Lord and Ladies

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
It was never going to a fair fight. William Sable was a born killer, even before the Fairy Queen gave him a shining sword of unearthly grace. Even before, his hands reactions were like lightning as he spun like a dancer, and it was said that the blade guided his hand and made him nigh unkillable.

Against him stood a nobody, some poor fool too slow to apologize for an imagined insult, and called out on his honor to a duel. The weapon he held was old and clumsy, some relic form old wars. Neither man nor blade could stand before their opponent, and and he seemed resigned to his fate as they stood before one another. He was later identified only as Keech

A salute, then it was begun. Sable's blade lanced out, and blades clashed to the surprise of all; against all odds Keech managed a parry, and as he stumbled back somehow dodged the cruel disemboweling riposte. As Sable advanced lazily, he tried a desperate counter attack, and swung his blade high, only to have it caught effortlessly. Sable smiled at his victim, then headbutted him in the face.

Keech fell back, blood streaming from a broken nose, and fell to one knee, groaning softly. Sable laughed then, and his blade licked out to knock away the sword on which Keech lent, sending him sprawling. Sable called to him to stand and face his death like a man, and stand Keech did.

Rising like the tide, his old sword whistled as it arced toward it's foe. Sable sneered and raised his glistening quicksilver in a leisurely parry. But Keech's ancient, blunted sword broke that star-forged fairy blade, with such force that it carried on to open Sable's bowels.

The villagers hailed him as a hero that day, for William Sable had been a terror unto them, but their gratitude swiftly turned to dismay as the avenging armies of an outraged Fairy Queen descended upon the. No sign was seen of Keech, but form that day on, he had left his mark.

-----​

Consider the world of Myhuir. This is a land when the worlds blood runs hot, and immense energies are are available to those who can tap them. Such mages are as gods, and their powers can move mountains and slay whole races. A struggle between these beings would be a cataclysm, and would surely destroy whatever was in contest, and much else besides.

On such a basis is the Concord founded. Many of the Lords and Ladies are opposed to one another, for while their powers are divine, their hearts are sill bound by the cares and concerns of their mortal heritage. They bicker and fight over trifles and meaningless tributes, but can never resolve their differences in combat. As such, each and every Lord empowers various champions, who fight their causes and do great deeds int heir names. these pawns are given meager enhancements and infinitesimal freedoms, but still rise above their mortal kin, and often rule supreme.

The champions fit no single grouping, for each is as his master require him, and as such they have possessed of a great variety of stills.. They go where their masters decree, with varying degrees of subservience, and often bear items of great power which their patrons give them.
Their physical abilities are such that no mortal can stand before them in single combat, and it would take a great many men to stop even one champion. When two meet, their interaction is dictated by the relationship of their masters, and if violence ensues, it is devastating for those nearby.

Keech's actions have set a ripple through the world, and now a host of champions gather. A man who can slay such a champion is no small happening, and many worry over the implications. The Fairy Queen, screaming vengeance for her favorite, has vowed Keech's demise, while others simply desire to know more of him, and some believe that the simplest action is to simply kill him before he becomes a problem.

You, my friend, are one of these champions.

Name: You know the drill
Physical Characteristics: I like to know how my characters look. Photos are forbidden.
Disposition: What are you like? Does this fit with your role? How do you relate to your patron/?
Skills: This may be as little as "terrifying duelist" to "obscenely clever" to "silver tongued". be inventive.
Patron: Who do you work for? You are allowed to invent a Lord or Lady, but they will be subject to my whim approval.
Enhancements and equipment: What has your patron given you to aid you? Insane strength, a killer sword, an amulet that turns aside arrows? Be inventive, but try to to be game-breaking
The Lords and Ladies are like gods, but are not always gods of things, specifically. The earthfather is one such elemental, being an impossibly old geomancer who has almost become one with the land, but most Lords are far younger. Beings such as the Fairy Queen simply bend reality to their wishes, limited more by their imagination than by any upper bound on their power. In a description of your Lord, I'd like an idea of attitude, intention and general disposition, as well as what one might call political opinions. that is, what do they approve and dissaprove of in the world.

One final thing
I need to know what your deity intends for you. Why are you being sent on this mission? Curiosity, vengeance, cover-up, peace-keeping? send this by PM, for it may well be that your objectives conflict with others

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Hey 3W. Just give me some time to iron out a sheet for ya. I enjoy RP's such as these.

Xero Scythe

Aug 7, 2009
Name: Grana Rei

Appearance: Grana stands tall at 6'1", contriving to seem taller through his regal posture. While his raven-black hair attracts, his piercing azure eyes freeze and imprison the eyes of onlookers. Many say the soul can be seen through the eyes. If this is true, one can only wonder the nature of Grana's soul, when his eyes seem so beautifully alluring while hiding a more lethal essence to them. Grana wears clothes indicative of nobility, including sable boots, and a shirt and pants woven of silk. Finally, a ethereal longsword with a gap an inch wide separating the two blade halves rests on his right while a golden ring adorns the middle finger of his right hand. A perfectly round ruby lies in the middle of the golden band, with a pointed cross sunk mysteriously within the ruby, the signet of the Lord of Flames.

Disposition: Grana must be aloof at all times when among the public, as befitting a member of nobility, but when alone or with allies he is rash and impulsive while being caring. He gets along well with his lord, showing the two sides of fire: a useful element used to warm and keep oneself safe, and a destructive force that eats everything in its path.

