LoadingReadyRun: Superficial Intelligence

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Superficial Intelligence

A game's AI may seem stupid, but that's just because you don't understand it.

Watch Video

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Valid points all around!
No massive LOL moment, but a constant smile on my lips the whole time is also good ;)

Jan 12, 2012
And here I was expecting the reveal that Kathleen was actually working for the game company as an undercover PR agent, desperately trying to convince people that the game is actually fun.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Ah "bickering Kathleen". Always a fun character to watch. :)

Thunderous Cacophony said:
And here I was expecting the reveal that Kathleen was actually working for the game company as an undercover PR agent, desperately trying to convince people that the game is actually fun.
That would have been pretty brilliant.

Or it could have turned out that Kathleen was part of the A.I. in one of those Matrix "woah!" moments. The lazy developers were flummoxed in trying to create adaptive combat A.I. so they just put in a contrarian "partner character" who would vehemently defend the game to the bitter end.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Ok.. I've made it 2 minutes before I had to come here and say STOP WAVING THAT UZI AROUND LIKE THAT!!! AAAAH! Gun Safety!

*breathes deeply

Ok, back to the clip

Conan_Edogawa

Apr 14, 2009
ZZoMBiE13 said:

Or it could have turned out that Kathleen was part of the A.I. in one of those Matrix "woah!" moments. The lazy developers were flummoxed in trying to create adaptive combat A.I. so they just put in a contrarian "partner character" who would vehemently defend the game to the bitter end.
I was actually expecting something more like Kathleen turning out to be an alien, and at the end she reports back about how successful the humans were in replicating their behavior patterns.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Conan_Edogawa said:
ZZoMBiE13 said:

I was actually expecting something more like Kathleen turning out to be an alien, and at the end she reports back about how successful the humans were in replicating their behavior patterns.
Kathleen is an alien?
Kathleen always says she's a Romanian Princess?
Romanians are from another planet!
TRUTH!

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I think have that exact tactical vest, right down to the Velcro shotgun shell holder on the right breast pocket. UTG brand?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Taking over the world through Adorableness? Pinky and the Brain should have tried that years ago!

Groverfield

Jul 4, 2011
Darth_Payn said:
Taking over the world through Adorableness? Pinky and the Brain should have tried that years ago!
How do you think furbies came about? They would've succeeded if you could teach them to smoke and cuss.

Temporal_distortion

Nov 29, 2013
Conan_Edogawa said:
Yeah, same here...

I mean they'd imprisoned Paul at the tunnel entrance constantly killing a simple minded drone whilst they obviously moved on to more nefarious deeds elsewhere

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Makabriel said:
Ok.. I've made it 2 minutes before I had to come here and say STOP WAVING THAT UZI AROUND LIKE THAT!!! AAAAH! Gun Safety!

*breathes deeply

Ok, back to the clip
It's OK, their in a game, people in games practice no gun safety. Well except maybe police quest.

Jesterscup

Sep 9, 2014
Perhaps the alien intelligence is simply mind-controlling too many humans, going beyond it's limits and having to ignore some of the drones...

by this logic getting the hero's to kill some of them ( by sending them out of the tunnel 1 by 1 for the hero's to shoot), is actually helping to fulfil it's dastardly plan..

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
I know that if I were a villain in a video game I would try to do something to distract the hero. letting the hero kill 25 men (well, the same man 25 times anyway) in 30 minutes is better than killing a sizable percentage of my forces in 5 minutes.

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
Jesterscup said:
Perhaps the alien intelligence is simply mind-controlling too many humans, going beyond it's limits and having to ignore some of the drones...

by this logic getting the hero's to kill some of them ( by sending them out of the tunnel 1 by 1 for the hero's to shoot), is actually helping to fulfil it's dastardly plan..
you know this could be a very good explanation of why enemies get harder in games. the mastermind just controls them easier!

OT: it was lovely video. still hoped for some huge reveal at the end. but a good video nonetheless

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Conan_Edogawa said:
ZZoMBiE13 said:

Kathleen is an alien?
Kathleen always says she's a Romanian Princess?
Romanians are from another planet!
TRUTH!
Don't you watch Star Trek? Romanians are one of the "bad guy" races along with the Cling-ons and Kardashians.

Spyre2k

Apr 9, 2013
Kathleen reminded me of the typical fanboy trying to defend their favorite IP by excusing all the issues it has and trying to spin them in a positive light.