Longest game time This Gen!

Collins254

Jul 30, 2011
the longest ammount of time i have spent on a game is about 1000 hours on Monster hunter freedom 2, but on this gen console gaming its a close run between oblivion, fallout 3 and mass effect all with about 300 hours each maybe oblivion is at the front but not by much.

what i want to know is what games have you played until you can see the bone of your hands poking through, and how many hours have you poured into them. On this gen consoles only (so ps3 xbox 360 or somehow the wii...) coz handhelds would most definatly have it with pokemon or something otherwise lol

Collins254

Jul 30, 2011
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Jesus, OP. I don't want to be a dick (I kind of do), but when was the last time you saw the sun?
i work 40 hours a week and have a fiance and baby lol its just taken months if not years to rack up all that game time, i have owned oblivion since 2008 lol same as monster hunter when i was in school for 8 hours a day with 2 hours of lessons, 6 hours of free time and 3 mates who had the same shcedule and a psp and same 4 player game, you do the math :p

surg3n

May 16, 2011
Recently the big hitters seem to be Fallout3, and even Fallout:NV - 150+ hours in F3, 78 hours in F:NV. Enjoyable hours too, no grinding, no wandering around aimlessly, that's really about 10 - 20 times more gameplay than we get in other games. I for one hope that Bethesda don't change that anytime soon, we need these meaty adventure games to remind us what gaming is all about.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Longest time, you say? Probably CoD4 MW, racked up a lot of time in the multiplayer when it came out. If we're only sticking with single player modes then probably Fallout 3.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Collins254 said:
the longest ammount of time i have spent on a game is about 1000 hours on Monster hunter freedom 2, but on this gen console gaming its a close run between oblivion, fallout 3 and mass effect all with about 300 hours each maybe oblivion is at the front but not by much.

what i want to know is what games have you played until you can see the bone of your hands poking through, and how many hours have you poured into them. On this gen consoles only (so ps3 xbox 360 or somehow the wii...) coz handhelds would most definatly have it with pokemon or something otherwise lol
Which is funny, because this gen it would be a portable game(PSP though). Other than that, I'd say Fallout 3. Between the PC version and 360 version, I'd say about 150 hours.

Sir Boss

Mar 24, 2011
The Fallouts, definetly, I've got over 100 hours in each. Also, how exactly does one manage a triple post? It's an honest question, I assure you.

EDIT: Despite how sarcastic it sounded

Apr 7, 2010
Probably Oblivion since I always hear about people spending billions of hours on that game. But when Diablo 3 comes out, I won't see the sun until I have to go and buy the fourth one.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I would probably say back in the CoD4 days, it was really the only game I played, campaign and multiplayer. I got to 10th prestige on one account, and 8th on another. With like 20 something days playing time.

Also L4D, I don't know how much time, but I know it must have been a high number, because I remember getting the Zombie genocidist achievement, for killing an incomprehensibly high number of zombies.

Nami nom noms

Apr 26, 2011
Are we talking longest to complete, ie: content? or do you mean most time playing?
because the first would be Dragon Age with all its DLC.
and the second would be RE5, which I have sunk about 400 hours into.

Collins254

Jul 30, 2011
Sir Boss said:
The Fallouts, definetly, I've got over 100 hours in each. Also, how exactly does one manage a triple post? It's an honest question, I assure you.

EDIT: Despite how sarcastic it sounded
i dunno i posted then it said captcha error so i typed the new captcha and posted, then it said captcha error again, so i did it again and it worked, i didnt realise til afterwards that the first 2 worked, despite being told there was an error?

Siris

Everyone's Favorite Transvestite
Jan 15, 2009
I have 150 hours logged in New Vegas, and I see more when Lonesome Road comes out

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
GTA IV. I beat the single player twice, once on PS3 and 360, so that's 60 hours. Then I beat both DLC so that gives about a total between 75-80 hours.

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
After various, various playthroughs and constant amounts of fusion, I have about 400 hours logged into P3P. I think that's about right. I mean it displays it right on the save file.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
I have spend over 300 hours in the world of Fallout 3
looting the buildings, searching for secret weapons, and bringing my cap level to over 9 thousan- just kidding I have like half a million caps.
it seems like there is always something to do in Fallout 3