LoadingReadyRun: Ransom

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
A) This episode amused the hell out of me...

B) That was the nerdiest proposal I have ever seen... And it too amused the hell out of me.

madmatt

Jan 12, 2010
Ummm... This is a bit of a shot in the dark but is La Fage taken from the Monty Python dentist's sketch? I think they used a similar name (I'll look on youtube). If so do I gain nerd cred?

Do I want nerd cred?

Great vid! Thanks!

Asnone

Powerful.
Mar 25, 2009
I loved that video, a new favourite, the only problem is I can't propose that way now, DAMN IT!

Burck

Aug 9, 2009
This was excellent.
You started with something straightforward and make it wonderfully ludicrous.

<3

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Wow, a second LRR proposal. You guys are gonna become a wedding service one of these days if these keeps happening.

Also, I loved the randomness of this one.

sky_rider19

Mar 16, 2011
madmatt said:
Ummm... This is a bit of a shot in the dark but is La Fage taken from the Monty Python dentist's sketch? I think they used a similar name (I'll look on youtube). If so do I gain nerd cred?

Do I want nerd cred?

Great vid! Thanks!
...So that's why that name is familiar! I knew the name sounded familiar all day and just trying to remember where.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Man, only LRR can pull off stretching a joke into a minute and a half and not end up with a lame episode. You guys are my heroes.

Also only Matt can pull off the badass villain despite looking like a total nerd. You are my partial hero, Matt.

Also Kathleen as Felicia Day?

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Best kidnapping ever. I'm sure the two of them could have gone back and forth with that for a while longer though.

JoelChenFA

Play Minecraft. Watch Top Gear.
Nov 24, 2010
zorrandur said:
LeeshaJoy said:
Am I the only one who finds this sort of marriage proposal more than a little tacky? Any sort of public proposal is problematic, because there's enormous pressure on the other party to say yes regardless of his or her feelings on the matter. And when you don't even have the balls to ask in person...
actually I was the one proposing to my girlfriend and it was pretty much a sure thing from the get go. Also I've asked her in numerous ways this was simply the official way. brought to you by brady games... i kid i kid. i was going for something nerdy and semi public so I'd have something to share

but hey thanks for the two cents ;)
Its funny how people who never proposed think that when your propose its the first time the question is discussed. How many proposals are more than just a grand gesture the lady can brag to her friends about?

zorrandur

Mar 8, 2010
wonkify said:
Maybe this is a generational issue, meaning I am just too old, but I really dislike the gimmick proposal. Especially the public gimmick proposal.
Am I alone in feeling a little skeeved by the arm twisting implied by proposing to a woman in a highly public setting?
If she says no, whatever her reasons, she looks like a villain. Not very nice.
Did I mention I am old? Admitting fully this may just be me who sees it this way.
Full credit to LRR for good intent.
Still love you, my favorite kooky Canadians.
God I miss ENN.
I was the one who proposed and I'm all for more traditional proposals but this is how it went.

1. she already made her intentions to say yes to my proposal clear so there was NO chance for a negative answer.

2. almost our entire friendship/relationship has been nerdy as hell and this was the best way i could think to continue that tradition.

3. she LOVES LRR and MTG as much as i do so it was a perfect combo. Also when she saw a similar proposal on Extra credits a couple weeks ago she loved it so I figured. why not?

p.s. she said yes and LOVED it it took her ten minutes to get the silly grin off her face. (then she went right back to slaying evil in assassin's creed brotherhood..... god i love this woman.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Good luck joseph.

Also, THIS VIDEO ROCKS. I found myself laughing every time you tacked on another person. How do you kidnap people so quickly? Are your kidnapping skills quantum locked or something?

zorrandur said:
p.s. she said yes
GRATS

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
God that was amusing. Also, congrats on the proposal. Can I see the card?

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
That was the cutest, nerdiest way of proposing I've ever seen, if she doesn't say yes I'll be heartbroken.