LoadingReadyRun: Self Driving Car

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Self Driving Car

The future of travel is here! Although, to be fair, it's a little quirky.

Watch Video

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
Saw the punch-line coming from a mile away. Still laughed.

People seemed to have quietened down from the whole google+/youtube thing. I wonder how many there are like me, still clinging to the old system at the expense of being allowed to leave comments.

Sould1n

Jan 23, 2011
I got to admit... I completely agree with Paul in this video. Who cares about the bugs, hiccups, and potential crimes it'll cause, it's a self-driving car and that's just awesome. I wouldn't even need to get myself a driving licence for that.

Some good jokes here, nothing incredibly funny per say, but a nice consistent amount of funny moments throughout. That end punchline was completely obvious, but still hilarious, and that one incident towards the end (not wanting to spoil things for people) was just great in how all three reacted.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
shadowxvii said:
Anyone else recognized Cam as the car's voice ?
Nope, totally thought it was someone else. Thanks for pointing that out. Happy to know since I thought all Cam got to do for the whole video was become roadkill. XD

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
shadowxvii said:
Anyone else recognized Cam as the car's voice ?
Oh, that's who it was!! I knew I recognized it, but I couldn't quite place it. It seems pretty obvious now.

jthwilliams

Sep 10, 2009
ewhac said:
Why is the Google self-driving car using an Apple iPad for a display?
Realities of Economy vs. internal consistency for a single video? I thought the same thing then said oh yeah the LLR isn't a huge budget group and iPad is probably just what they had that fit. Though they did have a successful kick starter so perhaps they should have gotten a cheap Android device but then again, but it would be a waste of money just of consistency that not many people would even notice

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
jthwilliams said:
ewhac said:
Why is the Google self-driving car using an Apple iPad for a display?
Realities of Economy vs. internal consistency for a single video? I thought the same thing then said oh yeah the LLR isn't a huge budget group and iPad is probably just what they had that fit. Though they did have a successful kick starter so perhaps they should have gotten a cheap Android device but then again, but it would be a waste of money just of consistency that not many people would even notice
To be fair, Google doesn't care about what device you use, as long as you use its services. Hell, the majority of devs at Google use either Macbooks or Ubuntu Linux.

RazgrizRex

Jul 3, 2014
Sould1n said:
I got to admit... I completely agree with Paul in this video. Who cares about the bugs, hiccups, and potential crimes it'll cause, it's a self-driving car and that's just awesome. I wouldn't even need to get myself a driving licence for that.
Honestly, at the speed the car was driving, I think walking would be a much faster way of travel.

Is it just me or is there a war going on around Google HQ in the stinger? I'm pretty sure I hear automatic fire in the background.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
RazgrizRex said:
Is it just me or is there a war going on around Google HQ in the stinger? I'm pretty sure I hear automatic fire in the background.
So that must explain the Skynet tag.... o_O

RazgrizRex

Jul 3, 2014
Mydnyght said:
RazgrizRex said:
So that must explain the Skynet tag.... o_O
Oh wow, I didn't even notice the tags. Would also explain why the car isn't all that phased about the "roadkill".

Guess I should start paying attention to the tags in more than just Critical Miss then.

Seraj33

Jun 18, 2012
necromanzer52 said:
Saw the punch-line coming from a mile away. Still laughed.

People seemed to have quietened down from the whole google+/youtube thing. I wonder how many there are like me, still clinging to the old system at the expense of being allowed to leave comments.
I am one of them and in all honesty I am grateful that I can't leave comments. It prevents me from responding to or to make stupid comments.