Longest games you've played?

Shinclone

Nov 20, 2011
I put a seriously unhealthy number of hours into Football Manager 2011, just checked and it's 560 hours. Is that bad? Dragon Age: Origins took me a good 60 hours to complete. My Skyrim save is currently at about 60 hours and I'm not even three quests into the main storyline.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
FO: New Vegas, I have an 80 hour save and I've yet to complete the final mission

vkola

Jul 12, 2011
Disgaea 1 got a good 200+hrs
FF7 full save had 180hrs
FF10 might have 200+hrs on one save
Dark Souls is only at 80hr so far, and just started on my second playthru

Guildwars has 6000hrs or so..

Other games I only play thru one time then play them again a year after.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The only recent one I can think of is Xenoblade Chronicles (over 110 hours).
I would of finish that game sooner but I was trying to finish all the quest but a few of them. Some of the quest involve slaying level 90+ monsters so I had to do some level and loot farming. Thanks to that it was super easy against the last few bosses in the game.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
Mass Effect 2 is probably my longest single run game to date. it took me about 40 hours to beat it on my first playthrough (this was reading pretty much every email and going out of my way to find things)

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
57 hours on a completionist playthrough of Mass Effect, and from what I can recall over 200 hours in Freelancer. Scoured all the systems, explored everything I could and all that.

Might have also spent some 130-ish hours with one character in Oblivion, before I finished the main campaign, got bored and deleted it. Not sure about the exact number here.

That's all for a single playthrough or character. Total time spent with a single game would be significantly larger, particularly for titles like TF2.

Ashot

Dec 12, 2011
Steam tells me that my total playtime on Fallout New Vegas is 704 hours. I haven't actually completed it yet...

FateOrFatality

Mar 27, 2010
This thread makes me feel bad about myself. People posting about how their most played game is like 13 hours, and here I am with 200 hours of Skyrim in one month - though I am on holidays, to be fair.

Most played overall would definitely be either Oblivion, Morrowind Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Yeah, I'm a big Bethesda fan. Skyrim will probably surpass them all though, considering I've played 200 hours WITHOUT mods.

Ashot

Dec 12, 2011
I guess that's the thing about Bethesda; no matter how much we complain about bugs etc, you can still play them for hundreds of hours.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Since I guess City of Heroes doesn't count, and multiplayer matches of Brood Wars also don't count. Mine would probably have to be, for a single playthrough...as sad as it is to say, Skyrim. I still haven't beaten it and I have 90 hours, and also haven't really been playing it for the past week.
Follow ups would all be Bethesda games. Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3. Another one I've dropped major hours on was Might and Magic VI, yet another open ended RPG! I am such a sucker for them.

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
I'd have to say the longest games I've played are the Mass Effect games, which clock in at about 35 hours per character.

Fallout 3, where I put 100 hours into my character.... and then made an evil one and put 100 more hours into that one.

Saints Row's 2 and 3rd, because me and my buddy were having so much fun with them that we went for the achievements, so about 45 hours for each of those games.

And I think I clocked about 40 hours into Final Fantasy XII when I played that.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
#1 would be Disgaea at ~270 hours and #2 would be a distant but uncertain second in Legend of Legaia because the in game clock stops counting at 99 hours.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
Final Fantasy XII at 160 hours. I finished it but didn't do a completionist run. That's coming up soon since XII is my favorite of the main series.

Encentrik

Nov 11, 2011
Handheld: Golden Sun: The Lost Age took for forever to beat; not because the game is incredibly long. It clocks around 15 hours, if I remember correctly; it's mainly because it's easy to get lost and not remember what you were supposed to do. Some of the dungeons are beyond confusing and with all the summons you can search for, it adds around 6 extra hours.

Console: Mass Effect is one of those games that I still haven't seen everything the game has to offer; I started a new game and I found out new side quests that I had never seen before. I usually clock in around 60+ hours. Although Skyrim is going to beat that soon as I'm 57 Hours in and I haven't done almost anything of the main quest yet.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
In terms of plots, sidequests and game thingamabobs to do, the Disgaea series has taken absolutely ridiculous amounts of time from me, Although the ME series is getting closer and closer everyday I replay it.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
I don't think Skyrim counts, does it? It may. Over two-hundred hours so far.

Other than that it took me sixty-six hours to 100% Mass Effect 2.