Lollipop Chainsaw Aims to Provide A "Fun, Happy" Zombie Experience

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Hevva said:
One of the game's biggest draws will be Juliet, its scantily-clad cheerleading heroine. "I wanted to give birth to a video game heroine who supersedes past female video game characters, so here Juliet makes her debut!" enthused Suda51.
A scantily clad, conventionally attractive white heroine?

Fucking hell, what an idea! How did nobody think of this before?

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I can't wait. This game is sounding better and better.
You know why i can't wait for this game and you should know the voice actress for the main character is none other than Tara Strong also known for her roles as Twilight Sparkle, Princess Clara, Toots and Timmy Turner.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Here's a video of the pax demo, so you can all take what you like from it, as stated in the video gameplay starts at 3:19, before that Vash12349 (a great LPer btw, shameless plug har har) talks about what he thought of it, since you can't hear very well in the vid

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
I saw a trailer for this game in Gamestop today. Zombies explode into hearts and confetti when killed.

There was a disco rock boss where they were fighting on a dance floor.

It all looks very...epic.

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
You know, I sometimes wonder if Suda is just toying with us. As far as wierd things go this sounds somewhat tame, which oddly enough seems to be the pace he's going at. I've yet to see gameplay, so I can't say for sure whether or not it will be a bad game to play (based on my experiences it can vary rapidly, although never really reach "amazing" gameplay), but based on everything put out to us right now it seems like the type of game where Suda actually laughs at everyone who buys this game. I suppose color me cautious, without the optimism.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
*Ahem*

Stubbs the Zombie.

There, a not-so-grim zombie game. The game is tons of fun too.

Also, call me a party pooper but I don't see how that heroine exceeds past heroine models. She wears a bikini and uses heavy machinery. Looks more like a Miss August photo shoot to me.

But alright, it's Suda51. I'll still give it a shot. I don't suppose it would be fair to be so harsh when I haven't even played the game.

coates32

Jun 10, 2011
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
You had me at hello.

Do you think adding a unicorn to that would be a bit much or too quirky? Because I'd imagine her riding it as she's killing people with her chainsaw.
I don't think anything is "too quirky" for Suda to put in his games. I kind of like your unicorn idea. I personally can't wait for this game to come out.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Beautiful End said:
*Ahem*

Stubbs the Zombie.

There, a not-so-grim zombie game. The game is tons of fun too.
I came to this thread to say the same thing.

Its fun and adorable.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
coates32 said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
You had me at hello.

Do you think adding a unicorn to that would be a bit much or too quirky? Because I'd imagine her riding it as she's killing people with her chainsaw.
I don't think anything is "too quirky" for Suda to put in his games. I kind of like your unicorn idea. I personally can't wait for this game to come out.
Too true, and I wouldn't be surprised if they kept something out of telling the press as to "surprise" us, they know no bounds to their quirkiness. I can't help but think it's Buffy only in a zombie scenario, and much more perky.

I can imagine the unicorn looking so majestic and amazing while she sits on it while both of them are covered in blood.....I should probably stop watching so many Evil Dead movies.....

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
"Buffy on steroids with rainbows" was my first thought, too. I just hope it's a game I wouldn't be ashamed to tell another living soul I owned...

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Hmm... zombies, rainbows and chainsaws...

That honestly doesn't feel very happy. More psychotic...

HydraMoon

From high atop the treehouse
May 3, 2011
"I wanted to give birth to a video game heroine who supersedes past female video game characters, so here Juliet makes her debut!" enthused Suda51.

I laughed about this statement for about five minutes. White, skinny, no pants wearing cheerleader? You push the boundaries TOO far, sir!

Put some damn pants on her and then we'll talk about superseding past character design.

EmzOLV

Oct 20, 2010
This looks like it could be too much fun.

The only thing I'm not sure about is how committed to a game like this I'd be - would I get bored of it too quickly?

Either way, I'm definitely up for giving this a go. It also looks a bit like I could get my button bash on and I'm never afraid of that.

ipop@you

Oct 3, 2008
Want! Much! Yes! Please!
Back to English, this is the first I've hear of this game and it looks good. Anyone know any more about it (release date, platforms etc.)

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
Finally, a zombie game for people who are tired of zombie games.

Suda51, great to see you again.