Looking for bloody dismemberment.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Ignoring the last line...the new MK game when it comes out. Its selling point is literally bloody dismemberment.

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
redpete17 said:
Lemmie add a qualifier: It can not be a shooter type. i.e. FPS or 3rd Person FPS/platformer. So Max Payne is out even though it's not really first person.

Explanation: The person I asking for gets motion sickness easily.
I'm not sure you'll find many games these days that don't have a first-or-third-person camera.

If his motion sickness is that bad, I recommend you look up flash games online. They won't have the shine or polish of industry games, but people make superviolent stuff on Newgrounds [http://www.newgrounds.com/] or Kongregate [http://www.kongregate.com/] all the time.

I'm sure there are also some fixed rail shooters if constantly moving cameras are bad. House of the Dead: Overkill [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_House_of_the_Dead:_Overkill] seems pretty fun and violent. There are also fighters like Mortal Kombat [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_(2011_video_game)] that are incredibly violent.
MercurySteam said:
redpete17 said:
redpete17 said:
Lemmie add a qualifier: It can not be a shooter type. i.e. FPS or 3rd Person FPS/platformer. So Max Payne is out even though it's not really first person.

Explanation: The person I asking for gets motion sickness easily.
That's the strangest thing I've heard of all month. Tell your friend to talk up knitting, lest the strain of turning on a console gives them a heart attack.
Don't be a dick.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
Has your friend tried Gravol? I used to take it when I was younger to go cod fishing with my family, it's gotten me through some pretty rough seas and I don't remember any side effects or anything.

johnzaku

Jun 16, 2009
I suppose MadWorld, Gears of War, Bayonetta. One for each system?

Or Ninja Gaiden? Mortal Combat games can be pretty gory.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
TiefBlau said:
Don't be a dick.
It's hard not to when someone tells me that motion sickness hampers their ability to play games (unless they have a unique disease, I totally understand). It's just something I've never heard of before. I'm afraid that poor soul will never be able to play Portal as it sometimes gives even me motion sickness.

It's like saying your friend can't drive a car across a bridge cause they have vertigo. It's just unheard of.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Damn it, I'm saying Soldier of Fortune 1+2 even though they are FPS games. That gore has stuck with me.

Dorian6

Apr 3, 2009
as long as the religious right knows that games never made me kill people.

I kill people because it's the only way i can get an erection.......wait

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
Bayonetta. You can brutally destroy angels with interesting weapons and hilarious finishers in the form of torture devices. Third-person. Go nuts.

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
MercurySteam said:
It's hard not to when someone tells me that motion sickness hampers their ability to play games (unless they have a unique disease, I totally understand). It's just something I've never heard of before. I'm afraid that poor soul will never be able to play Portal as it sometimes gives even me motion sickness.

It's like saying your friend can't drive a car across a bridge cause they have vertigo. It's just unheard of.
It happens. In fact, I do believe most games these days come with a warning somewhere that say that you may have issues playing it if you have motion sickness. Just like how games come with warnings for people with epilepsy.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Dead Rising 2
Dead Space 2
Bullestorm
Painkiller
Dragon Age 2
Fallout 3
and lastly My Little Pony Adventure still gives me nightmares see what i did there 'Night' 'Mares'

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Not multiplayer, but Fallout 1 and 2 are pretty bloody. The dismemberments didn't have a lot of animations back then, but hey, still bloody and dismember-y.
Unfortunately the rules of your opening post prevent me from recommending Fallout 3 or New Vegas, as they're both 1st/3rd person shooter/RPGs (but you can play them without bothering with 1st/3rd person shooting... I've gone through a playthrough of each limiting myself strictly to VATS shooting)... because they're about as over-the-top [http://images.bit-tech.net/news_images/2007/07/fallout_3_screens_show_some_gore/b4.jpg] as you can get on the gore without going completely comical.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Dragon Age II, Left 4 Dead 2 and God of War 3 are all goretastic choices.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
TiefBlau said:
MercurySteam said:

It happens. In fact, I do believe most games these days come with a warning somewhere that say that you may have issues playing it if you have motion sickness. Just like how games come with warnings for people with epilepsy.
Yes but there is a clear difference between sometimes getting motion sickness when playing games and having permanent motion sickness that makes you unable to play most games. The latter I've never heard of.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
The only one I can think of that hasn't yet been mentioned is deadliest warrior the game.

But it seems I may be one of the very few who like it....