LoadingReadyRun: The Couch

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Imp Emissary said:
OldGrover said:
Imp Emissary said:
Hitchmeister said:
I was worried when he locked the couch up inside the storage unit and threw away the key. In my version the next scene would be waking up inside the locked storage unit on the couch.
I was thinking that was going to happen too, but that would be a bit dark, so I'm glad they had a more "happy" funny ending.

Side note: Why do all his friends give him alcohol when he says he drank too much the night before? I'm no expert on hangovers, but something tells me more alcohol isn't a good cure.
No, but it is a traditional one. That's where "hair of the dog" comes from - the full phrase is "hair of the dog that bit you", ie, more of what got you into the mess in the first place.
Ah. I see. I've heard of that phrase before.
Kind of like "fight fire with fire". Only more like, "heal a burn with napalm".

:D Thanks for the insight.
Huh. I thought by the flask that they were just referring to some good ole' Mad Dog 20-20.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
This is a great piece of writing and I love the part at the end where he starts eating liqueurs while already on the couch and starts summoning the rest of the room :)

qwagor

Mar 18, 2009
Well, mister Saunders, the way your mind works is simply marvelous. Brilliant episode.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
This one was great. I loved it when he started instantaneously getting transported to the couch and it just got better from there. Whale Dong and all that :)

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
And the award of worsd super power of all time goes too

*drum roll*

Bursting into flames apun being looked at... oh, well this is a close second.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Bwahaha, I love the LRR's, but this one was especially hilarious.

Also, James Stingers...pshaw...the whole episode is rife with James!!!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Hitchmeister said:
I was worried when he locked the couch up inside the storage unit and threw away the key. In my version the next scene would be waking up inside the locked storage unit on the couch.
Glad I'm not the only one who went there.

I was like "NOOOOOOOOO!"

Trisha Lynn

Jan 13, 2010
This is just one of those concepts that explains and explores why sketch comedy?and pre-recorded sketch comedy at that?can do some things that live improv can't. Whale Dong, people. Whale dong.

P.S. Escapist Forums, what do you have against the all-mighty em-dash?

AngelSword

Castles & Chemo Founder
Oct 19, 2008
Y'know, for a second, I thought LRR was going all serious and allegorical about the dangers of alcohol abuse. >_>

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
If you can't beat'em, join'em, right?

If I were him, I would've taken the furniture home. I mean free stuff which I believe aliens probably invested on HAS to be good quality :)

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
that guy would have to move somewhere that won't let a drop of alcohol touch his body, but I can't think of where that could be.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
I would certainly start drinking if this is what happened.

Hilarious otherwise. Glad it didn't go into the over-the-top mode in its ending with him destroying the couch with grnades and swearing a lot.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
The couch doesn't always take you where you want to go, but it will take you to where you need to go. In this case, new furniture.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Well this one was certainly surreal... makes you wonder how it worked in-universe.

I guess he was well on his way to just making a new house out there though, just have to work out a way to bring through walls, floors, a ceiling and possibly a car...