LoadingReadyRun: Fun With Microwaves 3

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I'm absolutely convinced now.

Getting a Microwave and a bunch of random stuff will ensure that you are never bored now.

... I just need to find stuff that I'm sure won't blow it up now. Thanks, LRR!

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
This just makes me miss "Is it a good idea to microwave this?" on youtube, shame that series had to end, although this was much more efficient and professional, though I'm sure you have better resources to work with

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
This brings me back to the Daily Drop days. You should make more stupid scientific stuff. For science!.

russell.kramer

Mar 17, 2009
I'm glad the stuff I sent you years ago worked out. I'd given up hope of ever seeing it microwaved. If you do this again try pulling the CRT out of an old monitor, I think it will do something similar to the vacuum tubes.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
What about a remote control lightbulb? That ought to be fun...
Jack and Calumon said:
That was possibly the coolest thing I have seen that was totally scientific in ages.

To join the entourage of people suggesting stuff, champagne, because microwaves need to be fancy too.

Calumon: What if you microwaved a smaller microwave that was also on? :D
They wanted to, but couldn't find one actually small enough. See also, LRRCast.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Antitonic said:
The microwave is a Faraday cage, so remote controls are unlikely to work inside it.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Don Reba said:
Antitonic said:
The microwave is a Faraday cage, so remote controls are unlikely to work inside it.
Well, it'd be more for the fact that it could turn 700+ colours, and less for the remote aspect. I honestly didn't even think about the remote part. :p