LoadingReadyRun: Fun With Microwaves 3

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
Mythbusters and jawbreakers [http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-exploding-jawbreaker-minimyth.html] (aka, how do you injure a Mythbuster? Poor Christine.)

They don't show it in that clip, but at the end when it explodes and hits Adam and Christine, that was their microwave condition.

doublenix

Jul 16, 2009
The last egg: I did that before when I was a kid. Pulled it out, poked it with a fork, boom. Went all over the ceiling and everything. I cleaned up the shell pieces from the surfaces, but the shell fragments on the ceiling are what got me caught eventually. Ahhh, memories of youth. Thanks LRR!

Chasmodius

Rogue Commentator
Jan 13, 2010
Was this all shot at full speed? If not, it would have been nice if sections that were sped up or slowed down had a notation on-screen of what speed they were being played at.

Anyway, that was AWESOME! Started off slow, but talk about ending with a BANG!

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Lieju said:
You should have put a mouse in there.

Not ALIVE, of course.
I keep snakes and other animals that eat mice, so I buy these frozen mice from the pet shop or breeders.
And the first thing anyone who buys them is told is that you should defrost them by soaking them in warm water, and not in a microwave, because if you do, they explode.

I'd like to see if they do explode, but I'm not going to risk messing up my microwave.
Honestly I don't think they'll ever put an animal in there. Even if it's dead people will be up in arms about it. Which yeah, doesn't make sense but people don't make sense.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Now I'm wondering if you guys have ever watched "Is It a Good Idea to Microwave This?".

Also, SCIENCE!

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
Eric the Orange said:
Honestly I don't think they'll ever put an animal in there. Even if it's dead people will be up in arms about it. Which yeah, doesn't make sense but people don't make sense.
See also:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/daily-drop/2720-Rockfish

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Its been so long since one of these , awesome to see guys especially for science.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Next try to microwave mobile phone while it sends sms to someone
According to Steins;Gate you should send message to the past :D

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
Lieju said:
You should have put a mouse in there.

Not ALIVE, of course.
I keep snakes and other animals that eat mice, so I buy these frozen mice from the pet shop or breeders.
And the first thing anyone who buys them is told is that you should defrost them by soaking them in warm water, and not in a microwave, because if you do, they explode.

I'd like to see if they do explode, but I'm not going to risk messing up my microwave.
People were up in arms about a dead fish being dropped on The Daily Drop, let alone something being microwaved.

But yeah, Viva la Sheer Stupidity for the sake of science!

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
My guess concerning the egg is that the yolk became super-heated and remained fluid, while the white cooked to a semi-solid and held it in containment. When Paul deformed the egg, the white was breached and the yolk boiled to vapor immediately.

It looks like you lost the turntable at some point, but I'm surprised the microwave survived the abuse you hurled at it.

Dusty Fred

Aug 3, 2011
The lightbulbs were beautiful, the eggs tense.

What a fine way to liven up a rainy Monday evening. Tar very muchly chaps/chapesses!

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Yeah, I knew that would happen with the egg... you guys saw the Jawbreaker ep of Mythbusters right? And heard about superheating water then touching it with a spoon? Boom!

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
What would happen if you put matches, and lemons in the same microwave? This just crossed my mind after rewatching it, for third time in a row.