LoadingReadyRun: The Whole Story: Desert Bus

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
The Whole Story: Desert Bus

Learn the length and breadth of this horrible game's history.

Watch Video

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
A quick break from Desert Bus t watch this, and was not disappointed. I love the Whole Story. Another great video and now back to watching you all suffer. Mwahaha

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Tharwen said:
[http://img.ie/]

D:
You're not the only one, bro. Hell, I get this nearly every time I try to watch an Escapist video here at school. Must be my school's firewall.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
The Whole Story: Still too accurate to be shown on the History Channel

Also, I am very disappointed that no one at LLR has had bugs pressed into their eyes as of yet.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Tharwen said:
*snipped*

D:
TLS14 said:
*snipped again*

You're not the only one, bro. Hell, I get this nearly every time I try to watch an Escapist video here at school. Must be my school's firewall.
If you're using an older version of a browser, update it, I was holding on to an older version of Firefox, the newest version clears that right up

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
But, "There's no stinger this week. Because, 'Desert Bus.'" is, in fact, a stinger. This will be known henceforth as the "Desert Bus" paradox, and trouble great minds for ages to come.

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
High quality stream not found. Guess it's back to standard quality ground pounding.

PS. Do I hear the music from the Graphs video in there?

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Tharwen said:
[http://img.ie/]

D:
Yeah, high quality stream is geborken for me too.:(

TLS14 said:
Tharwen said:
An oddly specific firewall, letting the site but not the video server through. If you copy the URL out and paste it into your browser does it come up as a page reading "File not found" or do you get a warning page from your school's proxy (or whatever it normally does)?

TheLastSamurai14

Mar 23, 2011
Fayathon said:
If you're using an older version of a browser, update it, I was holding on to an older version of Firefox, the newest version clears that right up
Formica Archonis said:
File not found. The proxy has never refused The Escapist from what I've seen.

Sometimes the site gets loaded oddly, though, with elements in the wrong places or the formatting missing, and the stream errors happen on each video for a day or two before never happening again.

I used to get these kinds of errors when my home PC was running Firefox 3, though. I think that using Firefox 4 might clear things up, like Fayathon said. I'll edit this post with my result in a bit.

EDIT: It works now! Thanks, guys!

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
I don't think "Stream not found" is a problem on our end. At least not if all the other videos are working for you. When it happens, it's always with newly released videos and they usually fix it in a few hours.

TheLastSamurai14

Mar 23, 2011
Yal said:
I don't think "Stream not found" is a problem on our end. At least not if all the other videos are working for you. When it happens, it's always with newly released videos and they usually fix it in a few hours.
Well, it's fixed now. Perhaps it really IS on The Escapist's end. And you know what?

Kross said:
Should be fixed, sorry.
I blame you. :p

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
Yal said:
I have the 'stream not found' message all the time. But i tracked it to my work's security system. Any file that has to be downloaded will be checked by a proxy server first, then sent over to the requesting PC. Since Escapist uses flash to serve full MP4 files instead of a true stream, it acts like a file download. Then the flash application times out while the incoming file is being vetted.

I got around this problem by copying the full text of the 'stream not found' message, extracting the full url and entering that into my browser. Bypasses the flash application and is a true file download. Then i just save it to my desktop and play it with MPC.

Not saying that this will fix the problem, but extracting the video URL can't hurt.