Skills: Grana is a feared fighter, expert at combining his fire control while dueling an opponent with his unorthodox lefty style and unearthly blade, Twin Fire.

Patron: Igneus, the Lord of Flames, a pyromancer who began as an alchemist. By mixing his alchemy with his incredibly advanced magic, Igneus found the Elixer of Eternal Youth, created by heating multiple poisons at heats unbearable for most men. Igneus kept the secret of immortality to himself and honed his Pyromancy through the ages until he reached the pinnacle of magic, joining the other Lords and Ladies as a near- god. Igneus quickly made several alliances in the ever fluctuating court of the Lords and Ladies before selecting his champion. Now, with William Sable dead and Keech on the run, Igneus thinks life is going to become quite interesting.

Enhancements/Equipments: Igneus gave Grana 3 gifts:
The first was Grana's blade, Twin Fire. Its only ability is the strength to resist breaking or melting, no matter the heat of the flames around it.

The second was the Skin of Sigfried, able to resist flames of the greatest heat without burning or melting.

The final gift was the Lord's own ring, which lends Grana the ability to control and create fires of any temperature or size. Using it for too long saps away at Grana's concentration, and he can be made to lose control of the flames if pushed far enough.

Sorry for the double post- my iPod is being a pain.

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
I'm interested.

before I post my sheet, there are 2 questions(I will post regardless)
1: can I be a Goblin?
2: can I fight[i/] against [/i]the Lords and Ladies?

KronosTalon

May 30, 2010
Name:Zyphe Ironside

Appearance: Zyphe is an exceedingly large figure, standing at 6' 5" and concealed from head to toe in large plate armor, adding to the general size of himself. Without his armor on, Zyphe has short red hair, along with a full red beard, but he keeps that short as well. Is well toned and very strong looking, giving him the strength to lug around that heavy plate. Has only one scar, which is on his back. It is in the shape of a fist, a mark from his Lord.
The helmet of his armor has a plume, which is large and poofy and red, along with gold trim around the visor and base of the plume. His chest plate is equally adorned, the gold trim all long the edges and a large shield symbol engraved on the front, lined with gold and colored with red. The shoulder plates of his armor differ drastically, his left pauldron being normal sized while his right one is rather bulky and large, But both are adorned with the gold trim on the base. The trim follows suit for the rest of the armor, giving it a expensive and impressive look.

Disposition: Zyphe must have order wherever he goes, and is not afraid to be forceful if the need arises. Sees himself as a guardian of the weak, and takes it very seriously, and is quite solemn 99 percent of the time. Is a very loyal person and has an unwavering belief in protecting innocent lives, even at the cost of his own. Attempts to be more like his lord every day, devoting himself fully.

Skills:Zyphe focuses on the defensive side of battle, always blocking and parrying and waiting for the enemy to slip up, then striking quickly before resuming his stalwart defense.

Patron: Lord of Justice and Honor, often taking on the nickname "Oathkeeper". Is very much like Zyphe, but not by coincidence, as Zyphe idolizes his Lord. Generally enjoys keeping the peace amongst those he can. One major difference between him and Zyphe is that he can either be in a good mood, a bad mood, or a n. While he is in a good mood he tends to be more careless, and while in a bad mood tends to be more judging of mortals, and sends Zyphe away to bring them justice. But in the end, wishes there to be law and peace among mortals, but he knows that day is far from being here.

Enhancement/Equipments: His lord has trusted Zyphe with a small intricate looking box, which he keeps hanging around his neck on a metal chain. This box is a magical prison for people specifically wanted by his Lord, and can trap the entire essence of someone within. Abuse of this box is not an option for Zyphe, as he only trusts himself with it, and would never go against his Lords command.
Zyphe was also given a large metal tower shield, Which he has nicknamed simply as "The Guardian". One of his lords best creations while at the forge, it offers extreme durability against any sort of attack, and Zyphe knows of nothing that can break it. Is also light weight, contrary to a normal tower shield, offering him greater chance to defend against attack.
His Lord also thought it necessary to give Zyphe a suit of armor, Not made of the same material as his shield, but also built to be quite durable and light, giving him some extra mobility and comfort while wearing it. Zyphe knows that this armor is not made from the same material, and usually tries to guard with his shield before letting it strike his armor. The adornments were from his lord, adding a resistence to magical effects, but only slightly.
Sorry if there are some grammatical errors, I will fix them after I have gotten some sleep.

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
Name: Lyrus Meistersinger, King of the Minstrels

Physical Characteristics: Standing at 5'9'', Lyrus is lean and straight. People often say he has the slender and delicate hands of a woman and in general he really has something slightly feminine to him. His chin is a little bit pointy and clean shaven and his lips have a graceful line. Together with his bright green eyes, his mouth always seems to smile. He wears his blonde hair at shoulder lenght.
The clothes he wears are plain, brown cloth pants and a white shirt. His leather boots are comfortable made for long travels, as is his green cloak. On his head he wears a green beret with a single white feather.

Disposition: Lyrus is kind and generous, but also likes the attention that he gets. He is never averse to a good mug of ale and even less to a small flirt with the beautiful maidens of the lands he travels. His Lady is adored by him and most of his songs are devoted to her. Although he is kind of a lady's man, she is his only, undying love. Now that she has suddenly turned her attention to Keech, Lyrus feels a spark of jealousy inside him that could potentially endanger his mission if it grows into a fire.

