LoadingReadyRun: The Couch

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
The Couch

Sometimes, it's pretty obvious when you've made a poor choice.

Watch Video

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
I was worried when he locked the couch up inside the storage unit and threw away the key. In my version the next scene would be waking up inside the locked storage unit on the couch.

AnanziP1

Pyrachnid General
Nov 20, 2009
That one was amazing! A lot different than your guys' normal style and I really liked it. Definitely a contender for one of my favourites. Good work!

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
A couch in the middle of nowhere wouldn't even crack the top 10 of bad places I've woken up after drinking. Hell, I could use some new furniture, and I could think of worse ways to get it.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Hitchmeister said:
I was worried when he locked the couch up inside the storage unit and threw away the key. In my version the next scene would be waking up inside the locked storage unit on the couch.
I was thinking the same thing!

OT: Loved this one guys. Your videos are always brilliant but I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard. To be honest I'm not sure why... I guess the concept is so bizarre it appeals to my sense of humour!

Rogjah

Dec 5, 2012
Hitchmeister said:
I was thinking the same thing. I like what they did though.

So, while all the furniture was outside did you guys film an outdoor episode of Feed Dump?

Jan 12, 2012
cricket chirps said:
XD Ok, I demand an explanation!
The second time he's there, one of his flip flops falls to the ground. The third time, that flip flop (as well as the shoes he was wearing) are gone. Conclusion: The couch eats shoes to power it's arcane AA enchantments.

cjacks

Aug 10, 2012
Oh my god....I am literally sitting on that same couch right now......spooky

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I think this is my favourite in a long time. I just love it.

He really should have started exploiting it for the physics breaking goodness. If you dig a large ramp from the sofa in the field and then keep rolling down it whilst drinking booze you can actually say you're delaying the inevitable heat death of the universe.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Hitchmeister said:
I was thinking that was going to happen too, but that would be a bit dark, so I'm glad they had a more "happy" funny ending.

Side note: Why do all his friends give him alcohol when he says he drank too much the night before? I'm no expert on hangovers, but something tells me more alcohol isn't a good cure.

OldGrover

Nov 10, 2009
Imp Emissary said:
Hitchmeister said:
I was thinking that was going to happen too, but that would be a bit dark, so I'm glad they had a more "happy" funny ending.

Side note: Why do all his friends give him alcohol when he says he drank too much the night before? I'm no expert on hangovers, but something tells me more alcohol isn't a good cure.
No, but it is a traditional one. That's where "hair of the dog" comes from - the full phrase is "hair of the dog that bit you", ie, more of what got you into the mess in the first place.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
OldGrover said:
Imp Emissary said:
Hitchmeister said:

No, but it is a traditional one. That's where "hair of the dog" comes from - the full phrase is "hair of the dog that bit you", ie, more of what got you into the mess in the first place.
Ah. I see. I've heard of that phrase before.
Kind of like "fight fire with fire". Only more like, "heal a burn with napalm".

:D Thanks for the insight.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Hands down one of my favorite videos in a while!

When James first woke up in the field, I was wondering if this was LRR's rendition of the new Old Boy trailer. While a LRR inspired Old Boy would be...something...I'm happy to say I left satisfied

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
That was a great Twilight Zone-esque episode. Really dipping into some spooky-horror stuff, up until the chair, then I just burst out laughing.

Tono Makt

Mar 24, 2012
I have no idea if there is a deeper message to this video but I love it at face value. There's just something awesome about pointing out that "Non-Alcoholic" beer still has some alcohol in it!

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Imp Emissary said:
Hitchmeister said:

Hard alcohol numbs certain senses, so a small amount is effective against hangovers.

Why would you bring alcoholic chocolates to a teetolers(sp?) house?

He needs one more chair for the other side of that table. Also, I think this counts as a superpower.

ClockworkPenguin

Mar 29, 2012
unacomn said:
That was a great Twilight Zone-esque episode. Really dipping into some spooky-horror stuff, up until the chair, then I just burst out laughing.
"The Ooter Limits" surely. :p

Yeah, I went there.

I loved him slowly building a suite at the end. This is one of the classics.