Looking for some new instrumental/limit vocals music to relax to.

Fatboy_41

Jan 16, 2012
G'day all.

Recently, I've taken to going for long bushwalks, or chilling in the city gardens with a book to try and take a step back from the usual full on nature of life. During these trips, I like to have some sort of music going that doesn't really distract me from where I am. As an example, I have the Morrowind and Skyrim soundtracks and that is kinda the thing I'm looking for.

Anyone else got some recommendations?

Coppernerves

Oct 17, 2011
Skyrim and Morrowind do fairly classical stuff right? I tend to be more into electronic stuff...

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Well, I don't know how soft you're really looking to go, but when I'm writing and really want to focus, I've got an entire playlist of ambient music I cycle through. :D

I just cut&pasted that from the last thread I used that short list in. It's my go-to, so to speak.

There's also:

Three tracks per spoiler box there.

I Stomp on Kittens

Don't let go!
Nov 3, 2008
The soundtrack for Diablo 2 is the love of my life. It may be a bit dark but it's a good listen, lots of nostalgia in there if you were a fan.

If you are looking for just single tracks that are instrumental here are some of my faves.
If you are into more metal-y guitar work this band doesn't do vocals.
Here's another band with no vocals, not as flashy as the above.

I hope you found something in there you liked. :)

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
My personal favorite for instrumental stuff is Flying Lotus, which would be good for nature walks because they sound all mystical and spacey as hell.

For other instrumental or ambient stuff that might work for you, I'd also look up Spiritualized, Explosions in the Sky, or Sigur Ros

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Other game soundtracks I'd recommend for easy listening are:

Braid

Journey

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Fatboy_41 said:
G'day all.

Recently, I've taken to going for long bushwalks, or chilling in the city gardens with a book to try and take a step back from the usual full on nature of life. During these trips, I like to have some sort of music going that doesn't really distract me from where I am. As an example, I have the Morrowind and Skyrim soundtracks and that is kinda the thing I'm looking for.

Anyone else got some recommendations?
So you want music in the classical that isn't overpowering.

Hummm...

Um. Yeah, most of my other music is a little... stronger than what you wanted.

Tom_green_day

Jan 5, 2013
So when you say 'instrumental/limit vocals music' do you mean soundtrack or soundtrack- style music, or just any music without vocals?
If the latter, try jazz. It's really enjoyable to listen to a great idiomatic solo, and saxophones and brass have such great timbres.
If the former, try more classical music. I'm studying a piece at the moment called... Hell, I'll just link it. Debussy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYyK922PsUw
I don't find many soundtracks that atmospheric, but a good one is the soundtrack to Book of Eli by Atticus Ross. Listen to Panoramic. Also good is the Planet Suite by Holst, especially Jupiter.

thefrizzlefry

Feb 20, 2009
A bit of a gamble on my part, but it's amazing for reflection or, really, any time you want your tunage to promote tranquility.