Lord British Joins The House of Farmville

nodlimax

Feb 8, 2012
"These days, however, he's more about accessibility, the mass market..."

Whenever I read the words "accessibility" and "mass market" together with a game I turn around and simply walk away. These 2 words together usually mean that the game is so easy and the gameplay is so simple that even morons with an IQ of 10 can't lose.

I tried a few of those online social games in the past (a few years ago) but I can't get myself to like these games. Therfore I don't even bother with them anymore.

But it's actually funny to see big names like RG go into the social gaming. Proabably means he can't do real games anymore.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I smell a desperation move.
Can't think of a way that this isn't a failure waiting to happen.

Groenteman

Mar 30, 2011
Sad story, waste of talent. I doubt anyone that made games he made in the past could say all that garbage and mean it.

But in the end the guy got to earn a living. It still beats flipping burgers, sorta.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Lord British with Zynga...
Warren Spector making crappy Mickey Mouse games...
Will Wright being on the board of directors for Second Life...

When legendary game designers use their renown to back horrible things it makes me want to cry inside.

Next we'll see Peter Molyneux overhyping a reboot of EA's Sydicate reboot

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
Once you're past 40, boldness, imagination and creativity die a slow, agonizing death and MONEY starts taking over your brain.
It seems.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
meh, Garriott hasn't made anything worthwhile probably in fifteen years at LEAST. It's kind of strange to think THIS is his fall from grace.

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
The last thing the mobile gaming industry needs, or any industry in general needs, is for something to somehow save Zynga from destruction. Kairosoft, now THERE'S a company that has potential.

jbm1986

May 18, 2012
Nooners said:
I can practically hear Spoony's rage now...I'm so sorry, Spoony.
Glad I'm not the only person who feels bad for Spoony.

..."Objects in the game will have real-world equivalents that can be purchased"...
Who the hell is going to buy any of that crap in real life?