LoadingReadyRun: The Whole Story: Pants

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Dang! Paul is so B-A for being able to do the Hammer Dance, keep a straight face, and STILL continue to narrate with nary a hitch!

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Don Reba said:
Good work, Leelee!

The stinger was all kinds of awesome. But, in all seriousness, people, look up the history of belts [http://shkrobius.livejournal.com/398013.html]. There are still people alive who remember the time before belts.
I think you misread it, belts have been around since ancient Rome. What the article is saying is how long it took us to figure out that we should use a belt to tie our pants up. That was just a recent development.

OT: I love the pants Paul, but where is the comedy in this video? Was it just purely a history lesson? And who knew that dinosaurs could make pants let alone wear them!

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
barbzilla said:
I think you misread it, belts have been around since ancient Rome. What the article is saying is how long it took us to figure out that we should use a belt to tie our pants up. That was just a recent development.
I thought adding too many qualifications to the pitch would spoil it. I still find it amazing, though, that it took humankind this long to figure out this way of keeping our pants from falling down!

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
Don Reba said:
barbzilla said:
I thought adding too many qualifications to the pitch would spoil it. I still find it amazing, though, that it took humankind this long to figure out this way of keeping our pants from falling down!
It is amazing how often the simple solution will evade mankind. The funny thing is I am willing to be people have been doing it for hundreds of years, but the people that did it either were not famous enough to get it to catch on as a fashion style, or people never noticed it and asked about it.

VoodooPuppeteer

May 28, 2011
Just to get in there early and give Paul time to prepare: "Dr. Paul - will you please perform the dance routine from MC Hammer's U Can't Touch This in parachute pants, perhaps with suitable female backing dancers and a guest cameo appearance by J-Man?" Really looking forward to Desert Bus this year :D

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
I really don't get these videos. Yes, they're amusing, but why? Do we always seek to make history more fantastical and ridiculous than it actually is? Because plenty of history is already pretty crazy like that.
The mere concept of fictional non-fiction is confusing to me.