Skills: Called the "King of the Minstrels" for his songs, Lyrus is a master with the lute. It is said that his songs touch everyone directly in their hearts, which gives him great power over people. Generally, he lets other men win his battles. If he has to fight himself, he is, while being far from a great fighter, quick and never fights fairly.
Patron: The Lady of Dance, Wine and Music. She tries to bring pleasure to all people. While she generally tries to keep the peace, she prefers exuberant chaos and excess to the strict and narrow rule of law.

Enhancements and equipment: His Lady has given Lyrus a perfect sounding magical lute, so he can sing about the pleasures his Lady brings.
He also carries a dice cup with three silver dice, which are blessed by her with great power. Whoever loses a game of these dice against him has to fulfil one of his wishes. Only those of the strongest will can deny such a game, as winning it oneself promises great luck and happiness for one's own life.

I post my character here, but my participation will mainly depend on when this RP starts and how quickly it moves along, as I will not be able to post here for about a week starting next Wednesday.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
My, this is similar to that Old Gods thing.

Remember that?

Jun 13, 2010
Name: Iston of Life's End

Physical Characteristics: Iston stands shorter than most men at 5"7 and has a thin but rather well-toned body. His long, pale blond hair runs down past his shoulders and is very unkempt, llike it hasn't been cut or brushed in quite some time. He wears the finest white silk clothes, that are unfortunately quite tattered from all the fights they've seen and covered in numerous bloodstains that never would wash out properly. His hands are covered by the black Gauntlets of Life's End. All this gives him the appearance of an insane man that is completed by the crazed look in his eerily bright blue eyes.

Disposition: Iston loves to create chaos and cause mischief wherever he goes. other than that though, he's generally unpredictable. Get in his way and he's just as likely to kill you as he is to shake your hand and call you friend, although it wouldn't be unheard of for him to change his mind and simply kill you later.

Skills: Iston possesses great strength for his size and is a master of martial arts,being able to crush opponents with his bare hands. His fighting style is as unpredictable as he is, often unnecessarily flashy and keeps his foes guessing. Iston is also quite persuasive when it comes to luring people with a more chaotic disposition to cutting loose and doing whatever they want.

Patron: Iston works for the Reynard, the Trickster Lord. Reynard first began studying magic as method of performing more elaborate tricks. Many years went by and one thing led to another and suddenly an entire island had sunk into the ocean and the people were calling him one of the Lords which sounded kinda fun so he went with it. Unfortunately, the court of the Lords and Ladies was far more dull than he had hoped and now Reynard seeks to liven things up a bit by stirring up trouble among the mortals and his fellow Lords and Ladies alike. Because of this he has no real allies or enemies, although boring Lords and Ladies who tell him he goes too far or try to stop his tricks earn his wrath more than others. The relationship between Iston and his Lord is quite chaotic as one would expect. They both share a love for causing havoc but are often in disagreement when it comes to the best way to go about doing so. Iston is given free reign to do as he pleases so long as the results are chaotic and entertaining, but Iston is often being reprimanded for opportunities missed or done the wrong way.

Enhancements and equipment: The Gauntlets of Life's End: Iston's namesake and main weapon of choice, when used properly they can crush just about anything and with precise timing can be used to reflect magical attacks back at their caster.

The Amulet of Chaos: This can be used to push mortals over the edge of insanity and even drive some of the less even-tempered champions to become reckless and do things they normally wouldn't.

In order to make up for his lack of any sort of ranged attack, Reynard has also blessed Iston with enhanced speed.

This looks fun. I hope this sheet is good enough.

Fishtie

Sep 19, 2010
Name: Willis

Physical Characteristics: Willis stands about 5'4" tall, but often seems smaller because he usually slouches. His hair is of medium length and quite shaggy but is bleached pure while. Both his form and face are rather slight and slim, his black eyes in particular seem sunken in and he has dark bags under his eyes as though constantly exhausted. Despite his hunched and tired look, Willis still looks like a man in his prime barely reaching his third decade.

Most of the time his form is mostly hidden under the Cloak Of Winter, the large cloak is white as the driven snow and slightly tattered at the edges with a touch of white fur around the edge of the hood. It is secured at the neck with a brooch in the shape of a snowflake that looks different every time a person looks at it. He also wears pure white gloves and boots. Under the cloak he wears a simple outfit of a brown leather tunic and shorts.

Disposition: Willis is very quiet and prone to observing without interfering. He understands that both life and nature are cruel and mostly supports the natural way of things, but things that he recognizes as truly evil are rarely tolerated. When he is riled into meting out punishment (not often) he can be quite cruel. Never acts rashly without finding out all sides of a situation.

Skills: Willis has always been quite clever, and now coming close to living for a thousand years he is incredibly wise. He can recognize any of the Lords and Ladies as well as most of their champions on sight. He is neither strong, fast, tough, or talented in combat; but he can fight using a staff with almost perfect efficiency, defending himself from most any attack with minimal effort.

Patron: Jack Frost, King of Snow. Jack Frost is one of the few Eternals, lords and ladies that have been around since the beginning of the world. He holds everything concerning snow, cold, and winter under his domain. However, though his power is massive he is quite content to serve as an important part of the natural cycle of the world only emerging with his power from the north during the winter seasons. Actually, Jack Frost for his age and power is quite childish and very gullible, that is the reason that most of his chosen have often been more of advisers rather then true champions, and Willis is no exception.

