LoadingReadyRun: Junk in the Trunk

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Using that new lens are we?
Glad we have loading time these day because this is one of those times you just want to see behind the scenes.

Aug 31, 2012
leviadragon99 said:
Wow... that's just a perfect ending, how is that character still alive...
Probably because they let the car down a ramp for boats. Might only be a meter or so of water at the end depending in the tide. As he said, those guys weren't very good goons.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Dooly95 said:
I also think this is why there's no ambiance as far as driving sounds go - no sound of cars, or the engine, etc etc.
Listen again, there's actually constant sound... it was all recorded live in the car.
It's a diesel, if that helps you at all.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
DVS BSTrD said:
How's THAT for a moisturizer Paul?
I don't know. The last time I was locked in the trunk of a car and pushed into the bay, I was all chafed for weeks.
It was a Smart Car, wasn't it?

ON TOPIC:
Now, those grunts from Paul when Cam and Beej were punching him... Those grunts should not have been muffled like everything else Paul said...

(*trunk opens; gets punched repeatedly*)

....Ow....

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
Dooly95 said:
I also think this is why there's no ambiance as far as driving sounds go - no sound of cars, or the engine, etc etc.
Listen again, there's actually constant sound... it was all recorded live in the car.
It's a diesel, if that helps you at all.
All done live in the car? Did Paul add his voiceover later, or was he in the trunk the whole time? If so, props for method acting!

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
IS it weird I can tell exactly what mounts you used for the GoPro on the windscreen? Awesome video, by the way. Really funny.

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
Paul's dialogue was dubbed over, but he was also talking in the car so Cam and Beej could react.

Graham_LRR

Nov 13, 2008
Mydnyght said:
ON TOPIC:
Now, those grunts from Paul when Cam and Beej were punching him... Those grunts should not have been muffled like everything else Paul said...

(*trunk opens; gets punched repeatedly*)

....Ow....
They were actually a little less muffled. The trunk may have been open, but the "viewer" was still inside the car with the doors closed.

hpriamson

Nov 14, 2011
DasDestroyer said:
Apparently it's the Russian mafia since there's Russian music playing at around 3:20 :p
I assumed it was the Canadian mafia since they put on their seatbelts. So law-abiding!

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
James Bowe said:
I'm looking forward to the Loading Time for this episode. So many new technical tricks!
I was just about to ask about that, actually!
I hope we get to see how you guys did the nice slow car roll, at the very least :p

And fair play to Cameron and Beej for remaining suitably po-faced during the long continuous shot- Tarantino would be proud!

I hope Paul's character and the goons become recurring characters.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
hpriamson said:
DasDestroyer said:
Apparently it's the Russian mafia since there's Russian music playing at around 3:20 :p
I assumed it was the Canadian mafia since they put on their seatbelts. So law-abiding!
Well then there's only one explanation: Canadian mafia full of Russian immigrants!

Trisha Lynn

Jan 13, 2010
Beej is a fine enough muscle, but it's Cam's debonair flair that really sells this entire routine. Together, they're great face actors/reactors to Paul's dialogue.

Also, the extended silence before the character speaks up again after the first stop? Brilliant.

Sol_HSA

was gaming before you were born
Nov 25, 2008
hpriamson said:
DasDestroyer said:
Hasn't GTA taught you that there are times when you don't want any undue attention to what's in the trunk? =)

somonels said:
Damn it, I thought it was named Jonny in the trunk.
Now, that would have been funny.