LoadingReadyRun: The Whole Story: Batteries

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
The Whole Story: Batteries

Learn more about batteries -- how they were invented, what they're made of, and how many people they've

Watch Video

cjacks

Aug 10, 2012
Watched Frozen Yogurt video first on youtube....makes much more sense now

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
I love the clever mix of actual facts and pure nonsense here.
Great going again guys and great writing Paul!

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
JenSeven said:
Lord Draenor said:
Love the mix of real fact with utter nonsense. And you are funny Paul! You're still funny!
WHAT THE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

OT:
I love these. Especially when I know literally nothing about the subject. Now I have to actually separate facts from fiction. Damn you! DAAAMN YOUUU!

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
Calm down Ferisar! Just get a frozen yogurt and all things will be better!

But don't spill battery fluid on it!

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
So, according to this video, ancient Mesopotamian batteries were better at keeping my laptop powered than the one that shipped with it. Why must we have regressed so?

Also, I too want frozen yogurt.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
The scary thing about this video is that there is an awful lot of real world facts mixed in here, so you don't know where the crazy starts and the truth begins // Plus all that stuff about pots at the beginning sound plausible. . . I'm so confused right now. . . I think I need some of this frozen yogurt to help me through it

-M

Jan 12, 2012
The Grim Ace said:
So, according to this video, ancient Mesopotamian batteries were better at keeping my laptop powered than the one that shipped with it. Why must we have regressed so?
Why do we no longer possess divine boxes that can melt Nazi faces? Some things will forever remain a mystery.

OT: As much as I loved the video, I couldn't pay attention; the whole time I was muttering to myself, "There's no such date as 0 AD."

Aug 31, 2012
Heh. That was good. The Intro sequence was perfect, you got the "we're a serious factual programme doing serious academic research" montage just right.

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
The Whole Story episodes are always funny and that stinger had me in stitches.
Well done guys, another great sketch.

Also the link at the very end of the video leads to a 4 minute video of them eating frozen yogurt.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Ferisar said:
I love these. Especially when I know literally nothing about the subject. Now I have to actually separate facts from fiction. Damn you! DAAAMN YOUUU!
It makes you laugh, think, and probably laugh some more.

But will we ever really know...The Whole Story?

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
The closest frozen yogurt place I know is too far away for me to walk to :(
Great job as always. Now, where did I leave those batteries for my bipedal robot.....

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Geisterkarle said:
Calm down Ferisar! Just get a frozen yogurt and all things will be better!

But don't spill battery fluid on it!
I hear frozen yogurt, a.k.a. Frogurt, goes excellent with lead.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Is it weird that a part of me was actually interested in hearing the history of batteries?

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Ferisar said:
JenSeven said:
Lord Draenor said:
Love the mix of real fact with utter nonsense. And you are funny Paul! You're still funny!
WHAT THE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
I agree with the screaming person. I was very confused, and am now staring at my batteries with dazzlement and suspicion.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
MrCollins said:
The Whole Story episodes are always funny and that stinger had me in stitches.
Well done guys, another great sketch.

Also the link at the very end of the video leads to a 4 minute video of them eating frozen yogurt.
So does that put this sketch on par with Avengers?

OT: I really really hope that in the distant future, when everything is in ruins and the survivors must dig through what remains of the internet to find out what the past was like, that they find these videos and make them historically true. ^_^ Because for all we know, that is already a tradition with our history!