LoadingReadyRun: Female Characters

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Female Characters

Look, making games is harder that you think, okay?

Watch Video

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
I'm glad that as a Bear Farmalock, I'll finally gain representation in a game. Also Salmon.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Oh god, gender politics in gaming! Duck and cover people this is not a drill! get to your flame bunkers!

OK, seriously I hope this comment section doesn't devolve into the usual arguments. There are plenty of threads made specifically about the topic that we don't have to turn the comments section of a comedy video into another one.

infinity_turtles

Apr 17, 2010
As someone who enjoys pet classes, the mention of a Summoner class made me sad. Good pet classes are so rare.

Sould1n

Jan 23, 2011
I don't know why, but I was little hesitant on this one... but it thankfully turned out hilarious as always. None of the jokes were what I expected them to be and the whole set up with switching to the game developments made the sketch work ever so well. It was short, but that worked to it's favour allowing the video to deliver each of it's jokes and scenes in smooth, quick succession without dragging it on with further stuff.

Also, I shall totally be playing as a Ghost Bear Farmlock for this completely hypothetical game... although if the Women race have pincers, I may consider playing as a Woman raced, Dinosaur class.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Also, congratulations to Graham and Kathleen who got married on Saturday! :D

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
The Grim Ace said:
I'm glad that as a Bear Farmalock, I'll finally gain representation in a game. Also Salmon.
Sign me up as an Ooze Dinosaur!

The fish joke made me smile, because it almost seems plausible that some developer somewhere has had that conversation.

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
How have they never seen a "woman" before? I mean, it's not like they are endangered or not-existant in real-life.
Also,that book is wrong. "Women" are said to be closely related to felines, not crustaceans.

Off topic: I cannot believe I just read all the youtube comments.

Great sketch as always!

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
For all we know this is exactly what happened at the offices of Ubisoft when making the new Assassin Creed game

Maybe those guys are just not allowed out of the office when making games so they never get to interact with women and have never googled the word boobs before

-M

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
Eric the Orange said:
Oh god, gender politics in gaming! Duck and cover people this is not a drill! get to your flame bunkers!

OK, seriously I hope this comment section doesn't devolve into the usual arguments. There are plenty of threads made specifically about the topic that we don't have to turn the comments section of a comedy video into another one.
Why are you White Knighting, you SJW White Knight? Won't somebody think of the salmon?

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
Trilandian said:
DirgeNovak said:
Fo' reelz? Hot dang! Congrats to the Stark couple!
You know they're just trying to populate the Moonbase with more Starks. Security and all.

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
The fish joke made me smile, because it almost seems plausible that some developer somewhere has had that conversation.
Back when the Xbox 360 came out, I can swear there was at least one developer sincerely hyping their game with talk of individualized blades of grass. The conversations that had to have led to that are at least as amazing as the fish conversations.

teamcharlie

Jan 22, 2013
That?s adorable. And for all those poor devils that can?t afford advocates and have to go for public defenders: do you really want those guys to be the ones animating and writing your video game-women?

I mean, I definitely do. Those women sound awesome.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
The Grim Ace said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Back when the Xbox 360 came out, I can swear there was at least one developer sincerely hyping their game with talk of individualized blades of grass. The conversations that had to have led to that are at least as amazing as the fish conversations.
Yes, that was Molyneux for Fable II.
And lo and behold, it was bullshit.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Are you allowed to show ovi-positors? Surely that would get your game a higher age rating.

I get the feeling the ghost-bear farmalock would be slightly OP.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Aw, now I feel sorry for game dev's PR men who have to answer these kinds of questions. I liked how the fish discussion kept on building and building and it still felt like something that would happen in the real world.
Namechangeday said:
How have they never seen a "woman" before? I mean, it's not like they are endangered or not-existant in real-life.
Also,that book is wrong. "Women" are said to be closely related to felines, not crustaceans.

Great sketch as always!
let me guess: they were typically awful. That's why I usually don't read comments under a YouTube video, the sheer amount of stupid causes my brain to want to eject itself from my skull.
DirgeNovak said:
What They did? Hooray! Cheers to the happy couple!
Now I forget when they announced the wedding.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Namechangeday said:

Great sketch as always!
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/2lb3.jpg/]

Saw this sketch early today. LOVED IT! :D
DirgeNovak said:
Really? :D Well congrats to them!
[http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/sfoyw5f1.gif/]
(it's their cat)

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah, Seems a likely scenario.

I wonder what would happen if "Are women playable?" was asked at every gaming presentation interview?