LoadingReadyRun: Harlem Shake

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Query: For someone who quite literally has no idea what the Harlem Shake is (and only knows that the former director of the US Congressional Office of Management and Budget has apparently done one despite being being a geriatric), what the fuck is the Harlem Shake?

Also: Why didn't Paul save himself some time and resources and make a Meme beacon in the first place, you know, like Kathleen suggested?

Darken12

Apr 16, 2011
Awwwwww, I wanted to see the LRRShake! Hah, but I do get the subtext: it couldn't have lived up to the expectations of awesomeness and cleverness we've built up for you guys.

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
Now I know what the Apple-iReality-glasses will work!
Also I missed so many mimis ;) I don't know if I still care...

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
The Gentleman said:
Also: Why didn't Paul save himself some time and resources and make a Meme beacon in the first place, you know, like Kathleen suggested?
Because Paul is Paul. The Paul is not to be questioned.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Beejazoid absolutely nailed it this episode. I would've had a hard time keeping a straight face during his meme scenes.

I'm another person who has absolutely no idea what this "Harlem Shake" thing actually is, though, but it doesn't sound like it's really worthy of becoming a widespread meme.

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
I don't get it.
Harlem Shake is neither memorable, nor funny, nor annoying, nor stupid enough to be a meme.
There's so much better/WORSE stuff on the internet, why this?

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
I've been pronouncing Me Me for years as well =]

I've got to say this is one of the more stranger concepts for a video that you guys hae ever done and you guys have done a lot of strange stuff // I do also like the call back to the old CH eps with the ball kicking robot

-M

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Thunderous Cacophony said:
I really don;t think that there is any way to overreact to a ball-kicking, robotic or otherwise.
May Mr Ballsmatron R.I.P

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Rainforce said:
I don't get it.
Harlem Shake is neither memorable, nor funny, nor annoying, nor stupid enough to be a meme.
No wonder it didn't trigger the Meme Beacon.

Also, I'd love to see an "All Your Farts Are Belong to Us" t-shirt.

Pariah164

May 9, 2008
SO CLOSE.

Anyways, great cHustle as always. Meme-ified Beej made me laugh. Is he staying that way?

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Great call back to Geoff.

Also, were you guys playing Spaceteam in the beginning?

mariomario

Nov 22, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
I don't suppose someone could make a "Deal with it" gif from when Beej did it could they, that was just fantastic.

I have tried, but to no avail (or at least one that looks any good)
I have come here to request this as well.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Don Reba said:
The Gentleman said:
Because Paul is Paul. The Paul is not to be questioned.
Oh, Paul. You can't not invent something that hurts somebody. Did you give your guinea pig superpowers or just scrambled his brains?

hdboomy

Apr 16, 2009
Rainforce said:
I don't get it.
There's so much better/WORSE stuff on the internet, why this?
I think Harlem Shake is popular because it is easy for almost anyone to reproduce.
More and more people I coming to understand what internet memes are, so a DIY meme is very appealing to the general public.

CyborgGinger

Apr 1, 2011
Best LRR. Ever. I don't think I've ever laughed so much at the series before.

I must admit, I really liked the "feel" of the episode - it was like a tight mini-sitcom cutting back and forth between Paul and the rest of the gang.

Huge props to Beej who properly stole the show with his gibbering whilst absorbing the memes and then the "Deal with it" line at the end, totally cracked me up.

Seriously, can we have more episodes like this? I loved it.

SirPlindington

Jun 28, 2012
Wait... But I thought they were bros? Because kicking balls is funny? But the ball kicking robot already exists, so... where is this on the Commodore Hustle timeline?

Inuprince

Aug 12, 2008
Great episode, but I'm wondering, is this a sort of official announcement that Graham and Paul won't do an Atelier game Let's Play ...
Seems like everybody would like to see that, or at least me and that guy in the video with the vendetta...