Enhancements and equipment: The Cloak of Winter: (See above for description) This thin seeming cloak has several great powers. First, it protects the person wearing it from any extreme of temperature; high or low. It also allows that person to walk over snow and ice without any difficulty whatsoever. When drawn around the wearer it can completely blend in to any snowfield becoming virtually invisible to the eye. Finally, and probably most powerfully; whoever wears the Cloak of Winter is completely protected from the ravages of aging granting them effective immortality (though they can still be killed).

Arctic Staff: Though only one can exist at once, the champion of Jack Frost can empower any proper stick (at least 4 feet long, dead, reasonably straight) as the Arctic Staff. It allows the wielder to launch blasts of snow or arctic wind. The staff's power is much stronger when it is cold but noticeably weaker when it is hot. It also allows limited control over naturally occurring snow.

Hope I didn't take too many liberties here.

As an extra note: Willis forgot his own last name long ago.

willofbob

Aug 22, 2010
Name: Vistik E'Gradst
species: Goblin
Physical Characteristics: Goblins are medium sized creatures creatures with green/grey skin and a very light build. They are hominid, tend to have elongated chins and monochromatic hair (black, white or grey)and curve and pointed ears. Vistik himself is tall by Goblin standards, standing at 5"2', but is little more than skin and bones. he wears his pure white hair slicked back and has a curled moustache, as is in style for his race. he has a wide mouth, even by Goblin standards, that is usually in a cheshire cat grin. His skin is emerald green with a washed-out tone. Wears a pinstriped red sweatervest, white bowler hat and white slacks all covere in complicated trinkets. uses a repeater crossbow and rapier.
Disposition: Goblins are very inteligent creatures, curious to a fault and with a love for the complex. Vistik takes this to the extreme an often has to have his home completely rebuilt after a failed experiment, he likes other people (or sentient creatures) but utilises a "tough-love" approach, reasoning that they won't learn if he keeps bailing them out.
Skills: Very intuitve and inventive.
Patron: Irstik, lord of wisdom and god of Vistik's tribe (all children from said tribe have the suffix "tik" on their name). A metalic grey goblinoid with red eyes and hair like steel wool in a mad-scientist style. He stands 4'8", wears a white robe and a bowtie.
Enhancements and equipment: Irstik gave Vistik a set of goggles that allow him to see faster than any around him. He sees the potential of all things around him the moment he enters the room. They do look kinda weird though.
bio: Born in the village of Rustik, Vistik showed signs of genius from an early age, creating amazing things from the notched sticks he would play with. After growing up he became mayor and went into regular contact with Irstik. Both Vistik And his god shared a hatred for the Fairy Queen, taking each and every opportunity to fight her, usually failing. When Keech killed the Fairy Queen's champion, Irstik became curious and sent Mayor E'Gradst out to find more about him

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
Name: Morrigan

Physical Characteristics: Morrigan stands at approximately 5'6, with jet-black hair down to her mid-back and intense jade-green eyes. When she wants to be, Morrigan is extremely beautiful, from her long legs, full chest, and shapely figure to her piercing eyes, high cheek bones, and pale, flawless skin.

Disposition: Morrigan is a schemer, like her master. She seeks to one day dethrone the Fairy Queen and take up her own throne - someday, far into the future, when that throne is already occupied by Llanalach and she sits on Llanalach's own throne as the Lady of Change and Scheme. She is ruthless, relentless, and self-serving, ultimately only concerned with herself and her Master, and even there, she comes first.

Skills: Morrigan is quick-witted and thinks well on her feet. She has a talent and a taste for plotting, and she takes her plans going awry so calmly and alters her scheme accordingly that one would think she had never been wrong at all. Besides her mental prowess, Morrigan is a deadly combatant with her shapechanging powers.

Patron: Llanalach, Lord/Lady of Change and Scheme. Llanalach's physical form is that of a terrifying abomination, formed out of writhing tentacles, tongues, and eyes, a mountain of writhing flesh in his domain in the great sea. Llanalach was, before his ascension, a mighty mage who mastered the art of Fleshcrafting, and soon transcended his mortal shape into the horrific monstrosity he is now. Using his powers, he built an army of golems formed of human flesh. For many years he rampaged across the world, absorbing the knowledge and flesh of those he killed, until a coterie of warriors and mages confronted him on the edge of the sea, and after a great battle and much death, drove him under the waves. The Mages created a great reef of coral to bind him for eternity, but not all his powers were suppressed. The minds he had absorbed granted him great power, just waiting for someone able to wield it.

Enhancements and equipment: Morrigan has been blessed by the Lord of Change with the ability to change her shape as she sees fit. She has mastered this ability, and is capable of taking on the forms of numerous other beings, as well as altering her primary shape for her own purposes.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Xero Scythe said:
Name: Grana Rei

Appearance: Grana stands tall at 6'1", contriving to seem taller through his regal posture. While his raven-black hair attracts, his piercing azure eyes freeze and imprison the eyes of onlookers. Many say the soul can be seen through the eyes. If this is true, one can only wonder the nature of Grana's soul, when his eyes seem so beautifully alluring while hiding a more lethal essence to them. Grana wears clothes indicative of nobility, including sable boots, and a shirt and pants woven of silk Finally, a ethereal longsword with a gap an inch wide separating the two blade halves rests on his right while a golden ring adorns the middle finger of his right hand. A perfectly round ruby lies in the middle of the golden band, with a pointed cross sunk mysteriously within the ruby, the signet of the Lord of Flames.

