Los Angeles Manhunt

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
SadisticFire said:
lacktheknack said:
B-but where would I laugh at real life Just Cause 2 actions. I need my comedic relief from tragedies like cop killing and corruption.
You'll notice I applied a Just Cause 2 joke.

The fury isn't dedicated to the shooting at the car (which is still terrifying, but OK to laugh at because no one was actually killed).

The fury is dedicated to the pure idiocy that is "siding with the murderous psycho".

Maybe having family in the police force has finally made me snap at the anti-cop sentiments around here. I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore, ya know?

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
lacktheknack said:
The fury is dedicated to the pure idiocy that is "siding with the murderous psycho".

Maybe having family in the police force has finally made me snap at the anti-cop sentiments around here. I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore, ya know?
There really isn't anyone else to side with in this particular case. The cops here have shown themselves to be so inept it makes the killer look like he might have a point.

Not to say the killing of innocents is okay. There's just no heroes here at all.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
The semirandom shootings of citizens is rapidly eroding the public's trust in the LAPD and will likely engender sympathy for the fugitive if they continue. I'm not talking about the crazies that love the guy here, either. There have already been at least two attacks by cops on citizens.

I suspect its a tough weekend to be an LA cop.

What im really worried about here are copycats

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Shadowstar38 said:
lacktheknack said:

There really isn't anyone else to side with in this particular case. The cops here have shown themselves to be so inept it makes the killer look like he might have a point.

Not to say the killing of innocents is okay. There's just no heroes here at all.
There may be no heroes, but in the choice between "incompetent and possibly corrupt cops who haven't killed anyone" and "psychotic murderer with an axe to grind", I can't believe there's actually a division of loyalty.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
TaboriHK said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
He's not going postal.. I mean, yeah he sort of is, but if you read his manifesto he's got a shit ton of legit complaints against the LAPD for their corruption and racism.

He's not a pyschopath in the traditional sense.
Yes he is. Complaints aside, you don't kill family members that had exactly zero to do with corruption. He's not a reasonable guy.
Meanwhile the LAPD are firing on innocent civilians in an attempt to kill him.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-cop-manhunt-newspaper-delivery-women-shot.html

Who's the bigger pyschopath? The pyschopath or the guys that are suppose to catch the pyschopath?

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
I have a house in both Irvine (where two civilians have been murdered) and Riverside (where a policemen have been shot) and I commute back and forth on weekly basis.

All I can react to it is: "WHAT IN A FUCKING HELL??"

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Shadowstar38 said:
lacktheknack said:

There may be no heroes, but in the choice between "incompetent and possibly corrupt cops who haven't killed anyone" and "psychotic murderer with an axe to grind", I can't believe there's actually a division of loyalty.
And the pyscho has said "I'm only going after the LAPD and their family."

meanwhile the LAPD is going off halfcocked on anyone that looks like the suspect.

Gonna be a bad weekend for every large bald black man in LA...

Robert0288

Jun 10, 2008
Who needs to go on a 1 man insurgency, when all you have to do is threaten it, and the police start shooting anything that moves.

LAPD can be racist, corrupt or what have you, and definitely needs to be looked into. But still hope they catch him and put him down hard for the murderer he is.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
SaneAmongInsane said:
TaboriHK said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
He's not going postal.. I mean, yeah he sort of is, but if you read his manifesto he's got a shit ton of legit complaints against the LAPD for their corruption and racism.

Yes he is. Complaints aside, you don't kill family members that had exactly zero to do with corruption. He's not a reasonable guy.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/ex-cop-manhunt-newspaper-delivery-women-shot.html

Who's the bigger pyschopath? The pyschopath or the guys that are suppose to catch the pyschopath?
Is there any actual evidence that any of them are psychopaths?

Murderer for one, and questionably competent at best (vague chance both were honest mistakes, though I seriously doubt it), but that's not the same thing as psychopathy.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
SaneAmongInsane said:
lacktheknack said:
Shadowstar38 said:
lacktheknack said:

And the pyscho has said "I'm only going after the LAPD and their family."

meanwhile the LAPD is going off halfcocked on anyone that looks like the suspect.

Gonna be a bad weekend for every large bald black man in LA...
You don't think they'll tighten right the hell up now? (Protip: They totally will.)

Oh, and good, HE'S ONLY GOING AFTER THEIR FAMILIES.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Shadowstar38 said:
lacktheknack said:

Havn't killed anyone "yet". And not for lack of trying either.

