Looking for some Steam Gems

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
Dust: An Elysian Tail, it's on Xbox live as well but if you haven't played it you should. Great metroidvania game with an awesome art style.
Audiosurf. Fun rhythm game that plays music from CD's or your computer.
Space Engineers. I haven't really played this because my computer is shit but from what I've seen it's quite the game.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Prison Architect.

It may be in alpha, but it's one of the most feature-complete (for each monthly release) alphas out there, it's by Introversion (Darwinia/Uplink/DEFCON), and it's basically Theme Hospital in a Prison.

also Don't Starve (if you haven't already played it), perhaps if only because once it gets the multiplayer expansion the price rises to $19.99, not that it ain't worth it. I love Don't Starve.

Teleglitch is also interesting, but you might want to do some research, it reviewed well at Destructoid, for what it's worth. Rougelike top-down shooty type thing.

And all the Tex Murphy games just went up on Steam, seemingly (of course you *can* get them DRM free, but you said Steam, so...). They look interesting.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
Always recommend Jade Empire when this kinda thread comes up. A wee gem back from when Bioware made awesome RPG's. Also, Kung Fu, never enough Kung Fu in games.

Dota 2 is always an option too, and with TI4 coming up now's the time to get into it. Hell, worst case, download the client, and watch some of the qualifier replays in game. Can recommend you some if your interested.

Flutterguy

Jun 26, 2011
Orcs Must Die. Best tower defense I've found.

Archeblade. Great action multiplayer.

Then all the obvious ones like civilization, dota, portal, farcry..