Disposition: Grana must be aloof at all times when among the public, as befitting a member of nobility, but when alone or with allies he is rash and impulsive while being caring. He gets along well with his lord, showing the two sides of fire: a useful element used to warm and keep oneself safe, and a destructive force that eats everything in its path.

Skills: Grana is a feared fighter, expert at combining his fire control while dueling an opponent with his unorthodox lefty style and unearthly blade, Twin Fire.

Patron: the Lord of Flames

Enhancements/Equipments: The Lord of Flames gave Grana 3 gifts:
The first was Grana's blade, Twin Fire. Its only ability is the strength to resist breaking or melting, no matter the heat of the flames around it.

The second was the Skin of Sigfried, able to resist flames of the greatest heat without burning or melting.

The final gift was the Lord's own ring, which lends Grana the ability to control and create fires of any temperature or size. Using it for too long saps away at Grana's concentration, and he can be made to lose control of the flames if pushed far enough.
Good, but I want more than just "The Lord of Fire". And you haven't yet PMed me the details of your mission.

KronosTalon said:
Name:Zyphe Ironside

Appearance: Zyphe is an exceedingly large figure, standing at 6' 5" and concealed from head to toe in large plate armor, adding to the general size of himself. Without his armor on, Zyphe has short red hair, along with a full red beard, but he keeps that short as well. Is well toned and very strong looking, giving him the strength to lug around that heavy plate. Has only one scar, which is on his back. It is in the shape of a fist, a mark from his Lord.
The helmet of his armor has a plume, which is large and poofy and red, along with gold trim around the visor and base of the plume. His chest plate is equally adorned, the gold trim all long the edges and a large shield symbol engraved on the front, lined with gold and colored with red. The shoulder plates of his armor differ drastically, his left pauldron being normal sized while his right one is rather bulky and large, But both are adorned with the gold trim on the base. The trim follows suit for the rest of the armor, giving it a expensive and impressive look.

Disposition: Zyphe must have order wherever he goes, and is not afraid to be forceful if the need arises. Sees himself as a guardian of the weak, and takes it very seriously, and is quite solemn 99 percent of the time. Is a very loyal person and has an unwavering belief in protecting innocent lives, even at the cost of his own. Attempts to be more like his lord every day, devoting himself fully.

Skills:Zyphe focuses on the defensive side of battle, always blocking and parrying and waiting for the enemy to slip up, then striking quickly before resuming his stalwart defense.

Patron: Lord of Justice and Honor, often taking on the nickname "Oathkeeper". Is very much like Zyphe, but not by coincidence, as Zyphe idolizes his Lord. Generally enjoys keeping the peace amongst those he can. One major difference between him and Zyphe is that he can either be in a good mood, a bad mood, or a n. While he is in a good mood he tends to be more careless, and while in a bad mood tends to be more judging of mortals, and sends Zyphe away to bring them justice. But in the end, wishes there to be law and peace among mortals, but he knows that day is far from being here.

Enhancement/Equipments: His lord has trusted Zyphe with a small intricate looking box, which he keeps hanging around his neck on a metal chain. This box is a magical prison for people specifically wanted by his Lord, and can trap the entire essence of someone within. Abuse of this box is not an option for Zyphe, as he only trusts himself with it, and would never go against his Lords command.
Zyphe was also given a large metal tower shield, Which he has nicknamed simply as "The Guardian". One of his lords best creations while at the forge, it offers extreme durability against any sort of attack, and Zyphe knows of nothing that can break it. Is also light weight, contrary to a normal tower shield, offering him greater chance to defend against attack.
His Lord also thought it necessary to give Zyphe a suit of armor, Not made of the same material as his shield, but also built to be quite durable and light, giving him some extra mobility and comfort while wearing it. Zyphe knows that this armor is not made from the same material, and usually tries to guard with his shield before letting it strike his armor. The adornments were from his lord, adding a resistence to magical effects, but only slightly.
Sorry if there are some grammatical errors, I will fix them after I have gotten some sleep.
Good sheet, with a relitavely believable Lord. Accepted.

Avayu said:

Physical Characteristics: Standing at 5'9'', Lyrus is lean and straight. People often say he has the slender and delicate hands of a woman and in general he really has something slightly feminine to him. His chin is a little bit pointy and clean shaven and his lips have a graceful line. Together with his bright green eyes, his mouth always seems to smile. He wears his blonde hair at shoulder lenght.
The clothes he wears are plain, brown cloth pants and a white shirt. His leather boots are comfortable made for long travels, as is his green cloak. On his head he wears a green beret with a single white feather.

Disposition: Lyrus is kind and generous, but also likes the attention that he gets. He is never averse to a good mug of ale and even less to a small flirt with the beautiful maidens of the lands he travels. His Lady is adored by him and most of his songs are devoted to her. Although he is kind of a lady's man, she is his only, undying love. Now that she has suddenly turned her attention to Keech, Lyrus feels a spark of jealousy inside him that could potentially endanger his mission if it grows into a fire.

Skills: Called the "King of the Minstrels" for his songs, Lyrus is a master with the lute. It is said that his songs touch everyone directly in their hearts, which gives him great power over people. Generally, he lets other men win his battles. If he has to fight himself, he is, while being far from a great fighter, quick and never fights fairly.
Patron: The Lady of Dance, Wine and Music. She tries to bring pleasure to all people. While she generally tries to keep the peace, she prefers exuberant chaos and excess to the strict and narrow rule of law.

