LoadingReadyRun: Outbid

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
Reminds me of an old joke from my country where a Coca-Cola representative calls Vatican asking them to add "and Coca-Cola" to "Give us this day our daily bread" offering 1 million 10 million and 100 million dollars subsequently, each time getting refused, in the end shocked that they didn't agree even on such sum he asks "How much did those damn bakers paid You then?"

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Link XL1 said:
huh, i could have sworn there'd be a lot more religious raging over this episode by now...
The joke was how wrong this is, so it's not exactly disrespectful :), that'd be if they suggested that we might as well do this :D It's not like the LRR crew are actually suggesting God was just the highest bidder for the last 2000 years.

I'll be honest though, my churches are in schools, I think the headmaster might have something to say about those windows...

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
Green fingernails. For whatever reason that caught my attention, and bugged me throughout the video. Of course, it's the correct color for this part of the year, but...still, it looked really odd. As for the actual humor: it made me chuckle once or twice, so not that bad. Definitely not one of the best, either.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Speakercone said:
all hail saint Graham, patron saint of humorous internet cartoons of Canadian origin. XD
Amen to that!

Magnificient Episode! I'm now completely obsessed with finding my own church to sponsor...

Crunchy English

Victim of a Savage Neck-bearding
Aug 20, 2008
Putting a Neon Sign for Maine Supplies in front of a church? Worthy of a minor amount of discussion.

Change the Lord's Prayer? Apparently worth of zero discussion.

Misspell Paul's name? Blasphemy!

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
wow...as a catholic i find this mildly uncomfortable.

...but as a catholic i also stop laughing. good job.

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
I love the source of it all: "Christ hasn't returned our calls/messages"

It tickles my religiously rebellious side so hard.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Man, this is so true. I used to follow Christ when there was just a couple hundred guys. This one time we were on a mountain for too long so he made everyone fish sandwiches, personally. Since he left the church just hasn't been the same. It's all too... commercial.

personion

Dec 6, 2010
There was nothing really offending, blasphemous or sacrilegious about any of this. I go to church and I found it pretty funny.

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
Crunchy English said:
Putting a Neon Sign for Maine Supplies in front of a church? Worthy of a minor amount of discussion.
Well Maine has had a lot of people dying and not enough people moving there recently.

Perhaps some "nee-on"s may attract the young 'uns.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
I bet this is what conservatives fear is going to happen with separation of church and state.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
personion said:
There was nothing really offending, blasphemous or sacrilegious about any of this. I go to church and I found it pretty funny.
I'm glad you think so!
We're weren't trying to be any of those things, so I'd call this a success.

i64ever

Aug 26, 2008
Well, I for one am truly outraged! I have been a member of the Church of Dave for years, and will not sit back and let his good name be slandered! They made him into a fool, deliberately misquoting his prayer. He would NEVER admit to retail prices. EVERYTHING IS AT LEAST 10% OFF! And certainly any stained glass image of Dave would have him on a Kawasaki as he is an OFFICIAL Kawasaki dealer. I am personally calling on all Daveians to boycott his evil website until LRR apologizes.

In Dave's name

Good boating.