LoadingReadyRun: Math of the Montage

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Math of the Montage

All you need is a good montage to win at anything. Even the Mathlympiat.

Watch Video

JSW

Oct 7, 2009
I don't think the ending of this sketch really worked. The audience has already noticed that they did the boxing-training montage instead of the math montage, so pointing it out at the end and doing another montage is just belabouring the point. What I would've done is carry the boxing montage to its logical conclusion and have Paul just knock out the Evil Math Professor in one punch when they meet.

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
JSW said:
I don't think the ending of this sketch really worked. The audience has already noticed that they did the boxing-training montage instead of the math montage, so pointing it out at the end and doing another montage is just belabouring the point. What I would've done is carry the boxing montage to its logical conclusion and have Paul just knock out the Evil Math Professor in one punch when they meet.
I was definitely expecting Paul to walk onstage in a muscle suit. Oh well, sometimes sketches are swing and a miss. I'm sure some people out there will find this one funnier. I was trying to figure out exactly what type of montage Cam and Kathleen were participating in, and how it would effect the ending. Apparently the answers were "who knows" and "it didn't" :(

Jan 12, 2012
That song, it's so inspirational! I feel like doing things 80's style.

Also, it's nice to see Kathleen finally got the cloning process down so that she could both appear in the sketch and be the Boomsmith.

Theminimanx

Positively Insane
Mar 14, 2011
Well that made absolutely no sense. Love it.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Ok, the funniest parts was popping the collar on the lab coat and rubbing Paul's face on the chalkboard. Your pain amuses us.

Jezebeau

Apr 16, 2009
JSW said:
What I would've done is carry the boxing montage to its logical conclusion and have Paul just knock out the Evil Math Professor in one punch when they meet.
That's exactly what I was expecting.

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
TiberiusEsuriens said:
JSW said:
I was definitely expecting Paul to walk onstage in a muscle suit. Oh well, sometimes sketches are swing and a miss. I'm sure some people out there will find this one funnier. I was trying to figure out exactly what type of montage Cam and Kathleen were participating in, and how it would effect the ending. Apparently the answers were "who knows" and "it didn't" :(
I've got to agree... was really banking on paul throwing a knockout blow and leaving with kathleen... instead it was a 'meh' ending, literally; that was james' responce.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
YES! An excuse to post this song!

The day's approaching to give it your best,
and you've got to reach your prime
That's when you need to put yourself to the test,
and show us a passage of time

We're gonna need a montage! (MONTAGE !)
A sports training montage! (MONTAGE !)

Show a lot of things happening at once,
remind everyone of what's going on! (WHAT'S GOING ON!)
And with every shot show a little improvement,
to show it all would take too long!

That's called a montage! (MONTAGE !)
Even Rocky had a montage! (MONTAGE !)

In any sport if you want to go,
from just a beginner to a pro
You need a montage! (MONTAGE !)
A simple little montage! (MONTAGE !)

Always fade out in a montage
If you fade out it seems like more time has a passed in a montage
Don't worry Paul, you're now prepared to take him on tomorrow!

Amir Kondori

Apr 11, 2013
JSW said:
Ooh, LRR must be steaming, that is by far the better the ending!

Stu35

Aug 1, 2011
I'm both impressed and a little bit upset:

10 posts in and no clever **** has tried to show off by pointing out what the maths on the blackboard was (if indeed it was meant to be anything).

I mean, I was expecting to get to come in here and make a sarcastic remark (and possibly a Peter Griffin 'who the hell cares?' meme), as well as learning something.

Now I've learned nothing, AND I don't get to make a sarcastic remark.

cookyy2k

Aug 14, 2009
Stu35 said:
I'm both impressed and a little bit upset:

10 posts in and no clever **** has tried to show off by pointing out what the maths on the blackboard was (if indeed it was meant to be anything).
It's quantum mechanics...

OT not a bad sketch though I think the ending suggested earlier in this thread would've worked better.

talker

Nov 18, 2011
I am shocked that nobody has looked up the music yet. I need it for my LRR-watching montages!