LoadingReadyRun: The Couch

Rorro

Dec 27, 2011
kailus13 said:
Imp Emissary said:
Hitchmeister said:
I was worried when he locked the couch up inside the storage unit and threw away the key. In my version the next scene would be waking up inside the locked storage unit on the couch.
I was thinking that was going to happen too, but that would be a bit dark, so I'm glad they had a more "happy" funny ending.

Side note: Why do all his friends give him alcohol when he says he drank too much the night before? I'm no expert on hangovers, but something tells me more alcohol isn't a good cure.
Hard alcohol numbs certain senses, so a small amount is effective against hangovers.

Why would you bring alcoholic chocolates to a teetolers(sp?) house?

He needs one more chair for the other side of that table. Also, I think this counts as a superpower.
Yeah... Since being hungover is being chemically imbalanced (i.e. mostly wickedly dehydrated), with some alcohol (depending on the hangover) you can sort of balance it out. Of course, it depends how severe the hangover is, sometimes... you just wake up in a couch in the middle of nowhere with the sun hitting your face... oh, wait...

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
This is an exploit. If he keeps doing it he will get perma-banned.

Look for the silver lining here. James has proven that he can transport objects with him to the couch. Time to take up a teleporting life of drunken looting. "Excuse me Sir Uppencommence, may I hold your 2kg diamond for just a second whilst adorned with this balaclava and sipping this mint julip?"

Lyvric

Nov 29, 2011
I was slightly scared but doubting the locked up couch because I think it was the same couch he was sitting on indoors. If the couch has multiple cushions, could he teleport other people after drinking? This would be a fun curse or cursed item to put in an rpg.

Groverfield

Jul 4, 2011
The second he locked the couch in the storage, I thought it was going to end up being a trailer for a new Silent Hill 5: The Couch

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
Question. When he ate the chocolate he was transported to the couch in summertime. Was he teleported back in time, forward in time, or to a tropical location?

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Varya said:
Question. When he ate the chocolate he was transported to the couch in summertime. Was he teleported back in time, forward in time, or to a tropical location?
They live in Victoria BC, it's on the coast, it's like that year round.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I felt like it was a very strong joke.

It had a main joke and explored it to the limits of reality without killing it. It also made for a gripping narrative. It was also fun trying to second guess when you're working out what's the next source of alcohol is.

Rubberbandninja

Sep 30, 2009
My question is... does someone else LOSE their couch for a while every time he drinks?

I was hoping that would be the stinger, Paul standing in a living room wondering where his couch keeps going.

ClassWar

Mar 11, 2011
How is there not a single comment on how this is basically shadow of memories with beer instead of death?
Am i the only one who got that vibe?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
If only it was this simple in real life....

Hitchmeister said:
I was worried when he locked the couch up inside the storage unit and threw away the key. In my version the next scene would be waking up inside the locked storage unit on the couch.
thats exactly what i though as well. sadly not utilized :( would have been a great ending.

ClassWar said:
How is there not a single comment on how this is basically shadow of memories with beer instead of death?
Am i the only one who got that vibe?
I saw like 10 movies/tv show episdes that utilize pretty much same thing except with dealth/bank robbery/ect instead of beer. theres plenty of exampels to pick.

Pinkscare

Wearin' Steam Badges
Jul 19, 2013
I thought he would end up in the storage box on the couch. Pretty funny. It reminded me of college.

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
He should totally have started selling those couches. He'd make huge profits off all of them. Then he could take it to the next level, and build a furniture warehouse next to the wake-up zone.

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
Namechangeday said:
If you can't beat'em, join'em, right?

If I were him, I would've taken the furniture home. I mean free stuff which I believe aliens probably invested on HAS to be good quality :)
My impression is that the same couch is teleported to the field along with him every time, so no couch-accumulation possible.