Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Alahmnat said:
devilofthemist said:
Zipa said:
I love these sketches because of how outrageously wrong they are but the delivery of Paul could really convince someone that its all accurate.
the thing is, this one is kind of plausible so i bet you could convince the average consumer this was true, well paul could, he is science
I managed to get a friend of mine through all of "SPAM" and half of "Fire Hydrant" before she caught on that it was all just a huge pile of nonsense.

It was glorious. XD
Wow. Paul could probably use his abilities for some powerful propaganda.

May he use his powers for evil....I MEAN GOOD!!

Al_

Aug 15, 2008
Alexander Cunningham said:
What exactly is wrong with how we say aluminium? Bloody racists.
There's absolutely nothing wrong. It's the upstart colonials that both spell and pronounce it wrongly

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
devilofthemist said:
Zipa said:
I love these sketches because of how outrageously wrong they are but the delivery of Paul could really convince someone that its all accurate.
the thing is, this one is kind of plausible so i bet you could convince the average consumer this was true, well paul could, he is science
The trick is using enough real facts to obscure the false ones.
Look up JJ Berzelius, he did a lot of that stuff, and a TON of other amazing things. Like naming "protein" and "polymers" and notating elements.

Stephen Park

Apr 6, 2010
Given the unlikely but possible interaction with aliens in our lifetime, I would endevour to show them all of these "Whole Story" videos in lieu of actually teaching them history, Another excellent video gentlemen!

Stormtyrant

Nov 5, 2011
Alexander Cunningham said:
What exactly is wrong with how we say aluminium? Bloody racists.
All they need to do is check the spelling - there's an i in it.

Also: See 'herbs'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6lJGD3Q9Qs

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Nothing but wonderfully naughty images come to mind when I hear Paul's authoritative tones say "liver diddling".

OZITOMAI

Jul 8, 2009
that was awesome, the t-virus? that explains alot, also i really want to see a 3rd season of rapidfire, that was an amaziing series

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
I wonder if lrr has any The Whole Story shirts.

I'm thinking the caption "Remember, you may not know the whole story" with a picture of a fat monk drinking out of a jacuzzi with a straw.....or a fire hydra.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I have no idea how Paul manages to make some of these claims with a straight face. I imagine there are about a dozen thrown away takes of him just cracking up as he makes a claim about some of these ridiculous "facts".

So, when do we get a The Whole Story about jacuzzies? Pop better be mentioned in there.

TheLazyGeek

Nov 7, 2009
"...reactions to this new invention of carbonated water were flat..."
My immediate reaction was

I was expecting it, but it still managed to catch me off guard. Well played.

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
T-Virus huh? Good thing I have my acid rounds, they're very powerful especially against living things.

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Awesome. But theres one bug. One that gets me every time I read or hear it...

ALUMINIUM! Not aluminum. AluminIum!

EDIT:

Oh wait. Watched rest of video, acknowledges English pronunciation and spelling. Evidence of proper research shows that Paul is indeed, best scientist and historian.

Chasmodius

Rogue Commentator
Jan 13, 2010
So I guess Victoria, BC is a "pop" area? I grew up with "pop," then moved to a place where it was "soda," and now I'm living in a rural area near the Southern US where it's either "coke" (an abomination of nomenclature, in my eyes) or "cola," which isn't so bad. I've given up glaring at my wife every time she calls her Dr. Pepper "coke." *sigh*
Also:
I am now frightened of "liver diddling."
And:
The distant first-name-relation running gag made me laugh heartily.

PS: www.popvssoda.com [http://www.popvssoda.com] is really interesting!

PPS: Is "Johnny Blakeborough" a real person? If so, tell him he has an awesome name!

Landrius

Feb 14, 2011
Idlemessiah said:
Awesome. But theres one bug. One that gets me every time I read or hear it...

ALUMINIUM! Not aluminum. AluminIum!

EDIT:

Oh wait. Watched rest of video, acknowledges English pronunciation and spelling. Evidence of proper research shows that Paul is indeed, best scientist and historian.
Either one works, at least if we're going by Dictionary.com. There's the European English spelling and there's the Colonial English spelling. I made up those distinctions but I think they're accurate enough to convey the point. Although I'm curious as to why Canada has held onto "colour" over "color" yet they use "aluminum" over "aluminium".

Considering that language as a whole is an agreement between groups of people that certain words mean the same thing, we ought to be flexible in realizing that different English cultures can lead to slight variations and that no one variation is more "true" than any of the others. Especially given that language is an ever-evolving thing. We don't use nearly the same English that Shakespeare used, for example.

That said; loved the video. The Whole Story is always awesome with the way it can bend the truth to the breaking point while covering it with tasty, tasty lies.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Chasmodius said:
So I guess Victoria, BC is a "pop" area? I grew up with "pop," then moved to a place where it was "soda," and now I'm living in a rural area near the Southern US where it's either "coke" (an abomination of nomenclature, in my eyes) or "cola," which isn't so bad. I've given up glaring at my wife every time she calls her Dr. Pepper "coke." *sigh*
She is incredibly lucky to have met such a tolerant person as you. :D