LoadingReadyRun: Socially Awkward

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
I don't know what Orkut is.

I have also never used any of the character portrayed in this video.

Edit:

Especially not this "Kathleen" site I keep hearing so much about.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Okay, my first thought when I saw Graham was that he was playing Vampirefreaks. I was kinda disappointed that he was Myspace.

Also, this video explains why I don't use those sites. I waste enough time on my computer as it is.

Now, to go read today's Cracked articles.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
*insert obnoxious, entitled ranting and bitching about the late update of free, high quality content*

Sorry to hear you guys had trouble, oddly enough I first became aware of it via Susan Arendt's twitter. Horrible day at the office, anyone?

Anyway, that was fantastic- possibly one of my new favourites, and I certainly don't say that lightly!
I wonder who that poor useless site that James was lambasting was....

The writing was A-one and I really hope you get that dude back!
Loved everyone in it.

The twitter stinger was deliciously succinct :p

kodra

Dec 24, 2008
None of the social sites were females because they were all supposed to sound like stalker-y ex-boyfriends.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Vuirneen said:
Hmm, none of the social sites are female? That seems wrong.
We were going for a "websites as skeezy boyfriends" theme, and introducing a former lesbian lover (while something we considered!) would have complicated the joke, not added to it.

Seamus8

Mar 26, 2008
Complicated the joke for sure, but definitely drove home the "website i only used once in college out of curiosity" thing.

milow

May 1, 2010
I enjoyed the humor and commentary. Of course, I had to share this on social media too.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Personally, if I post something on the web, I realize that it is now public information. If you try to channel information to only certain groups of friends, you are just deluding yourself and setting up for unpleasant surprises in the future. Naturally, Facebook is the social network for me.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Graham_LRR said:
Vuirneen said:
We were going for a "websites as skeezy boyfriends" theme, and introducing a former lesbian lover (while something we considered!) would have complicated the joke, not added to it.
You probably already thought of this, but I think something that might have worked is using one of those early teen-based networking sites calling constantly with Kathleen saying they were just both "experimenting" (I say teen-based because it could be like those sleep-away camp stories)

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
VIDEO IS LATE. Video is worth it. No problems, LRR.

Does Google+ really do that? Well crap. I gotta watch myself. What site was the guy at the end?

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Tharwen said:
Vuirneen said:
Nor are any of the LRR cast.

NOT ONE
I like you. You have the ability to twist quotes and make them amazing. In my perfect world, you would get to live.

SensibleCrout

Feb 23, 2010
Awesome Episode. Especially liked Twitter.

I hoped for 4chan in the da capo. That'd be a naked guy in a trenchcoat heavily breathing on the phone over the sound of a revving chainsaw.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
See, some of us anti-social people without public social networking profiles are happy because we don't have to deal with this sh-t.