LoadingReadyRun: Punchr

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
As Graham once said to Paul in the CHustle-verse, STOP working on that technology (or app in this case).

Funny vid as always.

Jan 12, 2012
MorganL4 said:
I can't be the only one who saw this and thought: "Maybe this should exist."
No, Batman's a big fan too.

OT: I can't believe LRR avoided the obvious "Slapchat" joke in the description. Come on, I deserve to have my lack of faith in them taking the high road rewarded.

eBusiness

Sep 19, 2012
The really big potential would be online, the days of being unable to give a well deserved fist-to-face treatment to online douchebags due to physical distance would be over. Just try to imagine what playing League of Legends would be like.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wait? I have to be in person to used it? In saying so Anita would already got her face full assuming she leave out of the place she lived in.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
"So according to my app I have to apologize to you, but according to everyone else you deserved it. Sorry that you're such a douche I guess."

He gets money for his app and his apology app? Dude must be a marketing genius.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
MorganL4 said:
No, you certainly are not the only one. I was looking for the kickstarter link in the description.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
MorganL4 said:
You were not.

I need this. The lust for vengeance against all the twerps I have met in my life that LRR has now awoken in me must be satisfied.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Yeah, I don't see a problem with this. Tindr isn't responsible for STDs due to indiscriminate hookups, why should Punchr be responsible for ... legitimate beatings?

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Okay, this is funny, but as for people suggesting that it should actually exist? Sorry, but that is not a good idea. Aside from the fact that, (as shown at the end of the video) this would be all kinds of illegal, it would be far to subject to interpretation.

Not every asshole exorcises their pettiness by being rude or violent, lots of them exorcise it by being deceptive and manipulative. Giving power to the majority does not ensure justice, it only ensures ostracism, justified or not.

Weather someone is deserving of being punched in the face is entirely subjective; people could be tagged just because someone else was being petty or unreasonable.

Say you have a coworker who constantly plays loud music on their work PC while everyone else is trying to work; you report them to a superior and they are reprimanded. Your coworker tags you because they are too inconsiderate to accept that they were at fault.

Say you have a kid who is harassed in school for something beyond their control, such as their appearance. At one point, they stand up to one of their harassers by yelling or cursing at them. The kid who was being harassed is tagged because the other children are more concerned with being popular than being ethical.

The moral of the story; lots of people agreeing on something doesn't make it just or accurate.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I suspect that if this were an actual Kickstarter, it would be funded within the running length of its video blurb.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
I don't know what it is about James, but in the right clothes he really looks a criminal, which is odd, since in the right costume he also makes a really good cop.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
I... on the one hand I kind of want this to exist, on the other I'm worried about the implications and inevitable abuse... like trolls giving a bunch of up-punches to a decent person for the lolz, or someone who isn't an asshole, but is instead controversial being up-punched by people that rabidly hate them, for example you may not agree with Anita Sarkesian, but saying she deserves a beating like one person in this thread suggested is a bit much.

Temporal_distortion

Nov 29, 2013
Cool idea, but the system would fast be abused by con men who claimed to administer justice (perhaps they work in conjunction with the intended punch target and split the loot)