Enhancements and equipment: His Lady has given Lyrus a perfect sounding magical lute, so he can sing about the pleasures his Lady brings.
He also carries a dice cup with three silver dice, which are blessed by her with great power. Whoever loses a game of these dice against him has to fulfil one of his wishes. Only those of the strongest will can deny such a game, as winning it oneself promises great luck and happiness for one's own life.

I post my character here, but my participation will mainly depend on when this RP starts and how quickly it moves along, as I will not be able to post here for about a week starting next Wednesday.
Nice, though you've written nothing about your Lady. Names and details, friendships and enemies, all are useful...
Fragrance of Mtn Dew said:
Name: Iston of Life's End

Physical Characteristics: Iston stands shorter than most men at 5"7 and has a thin but rather well-toned body. His long, pale blond hair runs down past his shoulders and is very unkempt, llike it hasn't been cut or brushed in quite some time. He wears the finest white silk clothes, that are unfortunately quite tattered from all the fights they've seen and covered in numerous bloodstains that never would wash out properly. His hands are covered by the black Gauntlets of Life's End. All this gives him the appearance of an insane man that is completed by the crazed look in his eerily bright blue eyes.

Disposition: Iston loves to create chaos and cause mischief wherever he goes. other than that though, he's generally unpredictable. Get in his way and he's just as likely to kill you as he is to shake your hand and call you friend, although it wouldn't be unheard of for him to change his mind and simply kill you later.

Skills: Iston possesses great strength for his size and is a master of martial arts,being able to crush opponents with his bare hands. His fighting style is as unpredictable as he is, often unnecessarily flashy and keeps his foes guessing. Iston is also quite persuasive when it comes to luring people with a more chaotic disposition to cutting loose and doing whatever they want.

Patron: Iston works for the Lord of Chaos. His Lord is almost always bored and seeks to liven things up a bit by stirring up trouble among the mortals and his fellow Lords and Ladies alike. The relationship between Iston and his Lord is quite chaotic as one would expect. They both share a love for causing havoc but are often in disagreement when it comes to the best way to go about doing so. Iston is given free reign to do as he pleases so long as the results are chaotic and entertaining, but Iston is often being reprimanded for opportunities missed or done the wrong way.

Enhancements and equipment: The Gauntlets of Life's End: Iston's namesake and main weapon of choice, when used properly they can crush just about anything and with precise timing can be used to reflect magical attacks back at their caster.

The Amulet of Chaos: This can be used to push mortals over the edge of insanity and even drive some of the less even-tempered champions to become reckless and do things they normally wouldn't.

In order to make up for his lack of any sort of ranged attack, The Lord of Chaos has also blessed Iston with enhanced speed.

This looks fun. I hope this sheet is good enough.
The Lord of Chaos? These guys aren't just elementals, to be entirely controlled by the attributes of an arbitrary substance or idea. They're real people with real personalities. Other than that, I like it.

Perhaps you might want to invent this Lord as some sort of Trickster? And get him a name, too...

Fishtie said:
Name: Willis

Physical Characteristics: Willis stands about 5'4" tall, but often seems smaller because he usually slouches. His hair is of medium length and quite shaggy but is bleached pure while. Both his form and face are rather slight and slim, his black eyes in particular seem sunken in and he has dark bags under his eyes as though constantly exhausted. Despite his hunched and tired look, Willis still looks like a man in his prime barely reaching his third decade.

Most of the time his form is mostly hidden under the Cloak Of Winter, the large cloak is white as the driven snow and slightly tattered at the edges with a touch of white fur around the edge of the hood. It is secured at the neck with a brooch in the shape of a snowflake that looks different every time a person looks at it. He also wears pure white gloves and boots. Under the cloak he wears a simple outfit of a brown leather tunic and shorts.

Disposition: Willis is very quiet and prone to observing without interfering. He understands that both life and nature are cruel and mostly supports the natural way of things, but things that he recognizes as truly evil are rarely tolerated. When he is riled into meting out punishment (not often) he can be quite cruel. Never acts rashly without finding out all sides of a situation.

Skills: Willis has always been quite clever, and now coming close to living for a thousand years he is incredibly wise. He can recognize any of the Lords and Ladies as well as most of their champions on sight. He is neither strong, fast, tough, or talented in combat; but he can fight using a staff with almost perfect efficiency, defending himself from most any attack with minimal effort.

Patron: Jack Frost, King of Snow. Jack Frost is one of the few Eternals, lords and ladies that have been around since the beginning of the world. He holds everything concerning snow, cold, and winter under his domain. However, though his power is massive he is quite content to serve as an important part of the natural cycle of the world only emerging with his power from the north during the winter seasons. Actually, Jack Frost for his age and power is quite childish and very gullible, that is the reason that most of his chosen have often been more of advisers rather then true champions, and Willis is no exception.

Enhancements and equipment: The Cloak of Winter: (See above for description) This thin seeming cloak has several great powers. First, it protects the person wearing it from any extreme of temperature; high or low. It also allows that person to walk over snow and ice without any difficulty whatsoever. When drawn around the wearer it can completely blend in to any snowfield becoming virtually invisible to the eye. Finally, and probably most powerfully; whoever wears the Cloak of Winter is completely protected from the ravages of aging granting them effective immortality (though they can still be killed).

