LoadingReadyRun: Some Kind of Geek

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
As qeeky as I am, I am going to have to go with Matt on the Star-debate. Star Wars for the win. But I think I can redeem and excell my nerdiness with admitting that Judge Dredd kicks both of those out the park.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Could not agree more with the "affinity for inferior consoles" comment. SEGA for life.

Pariahwulfen

Mar 23, 2010
I hate to say this, but I'm a little too similar to Matt's character here, with my obsession with various sports.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
GAH! That's was clearly the 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver! There are 4th Doctor and 10th Doctor sonic screwdrivers available, and you only use the 11th Doctor one!!! NERD RAGE!!!!!

(I have the sonics and even the laser screwdriver!)

Naturality

Feb 23, 2010
JacobdeFries said:
I believe a better line for the 4th Doctor would have been something along the lines of:
I'll show you my jelly babies
or
Let's make some jelly babies

But maybe that's just me.
Agreed. I think that line would've benefited from being a bit more esoteric.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
I personally find if funny that there are so many common elements in Star Wars and Star Trek that are almost functionally identical but very slightly different. Star Trek goes to warp, Star Wars goes into hyper space. Star Trek has antimatter reactors, Star Wars has Hypermatter reactors. My personal favorite is that they both have the Photon torpedo.

They are very similar in many respects, but the feel of each universe is completely different.

Also, Star Trek is so much better it hurts. (I mean that. Star Wars depresses me with its squandered potential.)

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
ritchards said:
GAH! That's was clearly the 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver! There are 4th Doctor and 10th Doctor sonic screwdrivers available, and you only use the 11th Doctor one!!! NERD RAGE!!!!!

We know. It was... it was a failing we had to accept.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
DrOswald said:
I personally find if funny that there are so many common elements in Star Wars and Star Trek that are almost functionally identical but very slightly different. Star Trek goes to warp, Star Wars goes into hyper space. Star Trek has antimatter reactors, Star Wars has Hypermatter reactors. My personal favorite is that they both have the Photon torpedo.
That's 'Proton torpedo' you're thinking of in Star Wars, I believe.

DrOswald

Apr 22, 2011
Flatfrog said:
DrOswald said:
That's 'Proton torpedo' you're thinking of in Star Wars, I believe.
You are, of course, correct.

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
This geek on geek violence has got to stop man!

Also somehow, Mat beating up his roommate feels familiar.
It´s not unappreciated, just.... familiar.

Graham_LRR said:
ritchards said:

We know. It was... it was a failing we had to accept.
How can you people even sleep at night ?

cymonsgames

Dec 17, 2010
Naturality said:
JacobdeFries said:
I believe a better line for the 4th Doctor would have been something along the lines of:
or

Super disapointed that for the 10th Doctor all they came up with is "I guess I'll show you my sonic screwdriver"?! Encyclopedic knowledge of Doctor Who my butt! 10th is an easy one:

"ALLONS-Y"!

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
I am profoundly disappointed. You can't have the 4th Doctor without a Jelly Babies reference.

And there's so much potential in 11's "I wear _____ now, _____'s are cool." Although adding in sexual situations can take it really scary places.

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
cymonsgames said:
Naturality said:
JacobdeFries said:
or

Super disapointed that for the 10th Doctor all they came up with is "I guess I'll show you my sonic screwdriver"?! Encyclopedic knowledge of Doctor Who my butt! 10th is an easy one:

"ALLONS-Y"!
The eleventh is even easier. GERONIMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

rpg1203

Sep 18, 2008
Fifth doctor: ill show you my Celery Stalk
or girlfreinds line
Come here doctor and let Sarah Jane show you her somic lipstick

Metcarfre

Nov 20, 2008
Hi there all, I wrote this.

Here's the extent of my Doctor Who knowledge at the time I wrote the script;

- There Are 11 Doctors, And They Are Numbered (by the fandom?)
- They Wear Different Stuff (scarves?)
- Sonic Screwdriver (?)
- Daleks? (look like tin cans with plungers attached)
- Inspector Spacetime >>> Doctor Who