LoadingReadyRun: It's Magic

Theistic

Oct 27, 2009
AdmiralMemo said:
You could try MtG: Online. It's actually pretty fun. I've made a WGR beatdown deck from the starting pack, and there's a bunch of other cards you get once you activate your account. It costs 10$ I think, and you can pretty much buy everything you can buy IRL there. Check it out if you can't find anyone to play with IRL :)

Richard Norley

Jan 22, 2010
MTG is the only thing my friends play... Then again, all I do is play video games and surf the internet for entertainment.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
Double A said:
You sure there isn't a nerd store that supports MTG in your area, though? One was in my area, but it closed. A year or two later, a new one opened up pretty much overnight, without me noticing until like 3 months later.
Well, there are plenty of places that sell the cards, but I don't know of any specific stores to cater to players. Plus, I don't have my driver's license, so I'm kind of limited.
Theistic said:
You could try MtG: Online. It's actually pretty fun. I've made a WGR beatdown deck from the starting pack, and there's a bunch of other cards you get once you activate your account. It costs 10$ I think, and you can pretty much buy everything you can buy IRL there. Check it out if you can't find anyone to play with IRL :)
Sounds OK, but it's a totally separate thing to buy, unless there was a way to log in the physical cards I own so I could play with them.

somacruz500

Jul 9, 2010
AdmiralMemo said:
Double A said:
You sure there isn't a nerd store that supports MTG in your area, though? One was in my area, but it closed. A year or two later, a new one opened up pretty much overnight, without me noticing until like 3 months later.
Well, there are plenty of places that sell the cards, but I don't know of any specific stores to cater to players. Plus, I don't have my driver's license, so I'm kind of limited.
Theistic said:
Sounds OK, but it's a totally separate thing to buy, unless there was a way to log in the physical cards I own so I could play with them.
There isn't a way to do that unfortunetly. MTGO is okay, but Duels of the Plainswalkers is WAYYYYYYYY better.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
AdmiralMemo said:
Double A said:
If there's a store that specializes in DnD, Munchkin, MTG, etc, then you should definitely look in to that.

AdmiralMemo

LoadingReadyRunner
Legacy
Dec 15, 2008
Double A said:
AdmiralMemo said:
Double A said:
If there's a store that specializes in DnD, Munchkin, MTG, etc, then you should definitely look in to that.
Nah... I'm talking like Walmart, GameStop, etc. that sell pre-builts and boosters, but that's kind of it. There is a Games Workshop, but it's kind of a bit far, and I don't know if they sell Magic there.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
AdmiralMemo said:
Double A said:
AdmiralMemo said:
Double A said:
Nah... I'm talking like Walmart, GameStop, etc. that sell pre-builts and boosters, but that's kind of it. There is a Games Workshop, but it's kind of a bit far, and I don't know if they sell Magic there.
Your GameStop sells Magic!? Luck! I wish mine did, then maybe I'd get a discount with my Edge.

Try calling Games Workshop so you don't have to drive out there.

griffinith

Nov 12, 2008
Agent Monocle said:
Ah... Magic. It wasn't about winning. It was about building themes! My rabid wombat deck wasn't meant to win, but to feed him as many enchantments before I died... Or role playing with my pure wall deck. Saying, "Scruvy scum, you'll break my walls with your pathetic killer bees, for I have... FLYING WALLS! I will outlast your kind for the next century or end of lunch!"
That sounds about right for my group of friends. My two main decks right now are "GOOOATS!" and "Ooze consumption". I've had and tested goats since shadowmoor, so it's as good as I'd like it to be, and ooze is still in the first build, looking to make a few changes soon.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Now that was epic, and you know if I had have watched this video before last weekend I would have have cared so much // But was at a gaming con and afterwards go taught how to play Magic // We played for about 8hours straight and I fully enjoyed it

Now I have to go find some Black Planeswalkers

Also, watching you all on Desert Bus live feed

-M

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Guys i rly hate you....you make the idea of me going back to MtG seem so tempting -_-`
If i do go back ill buy a ticket to the US find you and maul you to death with CARDS! honestly!!! CAAARDS

Sep 30, 2010
Probably my favorite episode of Loading ready run. Magic is the most addicting card game ever but my pals always crush me. Seriously great episode and can someone tell me what the life counter app was?

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
If it doesn't get posted anywhere else, when I get my angry kitties deck from the desert bus auction, I'll post the list here.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
What a fantastic episode! After watching you guys play, both in this video, and through Desert Bus, I really want to get into it.

Now, if only I had some friends around here that I could play with. D:

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
AdmiralMemo said:
Double A said:
AdmiralMemo said:
Double A said:
Games Workshop doesn't do MTG. Only their own products.

HJC86

Nov 29, 2010
HaHa,
Kathleen has the same Gorillaz T as me. Only then the girl version o'course. Cool ! Keep them coming girl !

Hans