Arctic Staff: Though only one can exist at once, the champion of Jack Frost can empower any proper stick (at least 4 feet long, dead, reasonably straight) as the Arctic Staff. It allows the wielder to launch blasts of snow or arctic wind. The staff's power is much stronger when it is cold but noticeably weaker when it is hot. It also allows limited control over naturally occurring snow.

Hope I didn't take too many liberties here.

As an extra note: Willis forgot his own last name long ago.
I like this sheet. While you've used an elemental Lord, you've made him very real. The rest of the sheet is in order also. Accepted =)
willofbob said:
Name: Vistik E'Gradst
species: Goblin
Physical Characteristics: Goblins are medium sized creatures creatures with green/grey skin and a very light build. They are hominid, tend to have elongated chins and monochromatic hair (black, white or grey)and curve and pointed ears. Vistik himself is tall by Goblin standards, standing at 5"2', but is little more than skin and bones. he wears his pure white hair slicked back and has a curled moustache, as is in style for his race. he has a wide mouth, even by Goblin standards, that is usually in a cheshire cat grin. His skin is emerald green with a washed-out tone. Wears a pinstriped red sweatervest, white bowler hat and white slacks all covere in complicated trinkets. uses a repeater crossbow and rapier.
Disposition: Goblins are very inteligent creatures, curious to a fault and with a love for the complex. Vistik takes this to the extreme an often has to have his home completely rebuilt after a failed experiment, he likes other people (or sentient creatures) but utilises a "tough-love" approach, reasoning that they won't learn if he keeps bailing them out.
Skills: Very intuitve and inventive.
Patron: Irstik, lord of wisdom and god of Vistik's tribe (all children from said tribe have the suffix "tik" on their name). A metalic grey goblinoid with red eyes and hair like steel wool in a mad-scientist style. He stands 4'8", wears a white robe and a bowtie.
Enhancements and equipment: Irstik gave Vistik a set of goggles that allow him to see faster than any around him. He sees the potential of all things around him the moment he enters the room. They do look kinda weird though.
bio: Born in the village of Rustik, Vistik showed signs of genius from an early age, creating amazing things from the notched sticks he would play with. After growing up he became mayor and went into regular contact with Irstik. Both Vistik And his god shared a hatred for the Fairy Queen, taking each and every opportunity to fight her, usually failing. When Keech killed the Fairy Queen's champion, Irstik became curious and sent Mayor E'Gradst out to find more about him
I like the concept, but give the Lord more detail. Also, he can hardly be the Lord of Wisdom, since all the Lords are, in essence, immensely powerful mages.

PrinceOfShapeir said:
Name: Morrigan

Physical Characteristics: Morrigan stands at approximately 5'6, with jet-black hair down to her mid-back and intense jade-green eyes. When she wants to be, Morrigan is extremely beautiful, from her long legs, full chest, and shapely figure to her piercing eyes, high cheek bones, and pale, flawless skin.

Disposition: Morrigan is a schemer, like her master. She seeks to one day dethrone the Fairy Queen and take up her own throne - someday, far into the future, when that throne is already occupied by Llanalach and she sits on Llanalach's own throne as the Lady of Change and Scheme. She is ruthless, relentless, and self-serving, ultimately only concerned with herself and her Master, and even there, she comes first.

Skills: Morrigan is no match for her master in schemes or preparations, but she comes closer than nearly anyone else in existence. Morrigan can study a person and given time, understand them nearly as well as they understand themselves.

With her impressive intelligence and reasonable physical conditioning, she can predict your movements, even to some extent your thoughts and make her own moves accordingly, whatever the moves might be. She's not picky.

Patron: Llanalach, Lord/Lady of Change and Scheme. Llanalach's physical form is that of a terrifying abomination, formed out of writhing tentacles, tongues, and eyes, a mountain of writhing flesh in his domain in the Sea of Broken Hope. Llanalach's origins are nearly untraceable, few know where he/she comes from, what she/he truly wants, or even what the hell it really is.

Enhancements and equipment: Morrigan has been blessed by the Lord of Change with the ability to change her shape as she sees fit. She has mastered this ability, and is capable of taking on the forms of numerous other beings, as well as altering her primary shape for her own purposes.
Prediction of other players? Way over-powered, and good potential for godmodding. Also, you've got a trecnhcoating Lord.

I recommend writing a new sheet, or at least a substantial remake...

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Xero Scythe said:
Patron: Igneus, the Lord of Flames, a pyromancer who began as an alchemist. By mixing his alchemy with his incredibly advanced magic, Igneus found the Elixer of Eternal Youth, created by heating multiple poisons at heats unbearable for most men. Igneus kept the secret of immortality to himself and honed his Pyromancy through the ages until he reached the pinnacle of magic, joining the other Lords and Ladies as a near- god. Igneus quickly made several alliances in the ever fluctuating court of the Lords and Ladies before selecting his champion. Now, with William Sable dead and Keech on the run, Igneus thinks life is going to become quite interesting.
That's more like it =D
Combined with the PM, I can safely say you're accepted.
[sup]But next time, tell me when you edit your sheet. Or post it anew[/sup]

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009

Patron: Andrana, the Lady of Dance, Wine and Music, the never-fading Beauty. When she was still a mere human, Andrana was known as a dancer so beautiful that Kings and Lords lusted after her. When one such smaller Lord fell so madly in love with her that he promised her his powers in exchange for her love, she agreed to his terms, but left him forever once she had his powers. Since that day, her dance is magical and has the power to warp reality to her will. She is generally considered a benevolent Lady, trying to bring pleasure to all people, but more than once people became her hated enemies because they didn't give her what she wanted. In most cases, she tries to keep the peace, but she still prefers exuberant chaos and excess to the strict and joyless rule of law. Being far from one of the strongest among the Lords and Ladies, she usually stays out of most their quarrels and politics, nut is rumoured to have pursued romantic interests with some of them.

