LoadingReadyRun: Pocket Planes

tanatoes

Feb 4, 2010
My favorite video in a long, long time. Made me pour a couple extra hours into Pocket Planes too. I'm assuming I'm going to need London for an event in a couple weeks and I'm trying to re-organize my network to get as many routes to London as I can before then. Go Sky Chairs!

Blackout62

Dec 24, 2008
I don't know why but I love that Graham put on a subtle voice for his character.

Captcha: high-flyer, how apt.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
God, this is hilarious if you're a Pocket Planes player. And I was *this* close to touching the monitor when I saw the coins flying by at the end.

LordFish

May 29, 2012
Now, It's very funny and all. But I can't be the only person who's never played the game and has no idea what it's about...

I have a much better idea now but most of the references were still lost on me.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Graham_LRR said:
Pocket Planes

The ups and downs of the world's least consistent airline.

Watch Video
Checked Pocket Planes out because of this, and now I am addicted, thank you very much

Alahmnat

Nov 20, 2010
Alex's "SPRING BREAK!" line came out of nowhere, and almost had me guffawing at the office. I dunno why, it was just really, really funny to me. Also, subtly suave Graham is best Graham.

I feel like I'm going to regret actually looking into Pocket Planes as a result of this video, though. I just don't have time to be completely unproductive for long stretches right now :/

ManiacEskimo

Mar 31, 2009
Funny but this is incredibly random and I don't get half of it.

EDIT: Apparently its an iPhone game, cool I guess, I don't have an iPhone. Could have used some context for the video :/

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
I love this episode of LRR!! Started playing Pocket Planes last weekend after hearing about it on LRR's "TGWP" podcast (I thought, "huh, that sounds fun"), and I am so hooked. Go Sky Chairs!
This episode was hilarious. "How about a flight to Jakarta?" "Close enough!" Hehe...

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
Maybe it's because I've never taken an airplane, or maybe because I don't know what pocket planes is a reference to, but I just didn't like this one.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
That was fantastic. I hope you guys make more like this. I'd love a Tiny Tower episode too.
Very clever LRR!

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
SPOT ON!
and thanks to you I now have a new time waster.
I got my dad to play this game as well on his phone (it's funny since he works for westjet)

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
Ok I know it's way late, but I feel like it needs to be said, because it bugs me whenever I watch this HILAAAARIOUS video (not sarcastic)

it's pronounced "Gwang-joe" not "Gang zoo" I know it's odd, but that's Mandarin for you. "Zh" together makes a "j" sound.

Sorry for being "that guy" Love this LRR