Longest download time (2%...............)

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Almost a week, was torrenting the first season of Heroes, somehow ended up with a download speed of 5.6 kb/s. How that's even possible for a non-dial-up connection is beyond me.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
balimuzz said:
4 day download of KoTOR. I win.
I'm afraid sir, you don't. I was downloading Rakion for the 3rd time after game-damage occured. The estimated download time was something around a week. I left it on, for a week, desperately trying to download it. It still wasn't finished after a week. I closed the download, and tried again a month later.

Metalchair

Feb 8, 2009
i was at a friends house and he paid me six bucks to wait for Dawn of War 2 to install and it too an hour and a half so i was readin a gamepro magazine. but it was worth it cuz i got to play first. hizaah!!!

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
TheDoctor455 said:
PC... Trying to download the "Cinematic Mod" for HL2. 8 fucking hours!
I was interested in what this was so I looked it up. Looks pretty cool, so I went ahead and downloaded it. It took about 12 minutes

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Wow you guys are really determined to download this stuff, I give up after 24 hours.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
25 Naruto episodes, took me combined about...5 days I think. I just left my laptop downloading over night, so I wasn't bothered.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Well I had a particularly bad dialup connection before, so when I tried to download AMV Hell 3, it took me a bloody 2.5 months to finally get that thing in. Worth it though.

Pezzer

Feb 15, 2009
6 weeks for whole series of FMA, admittedly I was downloading other stuff at the same time.

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
E-mantheseeker said:
What is the longest period of time you spent waiting for a download to complete, and what were you trying to download?

+50 points if you were on dialup and you actually waited until the download completed

Edit: you can also say the longest estimated download time you have seen
A week !

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Hm, copied a bit of stuff (a few games) through a Nullmodem-cable, back in.... 92 or 94 or something. Needed one and a half days.

But yes, the fun times getting a CD... without mp3 compression or such through a 56k modem, paying by the hour... fun times.

Also i had "Forever Knight" in my download queue in Emule (before the DVD got out) for about 8 months till i had all episodes.

Ronwue

Oct 22, 2008
Probably a week, but i forgot which game. The reason was bad upload from the server.

Shadowtek

Jul 30, 2008
Years ago I got my voucher for my Half Life 2: bundle pack, I downloaded Half life 2 and Blue Shift both over dial up. that only took about five weeks and HL2 was done, then I started on Blue shift, it took about three weeks more.

(btw, my dial up was bad, it ranged from 12k-24k/sec)

VoltySquirrel

Feb 5, 2009
I have a crapped up Home Dell PC, with a very small hard drive. I think its like 71GB. The thing was already almost filled with crap, and now I wanted to download WoW. First I had to clear a bunch of junk files, mostly music I hate. Then, I set up the download. While I waited, I finished up a history project. When I finished, I checked the download progress, and It only got past 1%. Turns out me going to the internet stopped the download. It took me 7 hours to finish that project. So I left the computer running as it finished the download. Next day, I check the computer, and there's no WoW or download window. Turns out power went out during the night. Pissed off, I made sure absolutly no one used and computer for the rest of the download. They complied, and it finally finished. Total time was about 24 hours.