Looking for good post-Amnesia indie first person horror games for PC.

ninja666

May 17, 2014
theSovietConnection said:
I'd recommend Stairs as well come to think of it. It's even on sale on Steam right now for under $3 USD
Seems like it fits what I want pretty much perfectly. I'll definitely get that one. Thanks.

JUMBO PALACE said:
Just to throw another suggestion at you even though it doesn't exactly fit your criteria- Condemned Criminal Origins is one of my favorite horror games. It doesn't have that indie aesthetic the other games in this thread do but it is first person and has a pretty interesting story. It's also genuinely frightening with lots of different and creative settings. The abandoned department store full of mannequins is a rather famous/infamous section.
Come to think of it, I've never actually played Condemned - I've only seen short clips of it and that's pretty much all when it comes to my exposure to this game. Now might be a good time to give it a good old college try. I assume I'm not losing anything by not being able to play the sequel? The first game doesn't end on a cliffhanger or anything like that?

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
ninja666 said:
Come to think of it, I've never actually played Condemned - I've only seen short clips of it and that's pretty much all when it comes to my exposure to this game. Now might be a good time to give it a good old college try. I assume I'm not losing anything by not being able to play the sequel? The first game doesn't end on a cliffhanger or anything like that?
I believe it may have been a launch (or close to launch) title for the xbox 360. The visuals have aged of course and a couple gameplay elements would never pass these days. There are areas where to get through a certain door you need a particular weapon to progress which leads to some backtracking, but I think those bits of frustration are well worth it.

ninja666

May 17, 2014
Alright, so ultimately, I got Stairs, Condemned, Fran Bow, and Knock-Knock. Big thanks to everyone who participated. You've all been of great help.

Strelok

Dec 22, 2012
ninja666 said:
Strelok said:
Among The Sleep, horror game where you play a small child.
Yeah, I remember that one. In particular, I remember it being quite creative with portraying everyday objects and places as bizarre and surreal because of the whole "world seen through the eyes of a toddler" theme. Is it really a scary type of a horror game, though? Because from what I've seen, there wasn't anything really pants-shittingly terrifying about anything. It was more whimsical if anything.
Very scary, only one I have played with a real reason you can't fight back, you are 2. Devs felt the game still felt like what it was, a school project turned retail game. So they fixed it up and are releasing the enhanced edition tomorrow.

aaron_mark

Mar 4, 2015
Just google 'Insanidade game'...it's free. I've played it a while ago and I was impressed. For a indie game is very good. Have fun!

angryroach45

Nov 18, 2011
Brigand: Oaxaca on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/652410/Brigand_Oaxaca/

It's not exactly horror, but there are some atmospheric and intense parts, and the difficulty level is scary.
(shameless plug)