And much more afraid of the group of people being given weapons by the state, and yet are shooting at innocent people than the one psycho that has some sort of plan.

I'd rather take my chances with the latter.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
SaneAmongInsane said:
TaboriHK said:
SaneAmongInsane said:

The one who's hunting down and killing people.

Rhetorical questions don't work when they're easily answerable.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Shadowstar38 said:
lacktheknack said:
Shadowstar38 said:
lacktheknack said:

And much more afraid of the group of people being given weapons by the state, and yet are shooting at innocent people than the one psycho that has some sort of plan.

Then you're insane.

That's all I can conclude from someone who says that they'd rather encounter a serial killer rather than stressed-beyond-hell cops.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Shadowstar38 said:
lacktheknack said:
Shadowstar38 said:
lacktheknack said:

Then you're insane.

That's all I can conclude from someone who says that they'd rather encounter a serial killer rather than stressed-beyond-hell cops.
If I run into the cops that work in this city and I'm

-Driving a car that might look like what he's driving? Dead
- Vaguely match the guy's description? Dead
- Happen to be doing any number of things that might seem fishy to a cop? Dead

And because it's the police, they're likely to get away with it.

With the killer, there are far less things I can do to tick him off.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Shadowstar38 said:
lacktheknack said:
Shadowstar38 said:
lacktheknack said:
Shadowstar38 said:
lacktheknack said:

Then you're insane.

If I run into the cops that work in this city and I'm

-Driving a car that might look like what he's driving? Dead
- Vaguely match the guy's description? Dead
- Happen to be doing any number of things that might seem fishy to a cop? Dead

And because it's the police, they're likely to get away with it.

With the killer, there are far less things I can do to tick him off.
Wrong wrong wrong. You seriously think they're going to open fire on someone who they aren't sure is the suspect at this point? What do you think they are, suicidal lemmings? They know they're under immense scrutiny at this point, and won't DARE to try that stunt again.

If you're doing anything "fishy" or "resemble" the suspect, even the most on-edge cop in existence would tell you to put your hands up, and if you did, they'd arrest you, only to let you go right away because you certainly have an alibi and aren't resisting (and if you are resisting, then you're an idiot regardless of circumstance). And at this point, they'll be pulling people over before shooting.

Meanwhile, if we meet our serial killer:
Part of the family of an LAPD officer? Dead. For sure. If this was happening in my city, I'd be a target right now.

You're essentially saying "I'm siding with a guy who has a 100% chance of killing people again, because I'm not a target, and the other guys have a 0.000000000001% chance of shooting me". Even less so, since I highly doubt you resemble the suspect.

It's disgusting. Stop it.

Animyr

Jan 11, 2011
It's actually quite interesting to watch how this guy managed to tap into the national consciousness and get everyone to think of him as the classic hero struggling against the system. It's been so effective that everyone's concerned that the evil LAPD has wounded civilians when Dorner actually HAS killed multiple civilians for no better reason, so far as we know, then that they were related to a police officer. I'm sorry, but you can't really fix injustice with injustice. That just makes Dorner as bad if not worse then the organization he's fighting against, regardless of how legitimate or not his complaints may be, and in my opinion he's already invalidated everything he's fighting for.

My two cents, anyway.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Meaning of Karma said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
TaboriHK said:
SaneAmongInsane said:

That would be the guy intentionally and systematically murdering people.
And yet I'm less scared of him than I am of the ones who are supposed to protecting the people.
Show an ounce of empathy for some policeman's son, daughter, or spouse. Just an ounce. I dare you.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
lacktheknack said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
TaboriHK said:
SaneAmongInsane said:

The one who's hunting down and killing people.

Rhetorical questions don't work when they're easily answerable.
Look, clearly Dorner is in the wrong. And he should face the fullest extent of the law.

When I say he's not a pyschopath in traditional terms, he's not fucking Eric Harris. He's not killing because he hates humanity or some bullshit. He's flat out stated "This is my beef with the LAPD"

http://pastebin.com/TAzPRfPy

He needs to face justice, I agree, but I think some of his claims need to be investigated. The thought of police taking pictures with their cell phone cameras of the recently deceased and betting on who has the worse corpse? And all of that misconduct protected by the "blue line"

I've never had any trouble with police but it be foolish to write off his claims as the ramblings of a delusional mad man. This is different.