LoadingReadyRun: Crime Pays

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
I am very much looking foward to Loading Time on this(if there is one).
(Noooo, not 2924!!! *sob* *sob*)
I've heard of ATM scams before, so if this kind of scam ever happens,I'm blaming you guys ;)

Rogjah

Dec 5, 2012
This is what happens when you put a TD bank card in a Scotiabank machine. I don't even want to know what the RBC machines do. I guess they probably outsource the mugging job to foreign workers.

road_to_dawn

Aug 18, 2009
Gregg Johnson said:
You know, I tried to watch a bunch of old videos on the LRR site, and it looks like a bunch of them are down. Not even Season 1. Loading Ready Rumble, Rejected "Get A Mac" Ads, Serious Cravings, and a few others.

Any word on those from the LRR crew?
Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong on the details, but as far as I can gather, that happened when the site they used to host videos on (revver?) went under. If you check the LRR Wiki [http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/Video_availability], you can find out if any of the videos you're looking for have been reuploaded to their YouTube and/or Blip. I think they're slowly moving away from the Blip page, but there is still a ton of stuff there.

Gregg Johnson

Jul 25, 2012
road_to_dawn said:
Gregg Johnson said:
You know, I tried to watch a bunch of old videos on the LRR site, and it looks like a bunch of them are down. Not even Season 1. Loading Ready Rumble, Rejected "Get A Mac" Ads, Serious Cravings, and a few others.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong on the details, but as far as I can gather, that happened when the site they used to host videos on (revver?) went under. If you check the LRR Wiki [http://wiki.loadingreadyrun.com/Video_availability], you can find out if any of the videos you're looking for have been reuploaded to their YouTube and/or Blip. I think they're slowly moving away from the Blip page, but there is still a ton of stuff there.
Actually, most of the Wiki links directly to LRR's official page. It's a shame, because all of the comments and descriptions are still intact, but the video feed just sits there blank.

Magnax

Nov 19, 2009
The smoke around the ATM card at the end was a nice touch. I'm guessing Jer was holding a match behind it?

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
The stinger at the end, priceless and of course once again James is the cop // It's also nice to see Jer back

Great video guys, the premise was simple but entertaining altho I''m not sure how the cops show up inside the ATM but then again I'm trying to put logic onto a video that had an ATM try to rob people // Altho if it was smart it would have just copied his card number and pin and then stolen all his monies

-M

road_to_dawn

Aug 18, 2009
Gregg Johnson said:
road_to_dawn said:
Gregg Johnson said:

Actually, most of the Wiki links directly to LRR's official page. It's a shame, because all of the comments and descriptions are still intact, but the video feed just sits there blank.
Yes, but the Video Availability page that I linked earlier has links to the LRR page, YouTube, Blip, the Escapist, and PATV for the videos listed. (In the cases when such a link is available, that is.) I found "Rejected 'Get a Mac' Ads" on YT, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCA9xi2Um84 but it hasn't been embedded to the main site yet. Unless what you're talking about is that fact that many reuploads haven't been added to the main site yet, in which case, I apologize for misunderstanding.

That said, I agree about it being a shame. I recently tried to watch through "The Whatever Thing" and "Phailhaüs", but chunks of episodes were missing from both. It sucks, but they're busy and I get why it's one of those things that gets pushed back.

ETA: Stupid coding. Sorry, about that.

Gregg Johnson

Jul 25, 2012
road_to_dawn said:
Yes, but the Video Availability page that I linked earlier has links to the LRR page, YouTube, Blip, the Escapist, and PATV for the videos listed. (In the cases when such a link is available, that is.) I found "Rejected 'Get a Mac' Ads" on YT, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCA9xi2Um84 but it hasn't been embedded to the main site yet. Unless what you're talking about is that fact that many reuploads haven't been added to the main site yet, in which case, I apologize for misunderstanding.

That said, I agree about it being a shame. I recently tried to watch through "The Whatever Thing" and "Phailhaüs", but chunks of episodes were missing from both. It sucks, but they're busy and I get why it's one of those things that gets pushed back.

ETA: Stupid coding. Sorry, about that.
Oh, I thought your link was just to the Wiki homepage, I didn't know you actually linked to a page with live links to the videos. Thanks for that! I have a lot on my backlog to catch up with. :)

Breywood

Jun 22, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
I'm betting it's not a real card. I mean, first off, it says "Canada Trust." Everybody knows they don't have ATMs in Canada.
You're on a roll today, Zach. I wonder how many people were fooled. I think, though that Canada did a lot of development and managed to get them rolled out in larger scale by the time the US came around to accepting them. It might have been better that way anyway, because that means that Canada did all the debugging. :)

AlexanderPeregrine said:
I hope that card's account isn't active or it's a sample because showing its number on screen was probably not a good idea.
The common process is to invalidate/deactivate the card and issue a new one, the account will only change if its owner specifically asks for it. After all, you still need the card's PIN to access the account, and some ID or specific knowledge of the account's personal info if the card was damaged, lost or stolen.

Captcha: thank you, come again.

Ironic.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
AlexanderPeregrine said:
I hope that card's account isn't active or it's a sample because showing its number on screen was probably not a good idea.
tehweave said:
Gonna have to back this guy on this one... Maybe not the best idea.
Don't worry, we're not stupid, it's an inactive card.

Also, not sure what you could even do with a TD bank card number. But regardless, it's dead anyway.
Yay! Filmmakers being smart!

In all seriousness, I've had friends make short films before and easily overlook little details like that, so whenever I'm on a set, I'm usually very nit-picky about the details.

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
Oh I'd love to see the face of the guy reviewing camera logs of that ATM after the shoot thinking "who the hell are these people" :)