LoadingReadyRun: Some Kind of Geek

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
ewhac said:
Daaaah Whoosh said:
The Enterprise would totally win in a fight, but Star Destroyers have better hallways.
And a better bridge.
Oh, would you be referring to that bridge which, when impacted by a single A-wing fighter, takes down [em]the entire destroyer[/em]? Or would I be thinking of the [em]even larger[/em] Super Star Destroyer?
You've got me with that one, it was the Super Star Destroyer I was thinking of. And even though it was destroyed by a single A-wing, it had WINDOWS. All the Enterprise had was a viewscreen, and possibly some windows on the ceiling that no one ever looked at.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Metcarfre said:
Hi there all, I wrote this.

Here's the extent of my Doctor Who knowledge at the time I wrote the script;

- There Are 11 Doctors, And They Are Numbered (by the fandom?)
- They Wear Different Stuff (scarves?)
- Sonic Screwdriver (?)
- Daleks? (look like tin cans with plungers attached)
- Inspector Spacetime >>> Doctor Who
You just about hit the nail on the head with that one..

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Graham_LRR said:
ritchards said:
GAH! That's was clearly the 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver! There are 4th Doctor and 10th Doctor sonic screwdrivers available, and you only use the 11th Doctor one!!! NERD RAGE!!!!!

(I have the sonics and even the laser screwdriver!)
We know. It was... it was a failing we had to accept.
So long as you spent an appropriate amount of time in the box for that blasphemy!
In fact why are you not still in the box? Get back in there!

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Pfft.

The TARDIS is infinitely better than anything from Star Wars or Star Trek.

Doctor Who wins!

btw, dat plunger.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Amateurs!

Real geeks play Rogue on Plan9, those unfortunates that don't own a PDP-10 at least.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
cymonsgames said:
Naturality said:
JacobdeFries said:
I believe a better line for the 4th Doctor would have been something along the lines of:
I'll show you my jelly babies
or
Let's make some jelly babies

But maybe that's just me.
Agreed. I think that line would've benefited from being a bit more esoteric.
Super disapointed that for the 10th Doctor all they came up with is "I guess I'll show you my sonic screwdriver"?! Encyclopedic knowledge of Doctor Who my butt! 10th is an easy one:

"ALLONS-Y"!
I agree wholeheartedly. Even with my vastly limited knowledge of the show, that was my first thought as well.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
blackrave said:
OMG, you all are wrong
Everyone knows that Stargate makes more sense
Who need big unpractical tin cans, if all we need is teleporting squads of soldiers and taking out enemy ships from inside.
Sounds like somebody only watched the first few seasons...

Since SG1, Atlantis, both started to increasingly feature ships as the series progressed.

OT: Go Canucks!

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
Damn, Matt looks like he's losing weight and geeting in shape. Good for you.

alpha0924

Mar 12, 2011
Hitchmeister said:
I am profoundly disappointed. You can't have the 4th Doctor without a Jelly Babies reference.

And there's so much potential in 11's "I wear _____ now, _____'s are cool." Although adding in sexual situations can take it really scary places.

I wear vaginas now. Vaginas a- you know what. I think I'll just see myself out now.

Trisha Lynn

Jan 13, 2010
cymonsgames said:
Naturality said:
JacobdeFries said:
I believe a better line for the 4th Doctor would have been something along the lines of:
I'll show you my jelly babies
or
Let's make some jelly babies

But maybe that's just me.
Agreed. I think that line would've benefited from being a bit more esoteric.
Super disapointed that for the 10th Doctor all they came up with is "I guess I'll show you my sonic screwdriver"?!
'Round these parts, we call that "repetition of stock phrase for increasing comedic effect when compared to the costumes/our expectations/the girlfriend-character's increasing taste for weird Doctor Who fetish."

That's RSP4ICEwC2C/E/G-CIT4WDoctorWhoF for short.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Why must we fight over Star Wars v Star Trek?! Can't we all just get along? I also fully agree with Matt when it comes to Die Hard

-M

P.S Kathleen saying "Oh No Mr. Dalek, don't Sexterminate me!" is now my new ringtone

-M

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
I find this situation completely unbelievable. I actually HAD a Call of Duty playing, sports fan, douche bag roommate in college. The guy playing that role in this video is WAY too articulate.

Also, it shames me that there are Star Wars fans who believe a Star Destroyer could beat the Enterprise D (a number of them probably still moan about the prequels). I like Star Trek, but love Star Wars, but I admit that the Enterprise could destroy the entire Imperial fleet on its own due to 1: Its weapons being able to fire accurately from a longer range and 2: Lasers being unable to even penetrate the navigation shields.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Dimitriov said:
blackrave said:
OMG, you all are wrong
Everyone knows that Stargate makes more sense
Who need big unpractical tin cans, if all we need is teleporting squads of soldiers and taking out enemy ships from inside.
Sounds like somebody only watched the first few seasons...

Since SG1, Atlantis, both started to increasingly feature ships as the series progressed.

OT: Go Canucks!
Nope, previously I watched episodes non-regularly, but now I'm re-watching them one by another, currently I am at season 4.
Anyway, SGC relaying on ships seems just wrong

(also never watched Atlantis- is it any good?)

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
Pretty neat show, but I have to say - Paul's acting just wasn't up to snuff in this one.

Also, mmm, 10th doctor...