LoadingReadyRun: PlaceholderURL.com

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
PlaceholderURL.com

Business lesson #85: Roll with the punches.

Watch Video

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
I was incredibly disappointed to learn that PlaceholderURL.com is a parked domain.

EDIT: Apparently that has since changed. Don't I look silly.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
Falterfire said:
I was incredibly disappointed to learn that PlaceholderURL.com is a parked domain.
no actually the fine folks at lrr have procured the website for themselves. it even links to the video. ^^ http://placeholderurl.com/
(it does look a bit like a parked domain, but there's even an reference to the video: Congratulations, your designer has subscribed to our service and is obviously an intelligent and attractive individual.)

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
As far as ideas go this is right up there with publishing a book of lorem ipsum... I like it. In a Jackson Pollock kind of way.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
So basically, this is blackmail. If your subscribers don't pay you, their customers see offensive ads.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Paul is the master of rolling with the punches. XD Also, I loved the stinger. Alas, farewell solar power...

EDIT: Woo! First page! :D

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
First thing I did was go to Placeholderurl.com, I was not dissapointed in doing so.
Also that stinger was amazing.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Oh Paul, we love your child-like optimism and wonder, even in the face of soul-crushing suggestion. Another way to watch this video is that Paul is running an elaborate test to see if Graham and Kathleen are robots, like from Blade Runner.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I'm going to be honest, I find http://placeholderurl.com/ incredibly offensive. My religion forbids grey.

Valthek

Aug 25, 2008
Not cool to do this a few days before I have to give a presentation for my finals project. This is NOT good for my stress levels.

good vid though.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Alar said:
Paul is the master of rolling with the punches. XD Also, I loved the stinger. Alas, farewell solar power...

EDIT: Woo! First page! :D
Well, not necessarily. They can use the money they make with this business to fund the solar power stuff.

See, it's a Happy Ending after all. ;D

Jan 12, 2012
geier said:
So basically, this is blackmail. If your subscribers don't pay you, their customers see offensive ads.
Well, people could just change their default url to something other than placeholderurl.com, but who has the time? Easier to pay someone to deal with the problem.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Aww, look at all those white people :3

BrotherRool said:
I'm going to be honest, I find http://placeholderurl.com/ incredibly offensive. My religion forbids grey.
It's more like greige

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
I think we can all agree that this business proposition is.