Looking for new mouse

BoTTeNBReKeR

Oct 23, 2008
Hey guys, I've been looking into buying a new mouse for my pc. I'm currently using the 8 year old Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse which had it's fair share of problems and has seen quite some wear and tear over the years.

So, I'm looking for a cordless mouse that still provides me with the precision I need to play my games (mostly FPS and RTS). I'm not exactly sure how accurate these "gaming mice" are compared to standard mice and I honestly don't really know wether they're worth it (also, a lot of these gaming mice don't seem to be cordless, which is already a no-go for me). So can anybody give me some advice in finding a new mouse for me? Any suggestions are welcome.

Verzin

Jan 23, 2012
Depends. What's your price range? $100? $200?

EDIT: here are some rather nice wireless gaming mice in the $100 dollar range.
Razor is one of the most well known brands btw.

[link]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AM5RAM/ref=asc_df_B004AM5RAM1946505?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B004AM5RAM&hvpos=none&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10326433151196273847&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=[/link]

this Razor gaming mouse is on super sale on amazon. it's usually about 190 bucks. you can get it for about 100 with shipping right now.

[link]http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Orochi-Bluetooth-4000dpi-Wireless/dp/B005N90DBY/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1332441968&sr=1-2[/link]

rex922

Sep 30, 2009
Try to go down to a retailer to look and possibly get a feel on the mice if they have display sets. What you want in the mouse is for it too feel really good in your hands.

Weight, size, finish, they are all important factors to whether a mouse is for you. Do not care about stuff like DPI as they are just marketing terms.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I've got a Logitech G500 and I would highly recommend it, and as you also had a Logitech I'm sure it wouldn't take any time to get used to.
Not had any issues with this mouse whatsoever, and it's not exactly an expensive one.

It's not wireless, but in my experience you really don't want a wireless mouse for gaming.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
I've played with a few mouses and I can't tell much deference between them, I'd say $40 to $70, I see no reason to go above a $100, dollar range is good it puts you above most the cheap mouses, without a needlessly high price tag.

guitarsniper

Mar 5, 2011
I'm currently using a Mad Catz Cyborg RAT 5. I'm really happy with it. It's really well put together and durable, and cost me like 50 bucks. But i definitely recommend getting your hands on a mouse before you purchase it.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
You guys seriously pay this much for mice? I bought my cheap-ass mouse for under a tenner and I've never had any issues with it. The cursor moves when I move the mouse, what more do you want from it?

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Redingold said:
You guys seriously pay this much for mice? I bought my cheap-ass mouse for under a tenner and I've never had any issues with it. The cursor moves when I move the mouse, what more do you want from it?
Extra buttons, different sensitivity settings, that kind of thing.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I didn't realize wireless mice were this popular.

I tried to use a wireless gaming mouse while I was at university. Hated the damn thing.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
BoTTeNBReKeR said:
Hey guys, I've been looking into buying a new mouse for my pc. I'm currently using the 8 year old Logitech MX1000 Laser Mouse which had it's fair share of problems and has seen quite some wear and tear over the years.

So, I'm looking for a cordless mouse that still provides me with the precision I need to play my games (mostly FPS and RTS). I'm not exactly sure how accurate these "gaming mice" are compared to standard mice and I honestly don't really know wether they're worth it (also, a lot of these gaming mice don't seem to be cordless, which is already a no-go for me). So can anybody give me some advice in finding a new mouse for me? Any suggestions are welcome.
Yeah, go cordless ... SERIOUSLY!

You play the two biggest game genres that need as near to instant response time as possible and by adding in cordless you are hindering yourself.

Unless your PC unit is in a totally different room to your monitor there is 0 point in wireless mice, unless you like technology for technology sake. Me, I am of the impression the more parts = more things to go wrong.

Just do yourself a favor and go for a lachesis, which is the mouse I want. Cordless mice are unnecessary for anybody but nothing but a hindrance to gamers.

Feb 18, 2009
It's moments when your mouse runs out of batteries when you're doing really well that scare me away from using wireless mice. I have this http://www.sharkoon.com/?q=en/content/fireglider-black which is pretty good and cheap too. Although since you specified wireless I don't really know why I'm showing it off here. Guys, look at my mouse!

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Using a Logitech M315. Cheap wireless mouse, bout 20 bucks. Pretty standard: Left and right click with a scroll wheel. Kinda wish it had a back button but hey, not complaining, its really responsive and has withstood a fair amount of gaming.

personaitor

Aug 25, 2010
Personally, i have a Microsoft sidewinder x8 mouse. I have this thing for years, and have had no problems with it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105255&Tpk=sidewinder%20x8

Now, for some reason, alot of people who bought it from newegg got a bunch of lemons. so my suggestion is that you go to frys and get it from there like i did. If its more that 60 bucks, show that the page and get your discount.

Happy Hunting Sniping.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I honestly cant say what mouse im using right now. I know its a Microsoft one, but over the 8 months ive had it the painted on model number has worn off due to my unusually corrosive hands.

Not that id reccomend it, while it has 5 buttons the wheel is spastic as hell in a game and the wheel button wont press until i place two kilos of force on it. Yes, i actually tested that.

personaitor

Aug 25, 2010
gigastar said:
I honestly cant say what mouse im using right now. I know its a Microsoft one, but over the 8 months ive had it the painted on model number has worn off due to my unusually corrosive hands.

Not that id reccomend it, while it has 5 buttons the wheel is spastic as hell in a game and the wheel button wont press until i place two kilos of force on it. Yes, i actually tested that.
That sounds like the complaints on Newegg. You probably got a Lemon and didn't realize it, and i'm guessing you just had the standard 30 day warranty.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
personaitor said:
gigastar said:

That sounds like the complaints on Newegg. You probably got a Lemon and didn't realize it, and i'm guessing you just had the standard 30 day warranty.
Admittedly i did just pick up something that looked serviceable for a low price. After i run this one into the ground, ill probably not be a cheapskate next time.

Carboncrown

Oct 17, 2009
But... why would you want a cordless mouse?

Seriously, Logitech MX518 will satisfy all your gaming needs 'till the end of time. Google that shit.

Anything more pricey and you're paying for things you wouldn't even notice.