I like seeing these little two person sketches, with guys arguing impotently about trivial problems.