LoadingReadyRun: Scout's Dishonor

aeric90

Mar 31, 2010
I just noticed something rather disturbing... Matt's character has a fire badge on his sash. They let that kid touch fire!?

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
aeric90 said:
I just noticed something rather disturbing... Matt's character has a fire badge on his sash. They let that kid touch fire!?
He seems the type to have much experience making fires.

Noswad

Mar 21, 2011
As an ex-scout I can guarantee that not only was this hilarious but also 100% true. No seriously, psychopath with knife, check, kid who's not trusted with anything, check, kid who questions everything and you can't be sure whether is being sarcastic, check (wait i think that may have been me) and cartography being rendered pointless by technology, seen it all.

Oh and peeling potatoes that happened.

Daeggreth

Oct 22, 2009
Bearwalker badge? Bearwalker badge.

Best video I've seen from you guys in a while. The writing was excellent and felt stylistically distinct and refreshing(I'm assuming that's due to Kathleen writing this one). Not that I think Graham and Paul's writing styles are stale mind you.

More than the writing, the acting really stands out to me in this one. Matt is bloody perfect as the Wilson character and Paul and James fit their roles quite well. Backed by a stalwart performance by Graham (as usual) and a solid display from Ben it all comes together splendidly.

Oh and the camera work was nice but nothing less than expected. :)

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Oh god, it's all so true.

Art imitating life like never before. At least the 1st LRR Troup don't have a habit of walking around. Or away.
Or screaming. All the screaming.

DJShire

Sep 27, 2008
Dammit, I was wrong on the writer!

But....it makes sense that Kathleen would write such fitting characters for everyone, especially Matt and James.

alpha0924

Mar 12, 2011
Mydnyght said:
Now I'm curious -- what the hell was this "Lunch Tray Incident"?
That's the one you choose to be curious about? Not "The accident with the squirrel" that somehow got him banned from using string?

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
They all look more like midgets than children...

"I have a knife" was a great line though.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
I'm not sure if I should be more scared of Wilson (Matt's adorable character with a dark past) or Derkins (the one with the army knife).

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
Wow that was great. The bit with the knife and just Matt in general were perfect. Also I love the merit badges

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
alpha0924 said:
Mydnyght said:
Now I'm curious -- what the hell was this "Lunch Tray Incident"?
That's the one you choose to be curious about? Not "The accident with the squirrel" that somehow got him banned from using string?
Since you put it that way... the Lunch Tray Incident did get him banned from potatoes, which to me sounds more intriguing. That means no fries, no poutine... hell, no iPotatoes! That IS bad!

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Wow, nice forced-perspective on the shots. You put a lot of thought into the cinematography. The writing was awesome, too. Great job, guys.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Sporky111 said:
Wow, nice forced-perspective on the shots. You put a lot of thought into the cinematography. The writing was awesome, too. Great job, guys.
Thanks!

The other trick was getting much longer shorts for the scouts. Their shorts all covered the knee, making them look shorter, while my shorts were niiiiiice and high 0_0

The Random One

May 29, 2008
The forced perspective makes me woozy. I was certain that the after-credits stinger would consist of infant-sized Graham being beset by huge boy scouts.

Trisha Lynn

Jan 13, 2010
PayneTrayne said:
My father hates LRR, whenever I listen to podcasts he gets pissy. When I watch Desert Bus he yells at me to turn it off.

I put on this video and he laughed. I think that means you guys win.
Wait, I don't understand this. Why doesn't he like LRR or get pissy when you listen to the podcasts? Do you have headphones?

I can understand if he doesn't get the humor most of the time, but if it's a noise problem, if you watch with headphones on, he can't argue that you're being noisy.