I reworked my Lady a bit. I think it's far better now, but I don't know if I may have taken a little bit too much liberties in how she got her powers.
Also, I thought about just naming her "The Lady of Pleasure", but that sounds just wrong,doesn't it?

Doc Gnosis

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2010
Country
United States
If I could ask an odd question, do these lords, ladies, and champions have families? Can and do they procreate? Or are they sterile?

RootbeerJello

Jul 19, 2009
Just to clarify, do lords and ladies have multiple champions representing them? My sheet will assume so, and I can edit it tomorrow if this isn't the case.

RootbeerJello

Jul 19, 2009
I kind of assumed a few things (Mages on earth, multiple champions, etc.) Just tell me if anything needs to be changed.

<spoiler=Simon Gove>
Name: Simon Gove
Appearance: Slim, and slightly below average height. Short black hair falls just above his eyebrows. Simon has a roundish face with a small, sharp chin. He's 25, but looks younger around the eyes. His small frame accentuates the illusion of his youthful appearance. He wears the clothing of commoners, a simple shirt with a brown vest over it.
Disposition: Simon is moderately social. He stays aloof with people he doesn't know, but is quick to get to know people. However, if he's in a bad mood, he'll remain entirely to himself, and lash out if prodded. He generally is upbeat, but can change unexpectedly. He doesn't necessarily follow all rules that he should, but, somewhat hypocritically, he believes any rule or law he agrees with should be followed by others. Simon enjoys the work he's given as a champion, which doesn't often involve combat.
Skills: Simon is a thief, or an investigator. He's incredibly stealthy and crafty, and can quickly work his way out of a tight situation. He's also fast enough to make quick escapes.
Patron: Gerhardt Dietrich is a fairly passive lord. He's employed a large network of champions that are his eyes and ears to the world. Gerhardt oversees a large cluster of trade towns from his large estate, but power is not what truly interests him. Facing near eternal life, he wants to know everything there is to know. He works to engineer new technologies, which he then gives to his citizens, allowing his ideas to disperse. He often employs his champions to collect biological samples, get little-known information, and keep him up to date on worldwide events. As a scholarly enchanter by nature, he's paid his champions handsomely by bestowing them with the incredibly potent enchanted devices he concocts. Although Gerhardt does not usually send his champions to combat, he considers himself a humanitarian, opposing injustices performed by the representatives of other mages. He has also been known to start wars to protect rare biological samples that may be endangered by champions. Naturally, Gerhardt was intrigued by the tale of Keech, and sent Simon to investigate.
Enchantments/Equipment: Lord Dietrich presented Simon with three enchanted tools to assist him in his stealthy reconnaissance missions. The first is a small blue pendant that works as a pick for any non-enchanted locks. The second is a thin, light chest plate that Simon wears under his clothing. Although it won't exactly stop a battleaxe, it can negate blows from light weapons, and greatly reduce damage from heavier attacks. The third tool is a thin dagger that can be concealed easily, and cut through any non-enchanted armor.

LilGherkin

Aug 15, 2008
Here's hoping you like my character well enough to accept me.
Name: Raylan Odessa

Appearance: Raylan stands at 6' 2", and slender frame. His short, sandy blonde hair, which stretches across his face to form a closely shaven beard looks as if he had just come out from the desert; while his face looks relatively aged to that of a 40 year old. In contradiction to his facial features his eyes possess a vibrant blue color, and his skin has developed a nice tan hue from his journeys. He wears a weathered and cracked leather jerkin over a white puffy cotton long sleeve shirt, with white pants tucked into his black leather boots. He wears a large gold medallion with many interlocking circles inscribed on it. On his belt rests a set of lock-picks, and a small sapphire handled dagger.

Disposition: Raylan is a highly sociable character, willing to share his stories and tales with all in the vicinity. He possess a sharp and silver tongue for his favorite passion. He has a problem with gambling and drink which sometimes become a large hindrance for him, along with the inability to back away from anything. Raylan has a sense of adventure, favored by his lord for the stories that they tell to him.

Skills: Raylan has a strong ability of adaptation, but has never learned how to properly swing a sword. Even though he lacks the ability to fight properly he has no problem with playing dirty, and is often known across the land for it. He has the ability to run quite fast, and quite well through crowds and escaping from challenges he knows that he can't win.

Patron: Daedalus Bloom, the lord of adventure. He is known as one of the most daring of lords. His goal is to collect the great stories of man and record them. During Daedalus' own adventures he had stumbled across a deity that granted him his wish of immortality and eternal youth so that he might spend his time to gather, and write, stories. Daedalus considers himself an ally with almost every patron for his ability to tell them stories, save for those that consider it their goals to set the world ablaze.

Enchantments & Equipment: Raylan possess a medallion worn around his neck that peers through the memories of others to find their stories. He also possesses a rope that his Lord has imbued so that it would never break, and could extend in length when desired. His lord has also granted him a pair of boots that allow him to walk for miles on end without tiring.