Long-Term Lifegoals?

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
So, escapists i have a question for you. What are your long-term goals in life?

It could be reaching economic stability (getting rich), achieving sucess in your buisness/career, having a loving wife and family, sucess/growth in an creative or athletic pursuit, finding someone to love or simply experiencing as many interesting and pleasurable things you can.

In short, what drives you forward in life?

You probably want to achieve several of these but pick the one you feel are the most important. Or rank them if you feel you absolutely can't choose.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Get enough money where I can start up an indie game studio as a side project.
I've made games before (I'm a programmer for Microsoft), but I'd like to be able to do more than 1 man projects that require no real challenge.
I'd also like to continue my path of being an amateur MMA fighter and go pro sometime, but I doubt I'll end up finishing that one.

Kaytastrophe

Jun 7, 2010
I've got a couple life goals,

I want to become a university professor and write a book

I want to marry my current girlfriend and have a family with her

and I want to ride in a world war II era tank... ok it doesn't have to necessarily be world war II.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Love.
I wish to find the one I am perfect with.

Quite simple, but the naive dream of someone who has never even been on a date, and the only people to claim feelings for him are on the internet, and tell him how much they want to die.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Be awesome and/or punch a bear and/or star in Doctor Who

And make money and find love. All that usual stuff.

PipPup

Apr 22, 2011
I want a make a comic series on the web. I have the talent, I just don't have the self-confidence yet.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Achievable: I'd love to have a semi-successful indie studio behind me. Hell I'm not too far from that already, so I'm not hating my chances. I don't care if I get rich from it, just enough to keep afloat will do me. I'd rather make games that are great but don't sell well than duds that make a fortune anyway.

Not Achievable: Or I'd love to develop AI and create artificial Alife, on the low-scale of course. That would be...life defining to say the least. But I'd say odds of this happening are roughly on par with me getting struck by lighting right as it actually happens (ooo paradox). Worth dedicating a decade or two to though if I thought that would give me good chances of success.

There's a lot more of course, but those are the mains. I have a whole list of things to do before I die. I can't stand extended periods of time when I'm not working towards something...an unhealthy awareness of mortality does have it's motivating factors.

EDIT:
similar.squirrel said:
similar.squirrel
Your name is a lie...we're not similar at all!

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Philosophical Doctorates in astrobiology, ecology and evolutionary biology, alongside source of income that allows me to own all the latest gadgets and take many, many exotic holidays. Also, a partner who does not wish to have children.

Hiikuro

We are SYD!
Apr 3, 2010
I made a list of this a long time ago. I'll try to pick out some of the most important ones, among a few others. Though this list doesn't by far list all my important goals. The most important one, and least attainable isn't even on the list.

Up-in-the-skies goals:
- Attain inner serenity
- Find the legendary creature that is my true love
- Explore and experience things that are new and foreign to me

Down-on-the-ground goals:
- Release my long-time FPS game project
- Successfully live my life as an indie game developer
- Defeating my avoidant tendencies and manage to bond with other humans.
- Get and care for two cats

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Get the point, economically, where I can live comfortably without too much effort. And own my own dusty and cramped bookstore.

Arikarin Aririkamei

Aug 26, 2009
I don't have many goals, I'm only fifteen and I'm lazy, after all, but they are:

To Study Psychology to the Level of Professor.
To Find Love.
To own a working wristblade. (If those ones shown on here a few days a go do actually get produced this goal couuld be achieved relatively soon.)
To play Spaceball. (Playing catch whilst skydiving.)

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I got a few and I am on the right track for them but mine are:

-Get a college degree in Intelligence and join one of the US military branches as an Intel Officer.
-Find love, because I don't want to be forever alone.
-finish the book series im writing.

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
Emmigrate, travel around as many countries as possible, learn another language or two.

Somehow come to agreeable terms with my Dad...but that one will never happen.

larysalove

Apr 15, 2011
I want to get married, and have children. I would like both my husband and I to have a job that offers both financial stability before taking time off and the ability to take time off to raise children. And I'd like to have enough of a safety cushion to do that with. I think I'd like to teach someday.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
To be happy.

And to have pizza.

And to finally play Duke Nukem Forever. While I drink some Bawls. That would be nice.

Salad Is Murder

Oct 27, 2007
If you ask me late at night, it's usually just not to kill myself because maybe tomorrow will be better. At most other times its to finish my education and raise my family.