LoadingReadyRun: Floating Solo

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
So, LRR is siding with those who say the ISS should be sent into deep space after the end of its lifetime, eh?
Dango said:
The joke is that Canadians were chose to be Earth's ambassadors.
Earth's ambassadors to Mars, mind you.

Trisha Lynn

Jan 13, 2010
Kristian Fischer said:
Amazing how many people went with "I CAN SEE TEH STRING LOLOLOLOLOL"... Of course you can see the bloody thing, this isn't ILM. Who cares?
Agreed. I was going to say that I was most surprised that the only string I saw was the one on the juice pouch by Graham's face, but then I also realized that was a bit of an underhanded compliment. I mean, LRR's been slowly ramping up on the sophistication of their effects over the years. Why should I be surprised when their effects are awesome?

Also, did Harris ever mention the other dude's name? I can't even remember if he introduced himself in the opener.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Reality TV shows IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE.

That's really what I got from this video.

... I feel so sorry for Graham. Hopefully he won't kill James before the end of the 20th day.

KoDOmega

Nov 22, 2009
As soon as I saw the pouch hit Graham in the face, I went "Kathleen is controlling it".

Lo and behold, who was Object Wrangler #1... :p

The Random One

May 29, 2008
This is even funnier if you know there's a mission to Mars being planned right now (by a private company) and since they want to send two people, but know the long period of isolation will require that they are familiar with each other, they're planning to send a married couple.

(It's a lot less funnier if you know they're planning to send an old married couple because there's a very slim chance that they'll be able to return.)

EDIT: But enough talk... Have Chris Hadfield!

John P. Hackworth

Sep 21, 2010
So many lulz in this episode. I really liked the floating juice container bit. Especially Graham's face when it bumps into him at the end.

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
KarmaTheAlligator said:
OK, anyone else reminded of Rimmer and Lister from Red Dwarf?
Yeah, the whole "stop making that noise with your mouth" part reminded me of that. Nice little tribute there.

I also found it amusing that they just happened to have some alfalfa lying around for that experiment - you know, as you do.

Also, I see wires.