LoadingReadyRun: Job Security

careful

Jul 28, 2010
awesome! i loved this episode, very funny. those ninjas musta looked like talibanies to passersby in that park...

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
therockdemon said:
if this is what happens to bad guys when you play a game then i feel very bad for doing that to them so many times
He has a wife and kids working as NPCs.

It's like that scene in Austin Powers where one of the henchmen dies and we get to see his grieving widow and bewildered children. Not so much funny as it is tragic.

This was funny though.

d_woo77

May 11, 2008
Is Paul playing the evil boss "Grim" from that older episode, "Bad News"? ("Fire Crusher!")

Maldeus

Mar 24, 2009
I'm seriously starting to want an actual LRR game about Grim and the spikey-haired protagonist out for revenge on him, now.

Concerning the ethical quandaries surrounding uber-AI: You don't actually need individual AI for each and every ninja to make them appear to be separate beings, and you certainly don't need to give them the actual ability to feel pain. Make a single AI that's basically the world's most awesome game master. His primary function is to give the people who play his game a good time, and since we're talking about sapient AI, he can probably tell whether you're the sort of guy who enjoys mildly challenging gameplay that doesn't get in the way of the narrative or brutal and unforgiving gameplay that makes you feel like the God of Video Games when you finally overcome it, or whatever other playstyle you prefer.

The solution to most AI problems is "make the AI want to do whatever we want it to do."

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
d_woo77 said:
Is Paul playing the evil boss "Grim" from that older episode, "Bad News"? ("Fire Crusher!")
I think so, and if so I hope we see some more in this series, they're among the best in my opinion and LRR sets the bar high to begin with.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Distorted Stu said:
Lmao loved this one :')

But... what happens when you turn off the game?!
They clock off for the day and go to their NPC families.