LoadingReadyRun: It's Magic

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
One of the best episodes! Keep it up guys! A weekly C Hustle spinoff would be AWESOME!

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
OrokuSaki said:
Thanks for the help, but I play red.
If you're clever, you can still play those cards without running a single Island since they're "pitch cards" (you can remove a blue card from your hand rather than paying the mana cost).
You need other blue cards, but if you run hybrid red/blue cards, it can work.

What might work better: Try running Stingscourger. It's a Red Bounce Goblin out of Time Spiral.
Also, the card Gone from Dead // Gone (split card) also gives red bounce.

For artifacts, Pithing Needle naming Sneak Attack completely kills his combo, and those can be played for one colorless.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
Graham_LRR said:
It's Magic

The LoadingReadyRun crew is overcome with a burning need to cast card-based spells.

Watch Video
you guys made my day i just got back into magic when scars came out after id quit after the original mirrodin block

DetectiveSparky

Size doesn't matter
Jul 16, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
I think my favourite decks of mine is an R-G-B Allies deck, an Eldrazi Spawn deck (no Eldrazi, just the spawn) and a friggin' weird deck where all I do is steal your creatures. That last one leads to some wacky games.
Are you just using the Eldrazi spawn for quick mana then? What are you using for damage? Whatever that one creature is that pumps the spawn? Can't remember the name of the creature because I don't use Eldrazi due to someone using all the good stuff I pulled.

What colour is the creature control deck? I wouldn't mind seeing that decklist please :) It seems like an interesting combination.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
:D Another commmodor hustle :D

Also super funny. Love Magic...the Gathering and want that angry kitty deck.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Ah, Magic. That brings back memories. Many sad, painful memories. I started playing just before "The Dark" expansion came out and left soon after 4th edition. I sold all my old cards and never looked back. I used to play a White Deck, and I had some pretty asskicking cards. 4 Serra Angels, 4 Seraphs from the Ice Age expansion, 2 Veteran Bodyguards, all the Mithra's Lands and a card that was called "Armageddon", from Legends, I think. Destroyed all black cards in play. That was sweet. I took out an army of Kjeldoran Dead and Senjir Vampires with that card.

But I don't regret giving it up. It was too expensive and a timesuck to boot.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
DetectiveSparky said:
Graham_LRR said:
I think my favourite decks of mine is an R-G-B Allies deck, an Eldrazi Spawn deck (no Eldrazi, just the spawn) and a friggin' weird deck where all I do is steal your creatures. That last one leads to some wacky games.
Are you just using the Eldrazi spawn for quick mana then? What are you using for damage? Whatever that one creature is that pumps the spawn? Can't remember the name of the creature because I don't use Eldrazi due to someone using all the good stuff I pulled.

What colour is the creature control deck? I wouldn't mind seeing that decklist please :) It seems like an interesting combination.
Well, like I said in my post, Raid Bombardment is what I use, and since it's a common, I'd assume he uses it too. Some of those Eldrazi token creators are decent guys in their own right.

I think there's a card that gives them all +2/+1, so that would definitely be in his deck.

And, like all decks with red and black, generous application of creature kill spells. Blaze would be good, because you'd have enough tokens to power it up to 10 or more damage mid-game.

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
You have a Roy G. Biv deck?

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
DetectiveSparky said:
Are you just using the Eldrazi spawn for quick mana then? What are you using for damage?
Double A said:
I think there's a card that gives them all +2/+1, so that would definitely be in his deck.
Broodwarden. He's in there for sure, and I really should put in a Raid Bombardment after Jer gave me the idea, but my endgame is either sac everything for a Fireball, or (my personal favourite), Hellion Eruption.

Sacrifice all your creatures, and replace them with that many 4/4 Elementals. So gooood.

DistinctlyBenign

Dec 24, 2008
Bah, Magic. So much wasted time and money of my youth.

...And my friends are still into it and try to get me to play.

Bah. Hate Magic.

Don't hate video though. Funny. Good work.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
DetectiveSparky said:
Are you just using the Eldrazi spawn for quick mana then? What are you using for damage?
Double A said:
Broodwarden. He's in there for sure, and I really should put in a Raid Bombardment after Jer gave me the idea, but my endgame is either sac everything for a Fireball, or (my personal favourite), Hellion Eruption.

Sacrifice all your creatures, and replace them with that many 4/4 Elementals. So gooood.
Seriously? Turn all your creatures into 4/4s?

Need I suggest Doubling Season and Overwhelm?

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
pluizig said:
So Alex is an official crew member now?
Considering he is the driving force for most of the crapshots, I'd say yes.
laughingstock2909 said:
virtual mtg is bs, if anyone wants to play real people who aren't around their computers or their mothers all the time go to the nearest card shop on friday nights, Its called friday night magic for a reason
Because everybody has a local card shop that has enough people to have a FNM.
Wes1180 said:
So I was wondering is the game on steam any good?
No, it is not. Don't get it.
Alex_LRR said:
Glad to hear a positive response to the video everyone!

Someone was asking about my decklist, which isn't actually goblins. I play RDW at Friday Night Magic at Yellowjacket now with some pretty decent success. Its a fun and straightforward build, and I never get tired of flattening $80 Jace, The Mind Sculptors with my 25¢ commons and $4 rares.
Do you basically just concede if they put down a kor firewalker post sideboard?

OT: Great video guys, made me laugh quite a bit. I'm curious though, I'll likely ask this in the askLRR thread but is Kathleens Angry Kitty deck actually real or are those just an assortment of awesome cards to play on turns 1-3 in succession.

And I'm currently playing in standard W/G allies, mono green infect turn three kill, red deck cries to kor firewalker, and in non standard slivers. Ooooooh my friends hate me for that deck.

BrownGaijin

Jan 31, 2009
Thank you for the cH. I have been needing a fix for a long time (albeit the Halloween episode provided temporary relief, but with this the swelling itch is gone).

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Double A said:
Seriously? Turn all your creatures into 4/4s?

Need I suggest Doubling Season and Overwhelm?
In general we seem to be keeping to Type 2 decks, just for fairness. That way there's less "what card is THAT?!"
But I'll think about that for sure!

Alex_LRR

Oct 13, 2010
Asturiel said:
Do you basically just concede if they put down a kor firewalker post sideboard?
I forsee Kor firewalker as being a potential problem, but I have solutions for him. Smoldering spires shoves him out of the way for blocking, spitfire flies right over him, and any burn I would fire at him just goes to my opponent's dome instead. Plus, if my opponent uses removal, I can copy it with reverberate.