LoadingReadyRun: Harlem Shake

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
Zydrate said:
Hitchmeister said:
You guys had me worried. I refuse to watch any Harlem Shake videos, and I have not yet. I didn't even know it was a thing until yesterday, but it sounded so stupid that I want nothing to do with it.
Seems like an overreaction. Memes are nothing more than running jokes.

Watch a couple, and move on. I think the Army and Swimteam are the best two. And one Slenderman was pretty clever (No dancing, he just "killed" the people).

That's all I need. The rest are just flash mobs.
I heard they're like 30 seconds long. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Captcha knows: instantly skip

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
Andy Shandy said:
I don't suppose someone could make a "Deal with it" gif from when Beej did it could they, that was just fantastic.

I have tried, but to no avail (or at least one that looks any good)
It's possible, but Beej is out-of-focus in that shot (intentionally), so it would be blurry. If you still want it, I'll do it.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
SirPlindington said:
Wait... But I thought they were bros? Because kicking balls is funny? But the ball kicking robot already exists, so... where is this on the Commodore Hustle timeline?
Yeah, we're cool with "cH Geoff" now, but he still likes to prod us.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Classic comedy: the best Harlem Shake of all was the one that never came.

Also, grats on next year's Auction Light,
itself a pseudo-meme in Desert Bus...
or will there be another?
-BermaShave

...sorry, that was bad.

beefpelican

Apr 15, 2009
Rainforce said:
I don't get it.
Harlem Shake is neither memorable, nor funny, nor annoying, nor stupid enough to be a meme.
There's so much better/WORSE stuff on the internet, why this?
People like dancing. People like bandwagons. People like costumes. People like stuff that's easy to do. Hey look! It's a dancing bandwagon full of easy costumes!

ozmasis

Aug 9, 2010
Its slightly embarrassing how much I enjoyed the all your farts video, but that was some early 2000s awesomeness right there

Your Gaffer

Oct 10, 2012
Hitchmeister said:
You guys had me worried. I refuse to watch any Harlem Shake videos, and I have not yet. I didn't even know it was a thing until yesterday, but it sounded so stupid that I want nothing to do with it.
I'm glad to see you are taking such a moral stance on one of the important issues of our day. You sir are obviously a man of strength and determination.

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
You either need a bat signal with the reddit robot, or with a cat with a cheeseburger. Also the face on the meme-stream device is adorable and made my day.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
Don Reba said:
The Gentleman said:
Also: Why didn't Paul save himself some time and resources and make a Meme beacon in the first place, you know, like Kathleen suggested?
Because Paul is Paul. The Paul is not to be questioned.
Oh, Paul. You can't not invent something that hurts somebody. Did you give your guinea pig superpowers or just scrambled his brains?
This is why he's Paul

Sorry, was just wondering why that meme hadn't been mentioned in this thread yet!

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
It seems the Harlem Shake really is a bad thing.

I just heard about a high school hockey team having to forfeit their Section 1 state playoff game apparently because of their Harlem Shake video...

...most likely because of the guy with a sock on his dick.

If you really wanna see it, then search "high school hockey harlem shake". I don't want to put the YouTube video here...