Looking for a new MMO

Ray Danaloo

Dec 7, 2010
Hey guys, I've been playing WoW for awhile now and I just got my account hacked and perma-banned I went through the appeal process until I got to be too much. I considered re-starting but spending money on expansions that I already bought is not on my agenda. So I'm looking for a new MMO to play. I really enjoyed WoW so if your suggestion is a clone of WoW thats fine with me. I just need a new game to play.
Thanks guys.

Toaster Hunter

Jun 10, 2009
I play Rift after a similar experience. Its a good game, similar to WOW, but different enough to be unique.

Most MMOs have free trial periods. Try a few and see what you like.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Rift is a pretty decent game to be fair.

It is similar to WoW but holds up well on it's own and it plays quite smoothly.

A couple of free to play MMO's i've tried I found to be quite good. Forsaken World is pretty decent. I also enjoyed Hellgate (yes, Hellgate is back and it's not all that shite).

tacotrainwreck

Sep 15, 2011
Agreeing with the above. Rift is a lot of fun and the class customization lets you be a little more creative with your character. I played for a few months before realizing I was just burned out of MMOs in general.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
As already said; Rift is a pretty fun MMO that resembles WoW a lot. I didn't care that much for it though since the world feel somewhat small, crowded and the zones doesn't flow togeather well.

You could also check out LOTRO. It's F2P(more like an endless trial without level restrictions), but you can easily earn points to purchase content. If you buy just one month and then stop subscribing your chars won't have any disadvantages at all.
I play LOTRO myself and love the game for it's mature community and amazing world.

Slip05

Oct 17, 2008
If you want free but still good quality, I'd look at Dungeons and Dragons Online and Runes of Magic.

DDO is possibly the best free mmo and RoM is very similar to World of Warcraft

You can also just go to mmorpg.com [www.mmorpg.com] and find your own

Sumrex

Apr 4, 2010
well if you're willing to pay i'd say Rift or waiting for Swtor otherwise i'm gonna say Lotro

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
If you're in the mood for something that's different (and you like space) consider giving Black Prophecy [http://www.blackprophecy.com] a shot, it's a space shooter MMO and I've never seen another MMO quite like it.

If you're looking for one that's a bit more traditional maybe you'll be interested in Dungeons and Dragons Online [http://www.ddo.com].

Both are free to play unless you want to buy premium shit, so they might even save you some cash.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Rift is very similar to WoW mechanically, albeit without the same scope due to its relatively fresh appearance on the MMO scene. It has only a fraction of WoW's population though, and even that is dwindling slightly, likely to level out at less than 500,000 subscribers. If you like a vigorous, heavily populated MMO it might not meet your requirements.

Really, if I were you, I'd wait for TOR or GW2. Both look to be heavy hitters and should redefine the MMO landscape until Titan hits 3-4 years from now.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
The only MMOs that really caught my attention for more than 2 weeks, and also happen to be pretty fun, are:

*Age of Conan (amazing MMO, hideously huge download, 22 gigs aprox.)

*Lord of The Rings Online (the gameplay is very similar to WoW's, but with 20% cooler hobbits)

*Dungeons & Dragons Online (great casual MMO, the game is almost entirely instanced, but it's pretty fun, especially with friends)

*Guild Wars (haven't uninstalled it since I started playing, a seriously good MMO, you have to buy it first, but you don't pay a monthly fee)

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
SupahGamuh said:
*Guild Wars (haven't uninstalled it since I started playing, a seriously good MMO, you have to buy it first, but you don't pay a monthly fee)
Guild Wars is a fine game, and it shares some conventions with MMOs, but it's not really a MMO proper. It's closer to a co-op RPG like Diablo.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
twaddle said:
Dragon Nest My friend. Dragon Nest
This would get my nod. It's pretty neat and has action combat. Kind wonky that it's launched through your browser but still.

DDO is another great one. Granted I got bored of it after a while because all you do is run through an instance, loot chest and repeat. No quests aside from things like Slayer or Rare Hunting.

You can also wait for DCUO to go completely F2P, its been announced but not up yet, since that looks pretty remarkable as well.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
City of Heroes goes F2P soon. I'd highly recommend it. Much different to WoW if you're looking for a change of pace.