Looking for MMORPG

total crazy talk

Jul 16, 2009
greetings this is ma 1st post on the forums.
i have tried search and no found a topic like this

a few friends and I are former/current WoW players, and we are trying to find a new MMO to try, my friends want a skill baesed MMO (which i say dont exist due to RNG).
But what we are after most is an MMO with good fun and (most importanly) balenced pvp system

dose anybody have any recomendtions for us.
thx in advaced

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
total crazy talk said:
greetings this is ma 1st post on the forums.
i have tried search and no found a topic like this

a few friends and I are former/current WoW players, and we are trying to find a new MMO to try, my friends want a skill baesed MMO (which i say dont exist due to RNG).
But what we are after most is an MMO with good fun and (most importanly) balenced pvp system

dose anybody have any recomendtions for us.
thx in advaced
I hear Guild Wars is the next best thing.

But don't forget, 'Otherworld' and the Star Wars one are bothing coming soonish, so there's lots to look forward to.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Hi, and welcome to the escapist!

I heard that Age of Conan had become a lot better since release, but I have yet to go back and check it out again.
There are free trials, so it might be worth a look.

Other than that I'm sorry to say that I can't offer any great insight.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
If you're after PvP go for WAR. Though I thought the PvE was a bit pants, and I'm a PvE fan.

SniperWolf427

Jun 27, 2008
cas said:
Guild Wars 2!!
Ah yes, when it comes out several years from now.

I'm playing Aion and it's pretty fun, albeit not that different from any others. You also need a decent rig to run it, so that could be an issue for some.

Xsist

Jul 20, 2009
IMO
Best PvP Warhammer online
Best PvE World of warcraft
Best skillbased Eve Online

AkJay

Feb 22, 2009
poncho14 said:
Aion looks like a good mmo.
Yea, and it comes out in about a month, so can you hold off till then? that or try. . . Runescape *snicker*

berettapunk

Mar 18, 2009
i like final fantasy xi. the new final fantasy mmo looks good too. friends of mine are big on EVE online right now. that one might be worth a try.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Guild Wars.

Don't ask questions. Just do it. You ca get the whole series for about $40 now too.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
AdambotLive said:
Guild wars & Runescape.

MAYBE maplestory but can give your computer viruses sometimes.
NOT maplestory. It gets tedious. Far far, too tedious. And it really really wants your money. Like to the point where you begin picturing it as a sleezy friend who keeps trying to borrow money and swears whatever it's for will 'be awesome'. And its not.

Really though I can't suggest many, I played WoW after 4-5 years of delaying and making excuses of why I shouldn't and now every other MMO i've ever played feels like crap next to it...

So sorry to disappoint but...I would say I can't really give you an alternative.
Try one of the ones listed by the other members... I hear some good things about Aion but it needs a bit of time to establish itself I think.

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
Try Cabal Online. Most of the end-game gear you can obtain for yourself, and the paid items only provide marginal advantage at best.

EDIT:
If the pricing model by ogplanet is similar to the ones I played, that is.

Divineirony

Aug 21, 2009
Aion looks like a decent option its already well established in eastern asia so it cant be that bad.