Los Angeles Manhunt

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
In LA the police have launched a massive manhunt to find and ex cop that is suspected of committing three murders, the hunt is now into its second day. He has threatend a one man "asymmetrical war" against the police and published online manifestos about his intentions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21386682

Shockingly though the police attempted to stop what they thought was the fugitive, they riddled the pick up with bullets before trying to identify the driver. It wasn't the renegade cop, it was two women out delivering newspapers. Luckily they survived, even more shocking is that a second shooting in similar circumstances occurred and they blasted another car up without identifying the driver.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-cop-manhunt-newspaper-delivery-women-shot.html

I don't know which is worse, the fact that they keep opening fire on innocent members of the public or the fact that the police cant shoot for shit. Look at how many rounds hit that truck yet the people inside survived.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
This is ridiculous. The very least they can do is TRY to identify the drivers. These animals need to show some fucking restraint: they're giving police work a bad name. My uncle (who is an inner city cop) would be pissed if he had heard this, due to its inexcusability.

NightmareExpress

Dec 31, 2012
Cripes, that sounds like the plot for an '80s movie or a Tom Clancy book.
Apparently he disliked the way that they handled things (excessive force, corruption and lies).
The LAPD certainly don't paint a good image of themselves with shooting up civ vehicles in paranoia...

His manifesto is also an interesting read. Much better put together than a lot of others, that's for sure.
Seems like he doesn't plan on making it out of his situation alive.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It kind of like the film Rambo but instead of a veteran soldier being mistreated, it's just a former cop (with hidden mental problem) going apeshit to the extreme just because they fired him.
Either way I hope they catch him dead or alive, those people shouldn't have been killed just because he had a bad day for being fired.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
It kind of like the film Rambo but instead of a veteran soldier being mistreated, it's just a former cop (with hidden mental problem) going apeshit to the extreme just because they fired him.
Either way I hope they catch him dead or alive, those people shouldn't have been killed just because he had a bad day for being fired.
He's not going postal.. I mean, yeah he sort of is, but if you read his manifesto he's got a shit ton of legit complaints against the LAPD for their corruption and racism.

He's not a pyschopath in the traditional sense.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
SaneAmongInsane said:
Scarim Coral said:
He's not going postal.. I mean, yeah he sort of is, but if you read his manifesto he's got a shit ton of legit complaints against the LAPD for their corruption and racism.

Murder isn't really the best way to deal with racism though, nor is sending threats to families of people he worked with

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Lionsfan said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Scarim Coral said:

Murder isn't really the best way to deal with racism though, nor is sending threats to families of people he worked with
Of course not. Guy is a cop killer and should be brought to justice.

But once all is said and done, I think we seriously need to investigate the LAPD. The fact they keep firing on civilians half-cocked since this guy went rogued stands out to me that they want to murder this guy to shut him up. They clearly don't want this guy to live to stand trial.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
SaneAmongInsane said:
Lionsfan said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Scarim Coral said:

But once all is said and done, I think we seriously need to investigate the LAPD. The fact they keep firing on civilians half-cocked since this guy went rogued stands out to me that they want to murder this guy to shut him up. They clearly don't want this guy to live to stand trial.
I mean normally when people say this: "It is clear as day that the department retaliated toward me for reporting XXXX for kicking Mr. XXXX" it tends to bring skepticism.

But yeah, with the cops trying so damned hard to kill him, it raises a lot of question.

While I seriously doubt all the allegations he says are true, I wonder which ones are? There's no doubt that there's corruption in the LAPD, just like the NYPD, and every other big city PD, but it just depends on how much corruption there is

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Lionsfan said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Lionsfan said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Scarim Coral said:

I mean normally when people say this: "It is clear as day that the department retaliated toward me for reporting XXXX for kicking Mr. XXXX" it tends to bring skepticism.

But yeah, with the cops trying so damned hard to kill him, it raises a lot of question.

While I seriously doubt all the allegations he says are true, I wonder which ones are? There's no doubt that there's corruption in the LAPD, just like the NYPD, and every other big city PD, but it just depends on how much corruption there is
I believe the specific events he states are true. At very least, I've read his full manifesto, any honest journalist could fact check him. That there are some cops that take pictures of victims bodies, that some only see dead civilians as overtime, that a chunk of the police force is really corrupt and the other half just ignores it for fear of retaliation.

The biggest thing for me is that his manifesto reads entirely rational. He doesn't read like a typical mass killer, he's not pyschotic, he seems like a rational man that is CHOOSING to do a very evil thing because he believes he is right.

I don't condone killing. He's not a hero, and you bring up a good point maybe we need to take a closer look at all of our PD. I've never had any trouble with the NYPD, but it can't hurt can it?

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
I actually somewhat respect this man for what he is doing. He has basically sacrificed his life here to try and expose the police for the crimes and bullshit they have been doing. He is either going to get killed, or he is going to get locked away for the rest of his life. Both are terrible fates that he seems willing to accept if his work can get something done about police corruption.

Fuck righteous heroism, sometimes more underhanded tactics need to be employed for something to actually get fixed or work. I don't condone the killing of innocent people, but if it leads to long-term change? I don't know man.

Benpasko

Jul 3, 2011
I hope he wins. The fact that the police are shooting up innocent civs just makes him look even righter.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
if he goes to jail it would be an interesting dynamic. on one hand he is a cop and those guys tend to get a little more raped than the average joe but on the other he is a cop killer.

funniest quote i heard was a reporter asked an officer if he was dangerous/skilled to which he replied "sure he is. we trained him" and while that may not be true based on the fact the cops can pepper a vehicle without actually hitting anyone he will have a chance to possible access police radio and stay a step a head of road blocks and the like

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Somehow, I'm reminded of this little bit of history as I watch these events unfold:

I'm now suddenly interested in watching the weather reports from LA.

OT: This surprises me not in the least. And for the record, I'm not rooting for the cops.

TaboriHK

Sep 15, 2008
SaneAmongInsane said:

Yes he is. Complaints aside, you don't kill family members that had exactly zero to do with corruption. He's not a reasonable guy.

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
Is it wrong that I find this hilarious.
"I have a feeling that's him"
"KAY. LETS PEW PEW PEW WITH OUR WATER GUNS"
**fires barrage of bullets on paper girls**
Seriously, who the hell trained these guys? The three stooges?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Holy carp, they went completely Just Cause 2 on that truck.

They must be absolutely stressed out of their minds right now. I hope they get him.

And to the people cheering for the murderer:WHAT DRUGS ARE YOU ON? YOU'RE CHEERING FOR A GODDAMNED MURDERER. AT LEAST THE POLICE HAVEN'T KILLED ANYONE. YOU'RE CHEERING FOR A HONEST-TO-GOD MURDERER BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN INSTANT KNEE-JERK ANTI-COP REACTION.

STOP.

ALL OF YOU.

GO TO YOUR ROOM.

APPLY YOUR DAMNED BRAINS.

Furious? Me? What would give you that impression?

And before anyone gets on me about "But he's doing it because corruption":

You're trying to justify cop murder because of cop corruption? Screw off. Sure, there should be an investigation... AFTER they arrest the psychopath. Whatever happened to your sense of priorities?